Full Time | Ontario Centre Queensville, ONTARIO | 5 months | Deadline: 17 Jan 2018
This position has expired. Do not apply!
$34,333 Average salary of similar jobs | Check Salary...
This position will be located at: Hamilton General Hospital
: Regular Full-time
Hours per week: 37.5
Number of Openings
Union Code: OPSEU Local 209
: 20.2770 Hourly
: Jan 11, 2018, 12:00:00 AM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External
: Jan 17, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Unit Summary The Department of Protection Services is responsible for the overall co-ordination of security services including investigation of issues, technical advise to optimize personal security of visitors and staff and liaison with external authorities as appropriate.
The Security Officer is responsible for the delivery of quality protection programs and security services to patients, visitors and staff at Hamilton Health Sciences and Faculty of Health Sciences. The Officer will work with all areas of Hamilton Health Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University, Juravinski Cancer Centre and Hamilton Police Services to continuously improve our service levels and meet the expectations of our community and staff.
Schedule Work Hours
Main schedule weekdays 8-16
This position also includes Days, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays.
This position will be 8, 9, or potentially 12 hour shifts.
1. Successful completion of a recognized program in Law and Security or Police Foundations and/or 3 years experience in hospital security
2. Certificate in Non Violent Crisis Intervention, current CPR, and Standard First Aid
3. Valid Security Guard License
4. Experience working within a Union/Non-Union environment
5. Demonstrated ability to respond to emergency code situations
6. Demonstrated ability to provide support and direction to all security related issues
7. Demonstrates commitment to professional and personal development
8. Knowledge of applicable federal, provincial and municipal statutes and standards
9. Knowledge of proper investigation procedures and ensure that all incidents are properly handled and documented
10. Working knowledge of commercial surveillance and access control technologies
11. Good comprehension and use of English language in oral and written form
12. Knowledge of computers including Windows, Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook (email)
13. Ability to run up and/or down stairs, restrain and carry out functions under stressful conditions as required
14. Demonstrated excellent organization and communication skills
15. Demonstrated excellent investigative and report writing skills
16. Willing to provide at Police background check
17. Valid drivers license
18. Must be able to successfully complete HHS Internal use of force training
Hamilton Health fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact the Human Resources Operations at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement
Assistant Store Manager - PartSource - Hamilton - C04P7W PartSource is a chain of automotive parts specialty stores that offer brand-name auto parts to the medium to heavy ‘do-it-yourselfers,’...
IT Operations Engineer II - (CNX00054808) Description The Deskside Support Engineer II provides end user support across the organization’s desktop, network, telephony and application(s)...
Sprinkler Designer II - WD30048904163 The basic function of this position is design and layout fire sprinkler systems. Duties include: -Follow job site safety and protocol -Read and interpret...
Manufacturing Financial Analyst( Job Number: 1805882) Description With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident...
Director, Production - Hiram Walker and Sons Ltd - Windsor, ON - PRO01185 Organization - Corby Spirit and Wine / Hiram Walker & Sons Primary Location - CA-Ontario Job - Production &...
With more than 45,000 professionals globally, clients count on us to help them proceed in business and in life with confidence. Our commitment to place integrity first, aspire to higher standards,...
Assistant Store Manager - PartSource - Hamilton - C04P7W PartSource is a chain of automotive...
IT Operations Engineer II - (CNX00054808) Description The Deskside Support Engineer II provides...
Sprinkler Designer II - WD30048904163 The basic function of this position is design and layout...
Manufacturing Financial Analyst( Job Number: 1805882) Description With our portfolio of global...
Director, Production - Hiram Walker and Sons Ltd - Windsor, ON - PRO01185 Organization - Corby...
With more than 45,000 professionals globally, clients count on us to help them proceed in...