MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
The Japan Franchise Sales desk is looking for new member. The Franchise Sales desk handles various Japan related products within GS. Core products include listed cash equities leveraging global GS research products, derivatives and prime brokerage. Successful sales person needs to understand their clients' needs and investment style, and understands GS research product as well as be able to generate their own investment ideas. This is an opportunity to work with a team of experienced sales people and gain valuable market and eventually, client exposure.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Support senior research sales staff with daily client inquiries
- Liaise with research analysts, traders and other internal constituents
- Synthesize and distribute daily research notes that pertain to client portfolios
- Participate in the development of investment ideas
- Develop relationships with accounts
- Help manage the Investor Marketing Group process (corporate roadshows and conference one on ones)
- Assist in IPO, follow-ons, and block trades
- Coordinate client requests for research, projects, etc.
- Flag upcoming events, analyst marketing and conferences
- Distribute sales memos, morning previews, relevant research that goes out to desk
- Sales experience preferred, ideally gained in either Global Markets or Investment Banking
- Demonstrable analytical skills, basic Power Point Skills
- Outgoing personality with strong client focus
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude with a willingness to learn
- Languages: fluency in English preferred. Japanese Language skill not a requirement
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Job ID: 2018-42467
Schedule Type: Full Time
Function(s): Business Development, General, Investment Banking, Sales
Business Unit: Management and Strategy
Employment Type: Employee
- Full Time position
- Compensation will be Market Rate
Hiring more Math and Science teachers Grade 10-12, due to increase in enrollment. If you are specialized in either Math OR Sciences, please apply. options to staff for either or a combinanation of...
Job Overview D-Wave is seeking an Applied Algorithm Researcher to join the Technology and Applications group. The job will involve implementing and evaluating high-performance hybrid algorithms...
Job Overview D-Wave is looking for exceptionally motivated people who love to see the impact of their work on a daily basis, who are driven to ensure the success of the company, and who want to be...
Job Posting Job ID: 31796 Vancouver - Point Grey Campus Location: Employment Group: Faculty (Fac Assn) Job Category: Regular Classification Title: Asst Professor (tenure-track) Business...
Job Overview Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal...
Job Posting Job ID: 31568 Vancouver - Point Grey Campus Location: Employment Group: Management&Professional (AAPS) Job Category: Research & Facilitation Classification...
Hiring more Math and Science teachers Grade 10-12, due to increase in enrollment. If you are...
Job Overview D-Wave is seeking an Applied Algorithm Researcher to join the Technology and...
Job Overview D-Wave is looking for exceptionally motivated people who love to see the impact of...
Job Posting Job ID: 31796 Vancouver - Point Grey Campus Location: Employment Group: Faculty (Fac...
Job Overview Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software...
Job Posting Job ID: 31568 Vancouver - Point Grey Campus Location: Employment...