Job Posting #863193
Position: Senior Business Analyst
Site: 700 University Ave - Hydro Building
Department: TECHNA Institute
Reports to: Manager
Salary Range: $40.43 to $50.53 per hour (Commensurate with experience and consistent with UHN Compensation Policy)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Status: Temporary Full-Time (12 months)
As an integral member of the TECHNA Institute, the Senior Business Analyst responsibilities include: working with TECHNA and Finance management or directorates in the evaluation of assigned Business cases; assisting with the preparation of the annual operating budget for assigned directorate, supervising the team to achieve departmental goals and objectives; working closely with individual researchers, research support staff, granting agencies and external organizations to account for and facilitate the administration of research grants; preparing monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements to granting agencies and other organizations in a timely manner; assisting manager to review current procedures and processes and to implement improvements; preparing necessary financial analysis to support decision making at various levels of management; performing cross-functional duties and other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
• Motivates team members to ensure all day-to-day activities run smoothly & accurately
• Assists manager to implement measures for the team to achieve department’s goals & objectives
• Meets with researchers and/or research support staff; contributes financial expertise to assist researchers’ decision making
• Leads presentation/education session to keep researchers and /or research support staff informed of policies and procedures
• Understanding and interpreting complex research grants/contracts.
• Prepares financial statements including verification of matching funds.
• Investigates and identifies significant variances & potential risks and proposes solutions to researchers
• Acts as finance lead in application process for complex, multi sponsored grants
• Professional designation of Chartered Accountant, Certified General Accountant or Certified Management Accountant
• University degree in Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent
• Masters of Business Administration preferred,
• Experience in an accounting or auditing environment with exposure to financial statement preparation and analysis required.
• Experience with information technology control processes and systems required.
• Experience with activity, workflow and organizational analysis for business/process re-engineering or efficiency improvements required.
• Working knowledge of Access preferred.
• Experience in a healthcare environment
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required.
• Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal skills required.
• Excellent knowledge of acceptable accounting standards required.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
• Ability to take initiative and embrace challenges required.
• Ability to work accurately under stressful conditions and to meet tight deadlines required.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member required.
• Computer literacy, required preferably in a Microsoft office environment, with an aptitude for learning new computer applications quickly.
• Maintains current knowledge of accounting principles, methodology and standards required.
• Adheres to confidentiality policy for sensitive financial data and information required.
Posted Date: September 10, 2020 Closing Date: Until Filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Six core values guide us in everything that we do. Do what’s right Deliver winning results Build collaborative teams Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way Learn and grow, inwardly and...
Pharmaceutical Industry Medical/Pharma Experience Come work with us at our client, a global leader in the pharmaceutical industry. The Reporting Specialist will provide operational support to the...
Human Resources Advisor- Bilingual Tracking Code 3553-046 Job Description Brandt is currently seeking a Bilingual Human Resources Advisor. Under the guidance of the HR Manager and the Senior...
Close Business Intelligence Manager Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Manager Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Market Research,Sales,Category...
Close Retail Key Account Manager - East Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Sales Years...
We are currently seeking an Architect (Project) with 10+ years of high rise residential experience and strong technical capabilities to join the HOK Toronto team. As a Project Architect, in...
Six core values guide us in everything that we do. Do what’s right Deliver winning results Build...
Pharmaceutical Industry Medical/Pharma Experience Come work with us at our client, a global...
Human Resources Advisor- Bilingual Tracking Code 3553-046 Job Description Brandt is currently...
Close Business Intelligence Manager Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+...
Close Retail Key Account Manager - East Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+...
We are currently seeking an Architect (Project) with 10+ years of high rise residential...