Retail Supervisor - Nk'Mip Cellars (Contract)
Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years)
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Industry: Packaged Goods
Job Category: Customer Service,Retail
Years Experience: 1-2 Years
Job Type: Contract
Posting Date: July 23, 2020
Share this job:
Nk’Mip Cellars is a successful joint venture partnering the Osoyoos Indian Band with Arterra Wines Canada. As North America’s first Aboriginal owned and operated winery and winner of Intervin’s 2016 Canadian Winery of the Year, we feature premium, award winning BC VQA wines in the beautiful South Okanagan every day. Join us in a one-of-a-kind opportunity to share in telling the story of this unique winery by creating and delivering amazing guest experiences.
As the Retail Supervisor, you will be working with the Retail Manager to build and lead a team in delivering experiences that build brand loyalty while driving sustainable profitability in our Tasting Room and Wine Shop. Reporting directly to the Retail Manager, you will work in partnership in ensuring programs and initiatives are aligned and executed according to winery estate strategy.
EXECUTE TASTING ROOM EXPERIENCES
- Make suggestions in the development and execution of hospitality programming including tastings, tours and exciting new guest experiences
- Execute retail store and tasting bar promotions and strategies to drive sales and achieve targets
- Identify and recommend margin enhancing retail sales opportunities
- Execute strategies that will continue to target our key demographics and develop year-round business, including leveraging partnerships with accommodators, tour operators and other local business
- Work with Retail and Food & Beverage teams to execute on-site events
- Develop a fun, motivated and positive work environment
- Maintain and enhance a strong “wine culture” and quality image
- Execute training plans alongside Retail Manager for all seasonal Tasting Room staff for sales, experiences and tours
- Work alongside tasting room staff and provide leadership to the team
- Assist Retail Manager in ongoing development of staff; maintaining a focus on executing exceptional guest experiences and achieving financial targets
- Assist Retail Manager in sales/inventory accounting on daily, weekly, monthly basis
- Assist Retail Manager with management of expenses to budget
- Must possess a passion for people, wine and the wine industry
- 1-3 Years previous guest service experience
- Preference for winery experience
- Related training and/or College/University education an asset
- WSET Certification an asset
- Ability to support and encourage co-workers through training
- Demonstrated ability to work in high pressure situations
- Good understanding of business and accounting practices/inventory/cost controls
- Computer knowledge of WORD, Excel and Outlook Calendar Management an asset
- Ability to learn, use and teach Point of Sale programs effectively
- Excellent organizational, time management, interpersonal & communications skills
Number of Openings:
We are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are also committed to preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with disabilities, and we invite you to inform us should you have any accessibility or accommodation needs.
Learn More about Arterra Wines Canada
See all Arterra Wines Canada job postings
Setup a Career Alert for similar jobs
Send to a friend
Share this job:
District of Mackenzie Economic Development Coordinator Application Deadline: 4:00 pm Monday, August 10, 2020 The District of Mackenzie is seeking to fill the position of Economic Development...
This job might be for you if you are customer driven; you go out of your way to make your customers smile. o You like fashion…no actually, you love fashion. Your friends are always complementing...
Penningtons is a super team to become a part of, especially if you are interested in pursuing a stimulating career. If you are a passionate retailer with excellent communications skills, while...
Beef Processing Plant Cargill is hiring for full time Meat Cutters-Retail/Wholesale to work in our beef processing facility located 30 minutes south of Calgary in High River Alberta. We are...
District of Mackenzie Finance Manager Application Deadline: 4:00 pm Monday, August 17, 2020 The District of Mackenzie is seeking to fill the position of Finance Manager. Reporting to the Chief...
(Temporary – 18-24 Months, with possible extension) Department: Corporate Services Closing Date: August 3, 2020 Position: The District of Tofino is seeking a qualified individual to fill a...
District of Mackenzie Economic Development Coordinator Application Deadline: 4:00 pm Monday,...
This job might be for you if you are customer driven; you go out of your way to make your...
Penningtons is a super team to become a part of, especially if you are interested in pursuing a...
Beef Processing Plant Cargill is hiring for full time Meat Cutters-Retail/Wholesale to work in...
District of Mackenzie Finance Manager Application Deadline: 4:00 pm Monday, August 17, 2020 The...
(Temporary – 18-24 Months, with possible extension) Department: Corporate Services Closing...