POSTING # 865088 - Repost
Position: Senior Business Process & Data Analyst - TFT
Department: UHN Digital, Data and Implementation Science
Reports to: Senior Project Manager or Program Manager, UHN Digital, Data & Implementation Science
Site: Atrium on Bay, UHN Hospital Locations
Status: Temporary Full-time (24 months)
Salary/Grade: H0:07 $67,275 - $84,000. annually (based on experience and competencies)
Digitally enabling the good work at UHN!
UHN is a major landmark in Canada’s health care system with four hospitals, five research institutes, and our Michener Institute of Education. Our purpose is to transform lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery, and learning. With over 1,200 beds, more than one million clinic visits per year, and a budget of over $2 billion, UHN and its 16,000 employees make a difference in the lives of patients and their families every day. For more information on UHN, visit www.uhn.ca .
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION:
The Data and Implementation Science Team supports impactful delivery of solutions benefiting the health system; discovers, validates, designs and delivers opportunities of change, and brings contextual awareness through data to ensure successful implementations, value and outcomes for UHN’s patients.
An exciting opportunity is available to showcase your talents as a Senior Analyst. We are seeking a bold, creative, and innovative individual who can lead and support various types of digital projects that support clinicians, researchers, educators, patients, and corporate business areas. These initiatives include process redesign, technology strategy, data analytics, network & telephony infrastructure deployment, and system selection/design and implementation.
In your role, you will design solutions that are patient-centric and data-driven, bring value to our stakeholders, and achieve UHN’s business objectives. The responsibilities include:
- Analyze business needs, problems, opportunities, and solution scope
- Evaluate and validate solution value and benefits to the organization, supporting business case development and return on investment analysis
- Facilitate process and design workshops with multidisciplinary groups to identify, validate, and document clinical, business and technical requirements
- Conduct workflow review and process redesign, and support continuous improvement processes
- Coordinate system design, build, and testing
- Design data collection processes, collect and analyze data, lead data reporting and data visualization activities
- Apply rigorous project management techniques to assist in the management of project plans, schedules, status reports, and budgets
- Apply sound change management techniques for effective stakeholder engagement and communications, training, and implementation support
- Develop an adequate level of knowledge of the subject matter and digital systems being managed to effectively move projects forward
- Lead simple to moderately complex projects of small to medium scope
Experience, Education & Certifications
- Undergraduate Degree in Health Informatics, Computer Science, Epidemiology, Industrial Engineering, Business, or related field
- Minimum 3 years of project management, business process/analysis, and data analysis experience or equivalent
- Sound knowledge of project management (project planning, implementation, evaluation, risk assessment, benefits realization)
- Experience leading project workstreams or small projects independently, and either supervising or influencing project team members
- Experience in leading and conducting workflow analysis, value stream mapping, data mapping, and Plan-Do-Study-Act cycles
- Experience leading and performing application testing (e.g. unit, regression, acceptance testing)
- Experience in applying change management methodologies and tools
- Experience in delivering management-level presentations, training and/or end user support
- Experience with hardware and/or software vendor relations an asset
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Change Management certification an asset
- Clinical training and experience with electronic patient record systems an asset
- Familiarity with healthcare information systems, interfaces, HL7, ITIL, data centre, network & telephony infrastructure, and/or enterprise architecture an asset
- Excellent problem definition, problem resolution, business analysis, and systems analysis skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in qualitative and quantitative data analytics, data visualization, and data reporting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent prioritization, organization skills and flexibility to work in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong facilitation, interviewing, conflict resolution, and consensus-building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and client relationship skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
- Excellent team building, listening, coaching, and mentorship skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and also as a contributing team member
- Well-developed ability to evaluate situations and make judgement calls on timely issue escalation
- Proficient use of computer, software, and peripheral equipment (MS Office suite, MS Project, MS Visio, and scrum or enterprise work management tools such as Kanban, Atlassian Jira, ServiceNow)
Meetings and Travel:
Office is in the Toronto Downtown area (Yonge/Dundas). Some travel throughout the GTA is required, dependent on project assignment.
Reasons to Stay and Grow with UHN
We are committed to making UHN a preferred place to work and learn. UHN offers exceptional benefits and programs to our employees, activated upon their start date. These include medical and dental benefits, a leading pension plan (HOOPP) with retirement income for life, group life insurance, and a strong vacation package.
POSTED DATE: October 19, 2020 - December 4, 2020 (or until filled)
Staffing Advisor, Human Resources RFE 2nd Floor – Posting #865088
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Req ID: 115041 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and...
Close Project Manager, Innovation Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Manager Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Project Management Years Experience: 10-15...
Req ID: 113885 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and...
Req ID: 113884 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and...
Senior Brand Manager, Brand Development/Innovation (12month contract), Conagra Brands Canada Inc., 26 daysClose Senior Brand Manager, Brand Development/Innovation (12month contract) Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Manager Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category:...
Location: UK, US (East Coast), Canada, Poland (home-based) Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work within a dynamic, collaborative environment with a team committed to being an...
Req ID: 115041 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
Close Project Manager, Innovation Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+...
Req ID: 113885 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
Req ID: 113884 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
Senior Brand Manager, Brand Development/Innovation (12month contract), Conagra Brands Canada Inc., 26 daysClose Senior Brand Manager, Brand Development/Innovation (12month contract) Job Posting...
Location: UK, US (East Coast), Canada, Poland (home-based) Are you looking for an exciting...