STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
Job Description Summary
The Scientific Marketing Specialist (SMS), Pulmonary contributes to STEMCELL’s revenue growth by supporting relevant product lines with creative and effective marketing strategies and campaigns, in consultation with the Strategic Marketing Team and the Marketing Communications Teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate, contribute, translate and execute strategic marketing campaigns to support the delivery of STEMCELL’s market segment strategy, sales and marketing goals related to the assigned product line(s).
- Create, enhance and deliver marketing collateral, including website content, brochures, videos, web and print advertisements, sales tools, tradeshow booth graphics, and other promotional materials.
- Generate high quality marketing collateral to support lead-generation and nurturing, including helping to develop key messages, generating draft copy, submitting creative briefs, collaborating with the Creative Team to develop creative drafts, and distributing approved collateral internally and externally through appropriate channels.
- Manage the review and approval process for copy and creative drafts, incorporating feedback from stakeholders.
- May review marketing collateral generated by others, providing feedback as required.
- Monitor execution of campaign plans, identify and report bottlenecks, delays with timeline(s) and update status of assigned tasks in project management system.
- May perform standard analyses of marketing campaigns and competitor activity.
- Track, review and report on campaign effectiveness through appropriate metrics analysis.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Communications Teams to propose and leverage social media, on-line and other innovative marketing tools.
- Work collaboratively with the Global Marketing Team to execute regional marketing strategies: identify region-specific advertising, marketing opportunities and conferences to align with target markets and product positioning.
- Draft and propose project plans; review progress and results of marketing tactics with the supervisor and/or the Marketing Communications Teams and campaign project teams; present and modify tactics with input from cross-functional teams as needed.
- Ensure product-specific branding is maintained; may contribute towards company-wide product and corporate branding strategy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MSc in Pulmonary, Epithelial Cell Biology, Stem Cell Biology, or other related field, or BSc in Cell Biology plus 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- Ideally, experience in a marketing or communications role, with a demonstrated ability to translate marketing strategy and tactical plans into effective marketing collateral; demonstrated aptitude for marketing is must.
- Technical writing skills appropriate for scientific and marketing materials.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) both in one-on-one and in group settings.
- Detail-oriented with proven ability to meticulously copy-edit materials is essential.
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) is preferred.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, including flexibility to respond to changing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure both independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Team orientated –‘one-team’ behavior is a must.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Field & Infusion Nurse (RN) - 00001RT2 Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At Innomar Strategies , a company of AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that...
Field & Infusion Nurse (RN) - 00001RT3 Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At Innomar Strategies , a company of AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that...
Executive Receptionist (Executive Floor) - ROL03720-18 Description Join our team Executive Reception for the executive floor at TELUS Garden, our corporate headquarters located in downtown...
Telecommunications Technician - Rural (British Columbia) - ROL03702-18 Description Join our team Our Broadband Networks team is laying the foundation for the future, connecting homes and...
PURPOSE AND ACCOUNTABILITY A division of iA Financial Group, SAL Dealer Services distributes creditor insurance and after-market property & casualty (P&C) products to motor vehicle dealer clients....
Complex Solutions Consultant - Customer Relationship & Solutions Management, TELUS Communications, 22 daysComplex Solutions Consultant - Customer Relationship & Solutions Management - SAL03805-18 Description Join our team Do you want to make a difference with our customers and TELUS as pre-sales...
Field & Infusion Nurse (RN) - 00001RT2 Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s...
Field & Infusion Nurse (RN) - 00001RT3 Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s...
Executive Receptionist (Executive Floor) - ROL03720-18 Description Join our team Executive...
Telecommunications Technician - Rural (British Columbia) - ROL03702-18 Description Join our...
PURPOSE AND ACCOUNTABILITY A division of iA Financial Group, SAL Dealer Services distributes...
Complex Solutions Consultant - Customer Relationship & Solutions Management, TELUS Communications, 22 daysComplex Solutions Consultant - Customer Relationship & Solutions...