Location TORONTO , Ontario, Canada
Job Opened 05/04/2018
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Number 180002BQ
Job Type Full Time
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Gilt, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The Senior Financial Analyst – Sales Audit is responsible for complex accounting and reconciliations to support the Sales Audit function. This will include preparation, review and approval of journal entries and account reconciliations as well as review and approval for those done by the HBC India Sales Audit team. The incumbent will also be responsible for developing accounting treatment for new transactions, completion of account analyses to support the period-end close process and review of financial controls to support all banners and their respective digital platforms.
Who You Are:
- You are a highly driven and results oriented individual and should be comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced, and changing environment.
- You can work independently, with the ability to prioritize and deliver to tight deadlines.
- You have exceptional communication skills and are comfortable dealing with multiple teams and departments.
- You have a strong grasp of software systems and can quickly adapt to ad hoc systems.
- You’re a self-starter, a problem-solver and should be comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment
- University degree in a Business related field, Accounting preferred.
- Working towards or completed an Accounting designation (e.g. CGA or CMA).
- At least three years of accounting experience.
- Experience working with balance sheets and GL.
- Retail sales audit experience preferred but not required.
- Produce timely and accurate completion of financial analysis to support the Sales Audit processes, including
- Create and maintain account reconciliations for higher profile accounts in Bankcard Administration to ensure that all transactions are properly recorded in the General Ledger with the appropriate degree of internal control.
- Provide applicable analysis of rates and trends for the Bankcard fees / charges from card providers
- Review chargeback & card fraud reports / trends and highlight for management any issues requiring attention
- Create and provide management reporting and analysis for Bankcard Administration.
- Develop and maintain accounting and financial reporting controls as required to support introduction of new transactions
- Provide ad hoc reporting requested by senior leadership and our internal partners.
- Work with offshore team and respective functional teams to develop and report KPI’s for respective areas and Finance Shared Services.
- Work with cross-functional team on initiatives including design and implementation of new systems and processes across each banner / digital platform
- Support internal / external audits as required (respond to requests for information, analyze reports, etc.)
- In the first 3 – 5 months, 50% of your time will be travelling within within North America
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.
Chase Paymentech is the payment processing and merchant acquiring business of JPMorgan Chase. Paymentech payment platforms support businesses of all sizes to process payments, including credit,...
What is the opportunity? In the position of Audit Manager, Insurance, you will provide independent, objective risk assessment and evaluation of the effectiveness of risk management practices,...
DAVID YURMAN - Store Manager Location: Holt Renfrew - Mississauga - Square One (100 City Centre Dr) Department: Sales Cosmetic/Brand Line: Work Status: Full-Time # of openings: 1 Project...
Are you searching for a new career opportunity in accounting and human resources? We are recruiting an Accounting/HR Specialist to join our client's office on a permanent basis. Working Hours:...
Job Posting #: 830790 Position: Director of Finance Department: Michener Institute Site: Toronto (Downtown) Status: Full-time The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution...
What is the opportunity? This role is accountable for developing, pricing, monitoring, and preserving the integrity of the profitability of our Life and Health products. This position supports the...
Chase Paymentech is the payment processing and merchant acquiring business of JPMorgan Chase....
What is the opportunity? In the position of Audit Manager, Insurance, you will provide...
DAVID YURMAN - Store Manager Location: Holt Renfrew - Mississauga - Square One (100 City Centre...
Are you searching for a new career opportunity in accounting and human resources? We are...
Job Posting #: 830790 Position: Director of Finance Department: Michener Institute Site: Toronto...
What is the opportunity? This role is accountable for developing, pricing, monitoring, and...