Req Id 73722 - Posted 04/10/2018 - Protective Services - Physical Security - Canada - British Columbia - Victoria
Aviation Security at Victoria International Airport
Let your security career take flight at GardaWorld Protective Services
New security regulations involving passengers travelling to the United States means that travellers may notice enhances security procedures at check-in and screening checkpoints
GardaWorld has immediate openings for part-time positions at the Victoria International Airport (YYJ) supporting our client airlines
Applicants must be eligible to meet the requirements for Transport Security Clearance (RAIC)
$500 Hiring bonus is available to applicants who are already a RAIC holder
The positions we are hiring are
* Behaviour detection officer
* On-board cabin observer
* Ramp security guard
* Baggage room security guard
What are the job benefits we offer you?
* Wages ranging from $18 per hour
* Paid on the job training
* Career path planning
* Promotion opportunities
* Free uniform
* Medical benefits after 90 days
* Ongoing training available
On a typical day, you will:
* Demonstrate consistent application of strong leadership through the fostering and development of teams contributing to a structured, well managed and effective operation
* Conduct fact finding interviews of select US bound passengers in compliance with federal legislation in compliance with service level requirements and GardaWorld procedures, policies and programs
* Serve as an ambassador for a progressive work environment and a positive travel experience for passengers
You are the ideal candidate for this position because you possess:
* A valid BC Security License (or willingness to obtain)
* Must be a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident
* No previous criminal background for which a pardon has not been granted
* Ability to obtain a security clearance and successfully complete a background check
* Effective communicator with the ability to listen attentively and maintain respectful and cooperative relationships with passengers, employees and co-workers
* Proficiency in both official languages is an asset
* Strong interpersonal skills and excellent customer service
Interested? Join our workforce!
To apply for this position or view other job opportunities please visit the “careers” page of our website at www.gardaglobal.com/careers
GARDAWORLD is the largest privately-owned security services company in the world. We are doing more, for more clients, in more places across the globe. We provide security services for Canada’s largest retail, industrial and commercial companies. We work in partnership with our clients to ensure the safety and security of their employees and the public.
We are an equal opportunity employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, handicap disability or any other protected status.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however we will communicate only with the selected candidate
<< Back to Job Openings Welding Quality Control Coordinator Company: Victoria Shipyards Company - Location: Victoria Shipyards - Victoria,BC Description The primary responsibility of the Welding...
<< Back to Job Openings Security Assistant Company: Victoria Shipyards Company - Location: Victoria Shipyards - Victoria,BC Description The Security Assistant is primarily responsible for...
DISTRICT OF SAANICH PARKS AND RECREATION Gordon Head Recreation Centre Regular Full Time Position Gordon Head Recreation Centre is seeking an individual to assist in aquatic program delivery and...
Engineering and Public Works Department (Temporary – up to 6 months) Victoria is a leading edge capital city that embraces the future and builds on the past, where human well-being and the...
Buyer Victoria, BC or Ottawa, ON Experience Exciting Projects with a Career at Babcock Babcock Canada provides critical and complex support to strategically important assets, infrastructure and...
Experience Exciting Projects with a Career at Babcock Babcock Canada provides critical and complex support to strategically important assets, infrastructure and training programs primarily in the...
<< Back to Job Openings Welding Quality Control Coordinator Company: Victoria Shipyards Company...
<< Back to Job Openings Security Assistant Company: Victoria Shipyards Company -...
DISTRICT OF SAANICH PARKS AND RECREATION Gordon Head Recreation Centre Regular Full Time...
Engineering and Public Works Department (Temporary – up to 6 months) Victoria is a leading edge...
Buyer Victoria, BC or Ottawa, ON Experience Exciting Projects with a Career at Babcock Babcock...
Experience Exciting Projects with a Career at Babcock Babcock Canada provides critical and...