At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Rogers Communication Digital team is looking for a senior microservices developer, who have developed enterprise scale distributed systems leveraging technologies including Kafka and Cassandra.
This role will be primarily based at the Rogers Brampton campus, which is the technology centre of Rogers Communication Inc., a leading communications and media company.
As a senior microservice developer, you design and develop microservices to be used by single page applications that include shop, self-serve, and support various Rogers business products.
- Creating microservices using the Play/Akka framework.
- Writing maintainable source code and producing high quality documentation.
- Maintaining, debugging and optimizing microservces.
- Working closely with tech lead and front-end team to deliver the interactive online experience.
- Communicating and collaborating with other development team, FE-Developers and product managers.
Who You Are:
- You are ambitious to develop yourself and learn from others.
- You are up-to-date with the latest technologies.
- You have strong communication, documentation, and estimation skills.
- You thrive in a challenging, high paced environment.
- You are a good listener and considerate of others.
- You are open to ask help when needed and willing to help others.
- You have experience with distributed systems, caching, and persistence solutions.
- You have 3+ years working with noSQL databases ideally Cassandra
- You have 3+ years working with Kafka
- You have 2+ years of CI/CD, and using DevOps tools and practices to build and deploy software in the most efficient way.
- Additional experience with the following technologies and methodologies is ideal: Docker, Play/Akka, Cassandra, kafka, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Azure, Jenkins, Nginx, Akamai, CMS, Spark, and Unix.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Digital & eCommerce
Requisition ID: 123602
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.
Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]] || [[country]] || ON || Brampton || [[mfield2]] ||
Industrial Staffing - Brampton Maxsys Staffing is now recruiting for a major company at Queen and Airport rd. Qualifications: – Able to lift 30 pounds – Own Safety shoes – Work 40 hours – Open to...
QA Analyst 4-ProdDev-18001I5W Preferred Qualifications The Company As the leader in modern marketing, Eloqua is now the centerpiece of the Oracle Marketing Cloud . Our innovative marketing...
Industrial Staffing - Brampton Maxsys Staffing is currently hiring full time hardware technicians for a major client in Brampton – must have soldering experience. Location: Brampton (Airport...
The Institute of Biomaterials & Biomedical Engineering (https://ibbme.utoronto.ca) in the University of Toronto invites applications for a full-time tenure-stream appointment in the area of...
The Institute of Biomaterials & Biomedical Engineering (https://ibbme.utoronto.ca/) at the University of Toronto invites applications for a full-time tenure-stream appointment in the area of...
Educator Digital & Information Services – Community Connections Casual – up to three (3) positions The Region of Peel, Canada’s second-largest municipality, has undergone a major transformation...
Industrial Staffing - Brampton Maxsys Staffing is now recruiting for a major company at Queen...
QA Analyst 4-ProdDev-18001I5W Preferred Qualifications The Company As the leader in modern...
Industrial Staffing - Brampton Maxsys Staffing is currently hiring full time hardware...
The Institute of Biomaterials & Biomedical Engineering (https://ibbme.utoronto.ca) in the...
The Institute of Biomaterials & Biomedical Engineering (https://ibbme.utoronto.ca/) at the...
Educator Digital & Information Services – Community Connections Casual – up to three (3)...