Retail Sales Representative - Vancouver/BC Interior
Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years)
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Industry: Packaged Goods
Job Category: Sales
Job Type: Full-time
Posting Date: January 13, 2021
Share this job:
If sales is a calling not a job, if you’re an entrepreneur at heart, if you have a passion for customer relations, then we would like to hire you to fulfill the exciting role of Retail Sales Representative in the Vancouver/BC Interior Market.
As our new Retail Sales Representative you are a strategic thinker who will be responsible for managing all aspects of sales in a professional and efficient manner. Through exceptional negotiation and diligence you will assure distribution of all listed Lassonde products, as well as identify new business opportunities and increase sales in the respective territory.
To be successful you are a quick thinking, goal oriented individual who has the drive to achieve results in a rapidly changing fast paced environment. You are a key player in executing our sales plans through selling, merchandising, shelving and managing distribution in your territory. By optimizing the in-store environment you will influence consumer purchasing behaviors generating sales.
- Service and manage various stores in Vancouver area and BC Interior including (but not limited to) Kelowna, Penticton, Vernon, Kamloops areas including grocery stores, gas & convenience and drug stores;
- Identify opportunities to improve and increase sales, and achieve sales objectives;
- Maintain accurate account records and submit required territory audits/reports;
- Through effective communication, develop and maintain excellent relationships with our customers gaining trust and support;
- Report and manage sales execution on an electronic tablet;
- Plan store visits in an economic and efficient way including adherence to set travel budgets;
- Develop action plans for promotions and new product launches;
- Install POS materials and help stores build displays when needed;
- Ensure that quality of products meet company standards and that products are priced correctly and properly rotated;
- Provide feedback on performance of shelving/merchandising programs;
- Maintain a high level of competitor and marketplace knowledge including products, pricing, discounts, promotions and sales levels.
Education and experience:
- Must thrive as part of a dynamic, transparent team that is continuously looking for ways to grow the business and improve on processes;
- Minimum 3-5 years of retail sales experience (preferably in the food and beverage industry);
- Post-Secondary education in business or marketing preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills;
- Self-motivated, passionate and innovative thinker possessing strong leadership, communication and negotiation skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, prioritize, multitask, detail oriented and highly organized;
- Possess a valid driver’s licence;
- Ability for overnight travel often for coverage of large territory, out of town for meetings/training;
- Excellent knowledge of MSWord office suite;
- Bilingual (French and English) is an asset;
- Must be able to lift 25–30 pounds and occasionally up to 60 pounds.
Learn More about A. Lassonde inc.
See all A. Lassonde inc. job postings
Setup a Career Alert for similar jobs
Send to a friend
Share this job:
Requisition ID: 24917 Company Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh, Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of...
Requisition ID: 23955 Company Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh, Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of...
Req ID: 109957 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and...
Flow Monitoring Technologist I Position Status: Full-Time Regular Department: Liquid Waste Services Employee Group: GVRDEU Location: Lake City Operations Centre, Burnaby Salary Range/ Wage Rate:...
D365 Business Central - Project Manager - $145k - Vancouver, BC Waste Management company looking for a D365 BC Project Manager. This company is looking for a candidate experienced with Dynamics...
Requisition ID: 23914 Company The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of...
Requisition ID: 24917 Company Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the...
Requisition ID: 23955 Company Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the...
Req ID: 109957 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
Flow Monitoring Technologist I Position Status: Full-Time Regular Department: Liquid Waste...
D365 Business Central - Project Manager - $145k - Vancouver, BC Waste Management company looking...
Requisition ID: 23914 Company The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in...