SAP Cloud Basis Analyst - Calgary
# of Positions Available
February 5, 2019
Banking / Real Estate / Mortgage / Professionals, IT / Software Development
Calgary - CALGARY, AB CA (Primary)
SAP Cloud Basis Analyst
We can transform banking, reimagine it, make banking work for people. We’re on a journey to make meaningful impacts on an industry that has the power to transform a person’s life. When we talk about transformation at ATB Financial, we’re not just talking about pie in the sky ideas, we’re listening and collaborating to bring those ideas to life. To put it simply, we’re on a mission to reinvent how banking can support people's lives. We’re going to provide meaningful solutions to problems, deepen our connection with customers and while we’re at it, transform ourselves from the inside out.
We need collaborative visionaries and executors who are eager to listen to our customers in order to do things other banks wouldn’t do. We’re building a team of relentless, passionate and inquisitive ATB transformers to build our bench strength in disrupting ourselves before we get disrupted.
Want to be a part of our story? If you’re looking for an organization where you can use your talents to do remarkable things, you may be the alpha to our beta and we encourage you to read on.
We’re invested in transparency being a key part of our recruitment process, so we encourage you to check out and join our Team Transformation Talent Community on LinkedIn to gain real insight on our culture and what it's really like to be an ATB Transformer. You can check it out and join us at https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13551363 .
Also, to learn more our work and the transformative projects we have on the go connect with us at https://atbalphabeta.com/ .
The SAP Cloud Basis Administrator will utilize their strong information technology, SAP Basis Administration, DB (DB2,HANA) and OS(AIX,Linux) Administration skills as part of IT operations team within Technology Enablement. This position is responsible for supporting the SAP technical environment, responsible for the setup, configuration and monitoring of ATB’s SAP Environment both on premise and in Cloud.
- Providing second tier system administration and infrastructure related support and management for the SAP Application Services (i.e., Portal, BI,PI/PO, Fiori);
- Experience on both ABAP and J2EE stack in SAP systems
- Experience performing one SAP implementation and one SAP support project , (migrations to cloud)
- Experience with the daily administration, monitoring, troubleshooting and tuning of a complex SAP environment
- Responding to and resolving infrastructure-related incidents and problems;
- Monitors and evaluates overall system performance and day-to-day system activity on servers.
- Analyzes production and test system problems, determines causes and takes timely corrective action.
- Works with the OS (Linux, Unix) Administrator on capacity planning and performance tuning.
- Assist the Database Administrator in design and support of the production and test databases.
- Ensure changes are performed within change control process for the application and architecture.
- Recommends and implements policies and standards and ensures adherence to security procedures.
- Creates and maintains accurate documentation.
- Provides support to the SAP application team during development and implementation
- Support for Disaster Recovery as required.
- Provides on-call support.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 3-5 years experience in Information Technology
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3-5 years of SAP Basis Administration experience
- SAP Basis Administrator Certification or Professional Designation
- Knowledge of AIX, SUSE Linux
- Experience in DB2 Database administration.
- Experience in HANA Database administration.
- In-depth understanding of TCP/IP communications
- Cloud knowledge experience (eg GCP Essentials )
- Knowledge of good system management principles
- General knowledge of other operating systems such as Windows, Vmware, Linux
- Administration experience relating to mission critical network services (Authentication/Active Directory Services, E-Mail Services, File Services, Print Services, Terminal Services, Telecommunication Services, Storage Area Network Services, Back-Up Services, VM Services, WAN/LAN Services)
- Ability to provide a high level of Customer Service.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS:
- You focus on impact over hard work: what isn't of a concern is the hours you work, but your results and impact on team members and customers
- You like to solve difficult problems, together: no one said transforming banking was going to be easy, but we’re collectively reimagining it and there are no solo heroes welcome
- You operate with a mentality of Build-Measure-Learn: our agile mindset is not just for our technical teams, it's a mindset that every one of us is asked to operate from. We move fast, we make mistakes but we measure the impact, learn, grow and change as a result
- You focus on 10X and leave the incremental thinking at home: if something doesn't have significant impact, you are the person to challenge whether or not it's worth doing
- You do it with passion or not at all: you’re inspired by our purpose and you see the link between yourself and the work you are doing to transform banking
- You’re comfortable with being uncomfortable: we won’t always have the answers and change is a constant in our world. As a Transformer you trust in our vision and own an attitude of willingness and patience
- You keep the customer at the heart of everything you do: Empathy is a core driver in which you navigate the world. You don’t build products, processes and solutions for the sake of checking something off your checklist, you build with the end user in mind, openly engaging new ideas, listening with intent and making decisions with the desire to balance both compassion with logical reasoning.
As a team member with the Transformation team at ATB, you can expect:
- No day will ever be the same - we’re learning, iterating and making big steps towards our vision of transforming an entire industry, everyday
- The ability to grow a career within an inspiring, impact focused culture where you are surrounded by changemakers and leaders that empower you to use your voice to make banking work for people
- To be a part of the energy of an organization that is unlike any other, where you may pinch yourself on the daily and wonder how you got so lucky
- Bragging rights! You get to call yourself a Transformer and an ATBer and know you play a direct role in helping us become a cutting edge financial institution (it’s going to feel more like a technology company, but either way it’s hella cool.)
And being part of ATB Financial you get:
- An excellent benefits and pension package, opportunities for career advancement, and a financial institution that’s leading the way in change – now you’re talking about a career with a company that allows you to grow.
- Amazing benefits for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments needs.
- Be a part of an award-winning employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working for Albertans.
If you want to know more, read our employer reviews visit our Glassdoor page.
Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview .
Please click the following link for information on communities where ATB thrives .
SAP Procurement Contract Administration Core Responsibilities: Lead the contract formation and/or contract administration process for various direct and indirect material purchases; Develop, issue...
Business Analyst II - Wellness & Health Services - PLA04064-19 Description Be a part of a transformational organizational well-being journey Join our team The Wellness & Health Services team is...
Marketing Manager - Small Business Wireline (Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton), TELUS Communications, about 1 monthMarketing Manager - Small Business Wireline (Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton) - MAR05011-19 Description Be a part of a transformational journey with innovative talent and leading edge...
Contract Opportunity Competitive Pay+ 4% Vacation Notable Oil and Gas Company Core Responsibilities: Process internal project client requests for the supply of goods as required Manage competitive...
Contract Opportunity Competitive Pay+ 4% Vacation Notable Oil and Gas Company We are seeking a contract position Progress and Earned Value Specialist to support our Project. Reporting to the...
Senior Program Manager – Incident Management Service Operations - PRO03008-19 Description Be a part of a transformational journey with innovative talent and leading edge technologies. Join our...
SAP Procurement Contract Administration Core Responsibilities: Lead the contract formation...
Business Analyst II - Wellness & Health Services - PLA04064-19 Description Be a part of a...
Marketing Manager - Small Business Wireline (Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton), TELUS Communications, about 1 monthMarketing Manager - Small Business Wireline (Vancouver, Calgary,...
Contract Opportunity Competitive Pay+ 4% Vacation Notable Oil and Gas Company Core...
Contract Opportunity Competitive Pay+ 4% Vacation Notable Oil and Gas Company We are seeking a...
Senior Program Manager – Incident Management Service Operations - PRO03008-19 Description Be a...