Job ID: 274503
Senior Financial Analyst
Regular / Day
Additional Job Information
Title: Senior Financial Analyst
City, State: Glendale, WI
Location: AW Glendale Office
Department: Healthcare Accounting
Additional Job Details: FT Days
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension’s Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
The Senior Financial Analyst performs analysis and reporting regarding financial operations and information.
- Performs statistical, cost and financial analysis of data extracted from various internal sources. Prepares reports based on findings, including health care costs, provider contracts, debt capacity, revenue and profitability.
- Assists with budget preparation and financial planning processes. Assists with budget review for compliance and identification of cost-saving opportunities.
- Serves as consultant to all levels of management to provide decision support for initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Performs special projects and duties as assigned, including research, forecasting and exploring viable alternatives.
- Works to ensure timely completion of due diligence documentation and required checklists. Utilizes knowledge of appropriate financial and accounting methods and systems to assist with reporting and analysis as required. Prepares quarterly financial statements in Excel for distribution. Prepares financial information for internal and external distribution as needed.
- Support the communication of appropriate and relevant system-wide financial and operational information and trends by initiating the development of actionable analysis as a basis in making management decisions, including operating margin and days cash on hand projections. Analyze and interpret Health Ministry ISOFPs, including strategic and financial operations, including balance sheet, income statement, changes in net assets, cash flow, statistical and ratio analysis, and analysis of capital requirements. Follow-up with local finance staffs to resolve questions. This responsibility also includes participating in the annual review of budget spreads and performing additional analysis, as requested.
- Support the Financial Planning department month end close process including Day 5 close activities and deliverables for the month end Operating Results book. Analyze month end operating results for the Health Ministries assigned and follow-up with local finance staffs to resolve questions. Coordinate the submission, review, and analysis of forecasts and action plans from the Health Ministries. Follow-up with local finance staffs to resolve questions.
- Assist the Manager, Financial Planning with the preparation of financial reports and presentations on actual, budgeted, and forecasted financial results for internal audiences including Finance Committee, Executive Leadership Community, Leadership Forum, Advisory Councils, and other audiences, as required. Assist with financial planning activities related to preparation of deliverables for external audiences including rating agency presentations, investor conference presentations, and other presentations, as requested.
- Support System level initiatives such as business case analysis, payer mix, service line, productivity and benchmark reporting. Support the process of monitoring national healthcare trends and ratios and assist in the analysis and communication of their impact on financial performance. Identify, develop and advance best practices in financial and capital planning. Assist with financial planning activities related to special projects or analysis, as requested.
- Provide additional support to the Financial Planning team, as requested. Support the development of educational sessions to enhance the financial planning and budgeting analysis techniques of finance staff within Health Ministries of Ascension Health and System Office.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Certified Certified Public Accountant.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Master's of Business Administration (MBA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred.
- Five to 7 years of progressive accounting and financial analysis experience is required.
- Two years public accounting experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
- Full Time position
- Compensation will be Market Rate
Are you looking for an opportunity to work and build a strong career with one of the coolest brands in the world? We at NIKE Canada are currently looking for an exceptionally talented Retail Sales...
Cloud Shared Services Specialist - TELUS Health - HEA03890-18 Description Be a part of a transformational journey with innovative talent and leading edge technologies? Join our team The TELUS...
Description What makes us Qlik We’re motivated to help people make discoveries in data, share insights, make decisions and act with confidence. Making a difference, both in small and large ways,...
Office Admin & Legal - Ottawa MaxSys is currently looking for an Intermediate Finance Clerk with my federal client. Qualifications: Education: Secondary school diploma is...
What is the opportunity? In this role, you will be responsible for Client Integration and Fund Events in Fund Accounting and Derivative platforms. You will have a thorough understanding of client...
Category:Business Analysis (functional and technical) City: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Employment Type: Full Time Position Description: Business Analyst (Cyber) We have an immediate requirement for a...
Are you looking for an opportunity to work and build a strong career with one of the coolest...
Cloud Shared Services Specialist - TELUS Health - HEA03890-18 Description Be a part of a...
Description What makes us Qlik We’re motivated to help people make discoveries in data, share...
Office Admin & Legal - Ottawa MaxSys is currently looking for an Intermediate Finance Clerk with...
What is the opportunity? In this role, you will be responsible for Client Integration and Fund...
Category:Business Analysis (functional and technical) City: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Employment...