Full Time | Central Toronto Davisville North, ONTARIO | 7 months | Deadline: 11 Jun 2018
This position has expired. Do not apply!
$96,316 Average salary of similar jobs | Check Salary...
Senior Application Support Specialist : 0000B18R
Global Vision. Local Focus.
Things really are different here. A career with HSBC in Canada is truly an experience that few financial service organisations can match. Here you will find yourself inspired and supported by colleagues whose daily responsibilities cross time zones, continents and cultures. You will be motivated to aim for your highest aspirations, and enjoy the rewards of belonging to a diverse and growth-driven culture.
Canada is a priority market for HSBC. We remain focused on growing customers locally with our unique products, and we offer a full suite of solutions developed from our global connectivity and network. HSBC has the institutional strength, capacity and commitment to support our Canadian client’s requirements here and around the world. Employees who thrive at HSBC are service focused, entrepreneurial and driven. They show collaborative spirit and a quest for continuous improvement, while having the industry expertise and business acumen to deliver.
About HSBC Operations, Services & Technology (HOST)
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology provides essential operational services, IT and technical support to help HSBC function effectively and improve our customer service. HOST is made up of Global Operations, IT, COO Office, Corporate Real Estate and Global Procurement.
Our global IT team develops and manages HSBC’s systems and technology infrastructure. They develop, implement and support software and IT services and processes that allow HSBC to remain at the forefront of high-quality banking systems. They work across a range of technology platforms and development disciplines, from mainframe to mobile technologies.
A Day in the Life of a Senior Application Support Specialist include the following:
The key focus of the role is providing functional support to the Balance Sheet Management (BSM) business in New York and Toronto, as well as to help mature the run-the-bank (RTB) capability of the BSM IT team globally. Additionally, the person will be required to provide technical support for end of day processes and work with the development team to help build, test and deploy changes to the system. As well as this they will work to help build a cost efficient and sustainable organisation to meet the dynamic and fast paced needs of HSBC Global Markets.
The candidate will be a member of the BSM support team working in Toronto as part of a Global team that supports BSM.
The purpose of the role will be to support the BSM business, resolving functional queries & issues related to P&L, PLVAR, Murex simulations, pricing, market data, Murex datamart and trade feeds. Taking issues and their requirements from inception through to release.
Provide technical support to help with the London end of day batch processes and support the development team with building and deploying changes.
Ensuring skill transfer and skill-deepening within the global team through proactive communication in order that all members can function well globally and answer all types of queries.
- The candidate will be responsible for maintaining and supporting the business’ functional requirements and ensuring issues are resolved as quickly as possible. Liaising with the BAs, development, and small fixes teams to ensure the business needs are met and prioritised in the correct manner and there are no gaps in expectation between the business and IT.
- They will ensure as part of the team that support calls are captured and completed in a timely manner. They will gain the trust and have a good relationship with the front office, middle office and back office across the multiple businesses and grow to be a senior Murex\functional specialist in Toronto for the BSM business.
The candidate will be able to work within the HSBC structure, including but not limited to:
- Internal technologies used for Incident\Problems\Changes
- The HSBC ticket tree for deal publishing.
- The HSBC Murex Unix environment and post processing components.
- All deal data and market data feeds both into and out of the Murex system.
- Detailed knowledge of the interaction of Murex with downstream\upstream systems and understanding trade workflow front to back.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
The technical requirements for the role involve a proven track record in production support with experience of Trade Entry & Trade Workflow, Trade Pricing, Reporting, End of day batch, and Real-time market data interfaces.
- Excellent proven knowledge of troubleshooting P&L risk, pricing and market data issues.
- Experience of gathering business requirements and seeing them through to release.
- Experience with trade workflows
- Experience in the construction and performance of dynamic databases for reporting purposes.
- Experience working with quantitative analysts.
- Understanding of upstream\downstream trade processing.
- Good experience with Unix and shell scripting.
- Navigating and understanding a Sybase database.
- VBA experience to trouble shoot spreadsheet issues
Key product knowledge:
The focus of the role is the support and maintenance of financial instruments and their reporting, covering, but not exclusive to, currency swaps and interest rate swaps, exotics, FX, Bonds, Loans\Depos and credit products.
- Experience of production support within an investment banking environment with exposure to both front and back office flows.
- Murex front office and reporting knowledge an advantage
- Java integration/programming knowledge an advantage
In 2016, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine for the fifth consecutive year.
Here are some of the reasons why:
- Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity: Opportunities to network and build global relationships
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make
Learn more about HSBC
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. HSBC Group - one of the world’s largest banking and financial services with assets of US$2,492bn at 30 June 2017. Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
: Information Technology
: North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
: Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country Vacancy
: May 28, 2018, 1:27:42 PM
: Jun 11, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Associate, Business Management, Global Investment Banking and Global Corporate Banking, CIBC, 23 daysAssociate, Business Management, Global Investment Banking and Global Corporate Banking Requisition ID : 18018903 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Capital Markets Work...
What is the opportunity? In this role, you will oversee the daily operations of Fund Administration for multiple clients within Canada. You will develop/implement appropriate organizational model,...
What is the opportunity? This is a Project Manager position at Royal Bank. Project Managers in our group lead and deliver major technology projects for the RBC Wealth Management line of business...
About Citi Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations,...
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 319 of 1000 Change & Communications Specialist– Strategic Project Delivery Company: Roche Location:...
What is the opportunity? This role will lead development within the FX trade management, risk & reporting system – a critical backbone of RBC’s FX trading, bringing exposure to numerous groups...
Associate, Business Management, Global Investment Banking and Global Corporate Banking, CIBC, 23 daysAssociate, Business Management, Global Investment Banking and Global Corporate...
What is the opportunity? In this role, you will oversee the daily operations of Fund...
What is the opportunity? This is a Project Manager position at Royal Bank. Project Managers in...
About Citi Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and...
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 319 of...
What is the opportunity? This role will lead development within the FX trade management, risk &...