Posting # 862968 - Re-post!
Position: Senior Business Process & Data Analyst
Department: Data and Implementation Science
Reports to: Senior Managers Data & Implementation Science, Site Management Team
Site: Atrium on Bay, UHN Hospital Locations
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Salary/Grade: H007 - $70,081 - $90,000(based on experience and qualifications)
UHN is a major landmark in Canada’s health care system with four hospitals, five research institutes, and our Michener Institute of Education. Our purpose is to transform lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery, and learning. With over 1,200 beds, more than one million clinic visits per year, and a budget of over $2 billion, UHN and its 16,000 employees make a difference in the lives of patients and their families every day.
For more information on UHN, visit www.uhn.ca.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION:
The UHN Site Management Team supports four sites at UHN (TG, TW, PM and TR) including corporate entities across the organization like Medical Imaging, Labs, Facilities, Security, Altum Health, etc. The Site Management Team has been in place since 2008 and since then has been able to significantly advance the way in which Digital engages the sites and identifies opportunities for convergence across the entire organization.
As a member of the Site Management team, the Senior Business Process and Data Analyst exercises considerable judgment and independence in supporting corporate, strategic and operational initiatives. The responsibilities include:
- Analyze business needs, problems and opportunities
- Facilitate process and design workshops with multidisciplinary groups to identify, validate, and document clinical, business and technical requirements
- Conduct workflow review and process redesign, and support continuous improvement processes
- Apply sound change management techniques for effective stakeholder engagement and communications
- Lead simple to moderately complex projects of small to medium scope
- Coordinating and facilitating Committee and Working Groups that provides strategic guidance and management direction to the organization
- Supporting investigations/requirements phase of proposed strategic initiatives at the sites. Work objectives include requirements gathering, process mapping, gap analysis, and facilitation of cross-disciplinary working groups
- Design data collection processes, collect and analyze data, lead data reporting and data visualization activities
- Supporting UHN during planned or unplanned IT downtimes and the facilitation of recovery activities
- Contributing to the development of solid customer relationships between all areas of UHN and Digital
- Assisting business and clinical teams to understand services offered by Digital and connecting to the right individuals to address IT needs and questions
- Representing Digital in a professional manner with clinical, education and research teams
Experience, Education & Certifications
- Undergraduate Degree in Health Informatics, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Business, or related field
- Minimum 3 years of Project Management, Business Process/Analysis experience or equivalent
- Advanced experience in creating and maintaining MS Office deliverables including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio and Project
- Business Requirements knowledge in the areas of gathering and documenting requirements, workflow and process modeling
- Demonstrates well-formed organizational, time management, problem solving, decision making and facilitation skills
- Ability to maintain flexibility and willingness to compromise on positions in the interests of ensuring consensus
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and also as a contributing team member
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent prioritization, organization skills and flexibility to work in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to systematically analyze situations/issues, identify options, draw logical conclusions and determine/recommend practical courses of action
- Able to work with minimal supervision on moderately complex tasks
- Able to work with multidisciplinary teams in a positive and productive manner
- Able to effectively deal with high priority unscheduled tasks and problems
- Experience developing presentations and presenting to various stakeholder groups including senior management
- Experience in business writing skills and documentation
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior staff would be preferred
- Familiarity with PMI project management lifecycle
Meetings and Travel:
Office is in the Toronto Downtown area (Yonge/Dundas). Some travel throughout the GTA is required, dependent on project assignment.
Reasons to Stay and Grow with UHN
We are committed to making UHN a preferred place to work and learn. UHN offers exceptional benefits and programs to our employees, activated upon their start date. These include medical and dental benefits, a leading pension plan (HOOPP) with retirement income for life, group life insurance, and a strong vacation package.
Posting Date: Feb 1, 2021 - February 14, 2021
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Req ID: 113874 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and...
Req ID: 113875 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and...
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Cloud Do you crave the creativity and freedom of a startup but the stability of a large, established company? Are you seeking the autonomy to take risks,...
Req ID: 113886 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and...
Req ID: 113885 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and...
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply...
Req ID: 113874 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
Req ID: 113875 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Cloud Do you crave the creativity and freedom of a...
Req ID: 113886 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
Req ID: 113885 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise...