Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Senior Cloud Analyst
As WestJet becomes more complex and dynamic, we are seeking a Senior Cloud Analyst reporting into our Information Technology office. This individual can exhibit a high standard of excellence, enjoys challenges, and is results-driven. The incumbent must be highly motivated and demonstrate the ability to work in an agile environment.
The Senior Cloud Analyst will play an integral part in the design, development, and operation of the WestJet cloud presence. This role will be responsible for the migration, planning, and operational process development to assist in WestJet’s journey to the cloud. Working with the rest of the Cloud Operations Team and the Cloud Solution Architect, the Senior Cloud Operations Analyst will meet with other Application support groups and develop roadmaps to migrate the various application workloads into the WestJet cloud environment.
- Contribute to the development of AWS, Azure (and other) public cloud provider standards and best practices.
- Develop and maintain a strong set of guard rails in the Cloud environments to ensure WestJet’s Information is kept safe and secure.
- Build out and expand on our Infrastructure as Code as it pertains to our Cloud environments.
- Create runbooks / operational procedures for the upkeep of the cloud infrastructure.
- Collaborate with Application Teams to replace / rebuild / revise / refactor and if required, re-host applications from out datacenter to the cloud.
- Act as an evangelist when meeting with other groups in describing the WestJet journey to the cloud. Represent the Cloud Operations team to other technical and non-technical teams including Directors, Senior Leadership, and Executive.
- Provide mentorship to other members of the Cloud Operations team as well as members of the Information Technology teams in the best practices within the Cloud.
- 3-5 years Cloud experience and 5-7 years IT Operations experience
- Strong working knowledge of cloud best practices
- Deep technical background (operating systems, networking, application performance management, load balancing,
- security systems, etc.)
- Experience in building large distributed systems
- Experience in supporting highly available applications
- Developing and maintaining business continuity and disaster recovery processes
- Experience with enterprise monitoring tools
- Experience with databases (relational and NoSQL)
- Experience with networks (routing, firewalls, load balancers, DNS, etc.)
- Experience supporting/building applications in AWS or Azure
- Experience support cloud to on-premise workloads and understanding the mitigating factors involved
- Knowledge of DevOps, agile development and cloud operations support processes
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code using any of the following Python/Cloud Formation
- Templates/Terraform/VSTS/Ansible/PowerShell, etc.
- Strong presentation skills
- Must be detail-oriented and possess the ability to multi-task and meet unexpected deadlines in a demanding environment.
- Demonstrate sound judgment regarding confidential and sensitive matters.
- Must provide high level of customer service to internal and external guests.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
Cloud Platform Sales Rep - Calgary - Technology Sales Representative IV-18000QO4 Preferred Qualifications Cloud Platform Sales Representative Brief Posting Description This position is responsible...
Release & Environments Manager (Project Manager II) - TELUS Health - HEA03451-18 Description Be a part of a transformational journey with innovative talent and leading edge technologies. Join our...
Cloud ERP Technical Lead Eagle is currently seeking a Cloud ERP Technical Lead for a six (6) month contract position, scheduled to begin immediately. Responsibilities include: Provide technical...
Job Description Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™ This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well. Ceridian is a cloud company powered by people. Join us as we...
Position ID 13481BR Title Manager, Technology Advisory Line of Service Consulting & Deals Job Type Full-Time City AB - Calgary Job Description Collaborate with industry leaders, diverse teams...
Category:Database Administration City: Calgary, Alberta, Canada Employment Type: Full Time Position Description: The Calgary region of CGI’s Western Business Unit is looking for an Oracle & SQL...
Cloud Platform Sales Rep - Calgary - Technology Sales Representative IV-18000QO4 Preferred...
Release & Environments Manager (Project Manager II) - TELUS Health - HEA03451-18 Description Be...
Cloud ERP Technical Lead Eagle is currently seeking a Cloud ERP Technical Lead for a six (6)...
Job Description Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™ This is our promise. Not only for our...
Position ID 13481BR Title Manager, Technology Advisory Line of Service Consulting & Deals Job...
Category:Database Administration City: Calgary, Alberta, Canada Employment Type: Full...