Our Buildings group is renowned for creating high-performance, fiscally responsible, and award-winning projects. We’re passionate about the design quality of the built environment and create designs that are timeless, intelligent, and sustainable. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers call home. In our multidisciplinary, team-based environment, collaboration is key among a talented group of architects, engineers, project managers, interior designers, planners, and technologists, who work together to create innovative and integrated solutions for a wide range of clients. Our services include architecture, interior design, planning and mechanical/electrical/structural engineering for a wide variety of markets.
Our Toronto office is seeking a Senior Architect with both project and business development skills to join our multidisciplinary team.
As the successful candidate your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Design and Technical Excellence:
- Provides expertise in the design of buildings with an emphasis on the transit sector
- Completes projects within time-lines and budgets
- Coordinates multidisciplinary project teams
- Assists in the preparation of deliverables at all project phases
- Supports Stantec policies on project delivery, quality control, and safety
- Helps lead the continued development of the architectural in-house expertise and methodologies
- Regularly seeks continuing education opportunities to increase knowledge base
- Develops and maintains client relationships
- Facilitates and holds regular team and client meetings
- Keeps project team well informed of changes and updates
- Effectively communicates relevant project information Studio Leaders and Office Leadership Managing Leader
- Delivers engaging, formative, well-organized presentations both verbally and in writing
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information
- Mentors and inspires project team members
- Attracts and retains architectural staff needed to deliver expertise throughout all phases of project
- Manages team development by aligning project tasks e with capabilities and career interests
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
- Remains engaged and knowledgeable regarding emerging industry practices
- Complies with and helps to enforce Stantec policies and procedures
- Actively supports Stantec’s Safer Together and Safety programs and is required to complete all Health and Safety documentation
- Effectively utilizes each team members to his/her fullest potential
- Motivates team to work together efficiently
- Mitigates team conflict and communication challenges
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates team members and their contributions
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members, peers, and clients
- Plans and facilitates team activities that promote Stantec’s Safer Together Program
- Manages day-to-day client interaction, evaluates and manages client expectations
- Seeks opportunities to increase client satisfaction and develops lasting relationships with clients
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs, evaluates alternative solutions, and delivers value added services
- Builds a knowledge base of each client’s business, organization, and objectives
- Identifies business development and additional service opportunities for all Stantec disciplines as they relate to a specific project, program, or client
- Works with the other key staff to pursue transit related opportunities and develop “win” strategies prior to RFP release
- Engages in client contact, proposal preparation and preparation of and participation in client interviews
- Degree in Architecture. Registered Architect. OAA registration strongly preferred
- Minimum 15 years of experience on transit or transit related projects
- Experienced in, and comfortable with, leading all aspects of the project development cycle from briefing and preparing fee proposals to substantial performance
- Proven business development record and ability to help position for future transit projects/clients
- Ability to lead multi-disciplined teams with minimal supervision
- Capability in design, technical and construction detailing
- Strong understanding of zoning bylaws and the Ontario Building Code
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Not ready to apply or not sure if we currently have an open position that would be your perfect fit? You can still connect with us so we can keep you updated on opportunities that match your skills and experience.
Vous n’êtes pas prêt(e) à envoyer votre candidature ou ne savez pas si nous avons actuellement un poste ouvert qui serait adapté à vos compétences? Vous pouvez toujours communiquer avec nous et nous vous informerons des possibilités qui correspondent à vos compétences et à votre expérience.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
Stantec appreciates the interest from the staffing industry, however, unsolicited resumes submitted to Stantec or any Stantec employee without a current and valid staffing agency contract in place with Stantec will not be eligible for any search fees. At this time, Stantec is not welcoming any additional inquiries for agency partnerships.
Agences de recrutement et de dotation
Stantec apprécie l’intérêt porté par les agences de dotation de personnel. Toutefois, tout curriculum vitae non-sollicité envoyé à Stantec ou à un employé de Stantec qui n’est pas lié à un contrat actuel et valide avec une agence ne pourra donner droit à des frais de recherche. En ce moment, Stantec n’est pas à la recherche de nouveaux partenariats avec des agences de dotation de personnel.
Michael Kors is always interested in hearing from talented, globally-minded individuals with a passion for fashion. If you enjoy working in a creative, fast-paced environment, then we would love...
Rewards Consultant Associate-R_028995 Description Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health,...
Sales Support Rep (Bilingual) - Mark's - Mississaugua - C04QBM Interested in being a part of a team that is leading the evolution of retail in Canada? What you’ll do Reporting to the Mark's...
Director, Startup Engagement / Directeur principal, Mobilisation des entreprises en démarrage, Manulife Financial, about 1 monthDirector, Startup Engagement / Directeur principal, Mobilisation des entreprises en démarrage-1809342 Description *** English will follow *** Recherchez-vous des possibilités illimitées de...
Requisition ID: 16201 Job Category: Environmental With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are...
Description DESCRIPTION DE POSTE -- Spécialiste de la mise en œuvre -- Paie RESPONSABILITÉS * Assurer une mise en œuvre et une configuration de qualité de la solution de traitement de la paie...
Michael Kors is always interested in hearing from talented, globally-minded individuals with a...
Rewards Consultant Associate-R_028995 Description Mercer is a global consulting leader in...
Sales Support Rep (Bilingual) - Mark's - Mississaugua - C04QBM Interested in being a part of a...
Director, Startup Engagement / Directeur principal, Mobilisation des entreprises en démarrage, Manulife Financial, about 1 monthDirector, Startup Engagement / Directeur principal, Mobilisation des entreprises en...
Requisition ID: 16201 Job Category: Environmental With over six decades of business and...
Description DESCRIPTION DE POSTE -- Spécialiste de la mise en œuvre -- Paie RESPONSABILITÉS *...