Location TORONTO , Ontario, Canada
Job Opened 02/07/2018
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Number 180001LL
Job Type Full Time
Hudson’s Bay Company is one of the fastest-growing department store retailers in the world. In North America, HBC’s leading banners include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Gilt, Saks OFF 5TH, Find @ Lord & Taylor, and Home Outfitters. In Europe, HBC’s banners include GALERIA Kaufhof (the largest department store group in Germany), Galeria INNO (Belgium’s only department store group), and Sportarena. At HBC we are a company of adventurers who explore uncharted territory, challenge convention, and work with imagination and fun.
This role reports directly to Vice President, Finance Shared Services.
This position is responsible for the management and execution of payroll related wage garnishments and special deductions applications and reporting in conjunction with third party (ADP). The position’s overall responsibility is to oversee the payroll related garnishment operation and related activities for all US banners (Saks, LT, Gilt), and to provide reporting and analysis in support of the garnishment function. Role will interface with ADP (external provider supporting garnishment process) will be required as part of completion of this work.
Role responsibilities include:
1. Ensure garnishments are applied and completed in accordance with state and federal rules and regulations to ensure the deductions are applied appropriately and accounts can be closed for financial reporting
2. Work with third party (ADP) to prepare and process garnishment payments for wage attachments and child support in support of weekly and semi-monthly payroll runs
3. Assist third party in the review, processing, and response to garnishment orders
4. Provide reporting and analysis related to garnishment process to key stakeholders, including Finance and HR
5. Sort, file and maintain writs, communications and other related documents
6. Support the wage distribution process for US payroll runs
7. Monitor the regulatory environment to stay abreast of internal and regulatory compliance requirements
8. Assist third party in responding to inquiries from associates regarding garnishments
9. Resolve issues that require managerial intervention
10. Report on metrics in order to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of the process area
11. Print and Distribute payroll checks as required
12. Check handling (stop payments, reissues, direct deposit returns)
13. Liaison between HBC India on third party record storage facility on stored documents
The successful candidate must have a proven ability to build strong business relationships beyond the Finance team, as well as the ability to effectively manage the needs of multiple stakeholder groups. He/she should have the ability to turn concepts into action. He/she should embody a culture of taking smart risks and innovating to win, with a willingness to initiate change as the company grows in order to streamline processes, improve efficiency and facilitate the growth of the company. They’ll have the ability to provide strong customer service and accurate, concise and up to date information in a timely manner when needed.
• Minimum 2 years of garnishment experience for a multi-jurisdictional payroll, or 4 years of garnishment experience
• Demonstrated working knowledge of various types of garnishments
• Strong Oracle Fusion HCM / Payroll and ADP reporting experience preferred
Bachelor Degree (or higher) in Finance, Accounting or Related Field
Title: Payroll Assistant Manager Start Date: ASAP Position Type:Full Time Contract (37.5 hours/week, 3 months) Location: Toronto Report to: Payroll Manager The Payroll Assistant Manager works...
Description MORE ABOUT THIS JOB ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group is a bank holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Goldman...
City: Toronto, Ontario, Canada Employment Type: Full Time Position Description: CGI is seeking a high potential, SAP SuccessFactors Integration Architect for SAP team. The successful candidate...
Harvey's is looking for experienced Garnishers and Kitchen help for our Toronto location At Harvey's, we deliver delicious “home-made” food, made fresh, in-house just for you. Our atmosphere is...
LOGISTICS ANALYST Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods? Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great...
JOB POSTING #828816 Position: Kinesiologist Department: Altum Health Site: Mississauga Reports to: Site Manager Status: Temporary Full-time - 1 year Altum Health is a department within the...
Title: Payroll Assistant Manager Start Date: ASAP Position Type:Full Time Contract (37.5...
Description MORE ABOUT THIS JOB ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group is a bank holding...
City: Toronto, Ontario, Canada Employment Type: Full Time Position Description: CGI is seeking a...
Harvey's is looking for experienced Garnishers and Kitchen help for our Toronto location At...
LOGISTICS ANALYST Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods? Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading...
JOB POSTING #828816 Position: Kinesiologist Department: Altum Health Site: Mississauga Reports...