Sales Representative (Saskatoon)
Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years)
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Industry: Packaged Goods
Job Category: Sales
Years Experience: 1-2 Years
Job Type: Full-time
Posting Date: August 31, 2020
Share this job:
The role ofSales Representative is responsible for managing, selling to, and planning for, a variety of multi-channel customers. This position’s objective is to secure distribution and expand sales of our wine portfolio from both a volume and market share perspective while positioning Arterra Wines Canada as the core supplier in this area.
Your key responsibilities and duties are as follows:
- Utilize the Arterra Wines Canada selling methodology to grow volume, sales revenue, market share and premiumize the available product mix to generate strong EBIT and ROI.
- Ensure the annual sales volume, revenue, and margin contribution of accounts meet planned levels in order to meet and exceed the territory and provincial business plan.
- Develop annual account plans, progress reports and track industry/competitive information.
- Maintain an appropriate call pattern and schedule for a predefined group of accounts determined by the ranking of volume and opportunity.
- Develop and deliver persuasive sales presentations to increase account share at existing wine accounts and secure distribution at new and developmental accounts.
- Utilize Salesforce.com for business and weekly call planning, establishing call frequency, as well as real time tracking of monthly targets of initiatives.
- Manage and control a promotional budget at both account and territory level.
- Secure and cultivate a strong position as a core partner and trusted resource within the trading area.
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with all key decision makers and their partners.
- Create, maintain and consult on wine lists for restaurants, hotels, and pubs.
- Collaborate with internal departments such as Trade Marketing, Business Insights, Human Resources, ect. to ensure cooperative and positive business development and growth.
- Identify, create and manage need satisfying, value added initiatives and programs with accounts, including but not limited to tastings, incentives, display programs, education programs, and events.
- Complete other special projects as required, including but not limited to trade events, trade shows, consumer tastings, seminars, maintenance of storage unit, staff training and store set ups.
- A University Degree or Comparable (Primary Focus on Business, Sales and/or Marketing)
- A track record of success in a similar role with a minimum of 1-3 years of experience.
- WSET or ISG Certification an asset.
- Strong wine product knowledge and understanding of beverage alcohol industry.
- Account / Territory Management experience
- Proven Experience or Certification in Sales and Negotiation
- Strong analytical skills and polished presentation abilities.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proven problem solving and negotiation skills with a demonstrated ability to deal effectively with customers and peers.
- Results oriented, self-motivated, driven and disciplined.
- Computer literacy, including the ability to create and modify PowerPoint presentations, Word and Excel documents as well as effectively utilize web-based tools and resources.
- Proof of valid Driver’s License will be required.
- Genuine interest and passion for the beverage alcohol industry
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently and as required
- Must reside within, or in close proximity to the general area of the sales territory.
- Must be able to lift wine cases weighing up to 45 pounds.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Benefits and Pension Plan
- Product Allowances & Safe Ride Home Program
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training & Development Programs
- An opportunity to learn about the world of wine
Number of Openings:
We are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are also committed to preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with disabilities, and we invite you to inform us should you have any accessibility or accommodation needs.
Learn More about Arterra Wines Canada
See all Arterra Wines Canada job postings
Setup a Career Alert for similar jobs
Send to a friend
Share this job:
Six core values guide us in everything that we do. Do what’s right Deliver winning results Build collaborative teams Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way Learn and grow, inwardly and...
Brandt Tractor Ltd is currently seeking a Foreman reporting to our Saskatoon SK, location. The successful applicant for this position is responsible for assisting with coordinating and directing...
Six core values guide us in everything that we do. Do what’s right Deliver winning results Build...
Brandt Tractor Ltd is currently seeking a Foreman reporting to our Saskatoon SK, location. The...