LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 19185
Reporting to the manager of physical security, you will ensure Suncor’s people, assets, operations, information and reputation are protected from internal and external threats by performing risk based assessments of facilities and operations to maintain the organization’s physical security infrastructure and electronic security systems.
- Formulate risk-based facility security plans
- Design, install, configure, test and sustain security technologies across all areas of the business
- Project management of installations and process improvement activities for system upgrades and development
- Plan, perform and document site security vulnerability assessments and diagnose/ resolve system failures
- Prepare, review and sustain technical drawings, plans, standards and specifications
- Provide security advice to clients and maintaining relationships with stakeholders, and collaborating at all levels of management
- Participate in Emergency Response team, potentially requiring travel on short notice or extended periods in response to an event
- Lead projects across sites, coordinating with electrical, mechanical, information technology disciplines and other trades for the successful implementation of security systems,
Experience and Education
- Ten years’ experience in the design, implementation and operation of integrated security systems.
- Understanding of large, complex organizations
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree would be an asset
- Security industry certification with American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS) International or Alberta Society of Engineering Technologists (ASET) and/or equivalent certification in engineering, project management or construction management
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Possess a valid driver’s license
Skills and Knowledge
- Validated ability in facility security design or integrated security solution applications
- Highly proficient in the use of security technologies and MS Word with proficiency in AutoCAD or similar application is desirable
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills and the ability to process large amounts of data
- Excellent engagement skills to work with diverse business units, utilizing superior communication and facilitation skills
- You have an accomplished competency to lead challenging priorities, demonstrating superior organization and project management skills in a fast paced environment
- Highly motivated, well organized team player exhibiting strong attention to detail and confidentiality
- Considerable experience with enterprise security systems as well as knowledge of local building codes as related to security systems design
- This position will be based in Calgary at the Suncor Energy Centre
- Travel required, potentially on short notice to any Suncor location and available outside of regular hours to respond to emergency or security incidents
- This position has been identified as security sensitive. Successful candidates must clear a criminal history check
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Our mission to create energy for a better world begins with caring about the communities we live and work in, while responding to your interests and concerns. Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see how we're living up to our commitment to keeping you informed.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Suncor is committed to accessibility and accommodations will be provided to applicants upon request. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Professionals
Are you interested in a position with one of Canada’s largest energy companies? Do you enjoy performing business analytical and accounting functions? Located in downtown Calgary, our client is...
Kelly Services is pleased to be recruiting for a Fixed Asset Accounting Analyst for a 6 month opportunity with our Calgary client in the energy sector. 6 month term * downtown Calgary work...
JOB DESCRIPTION Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates...
Senior Associate, TRM, Endur Developer ( Job Number: 228654) Description TITLE: Senior Associate, TRM, Endur Developer COMPANY: At Sapient Global Markets, we are quite literally on the front...
Must have active Reliability Security Clearance. Resumes submitted without Reliability Security Clearance certificate number will be rejected. Our customer, an Energy Regulator is looking for a...
Are you analytical, detailed, and driven, but also team-oriented, friendly, outgoing, and confident? Would you like to work for one of the largest energy companies in Canada? Our client is seeking...
Are you interested in a position with one of Canada’s largest energy companies? Do you enjoy...
Kelly Services is pleased to be recruiting for a Fixed Asset Accounting Analyst for a 6 month...
JOB DESCRIPTION Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies...
Senior Associate, TRM, Endur Developer ( Job Number: 228654) Description TITLE: Senior...
Must have active Reliability Security Clearance. Resumes submitted without Reliability Security...
Are you analytical, detailed, and driven, but also team-oriented, friendly, outgoing, and...