Retail Sales Representative - Saskatchewan
Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years)
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Industry: Packaged Goods
Job Category: Sales
Years Experience: 2-4 Years
Job Type: Full-time
Posting Date: January 13, 2021
Share this job:
As our new Retail Sales Representative you are a strategic thinker who will be responsible for managing all aspects of sales in a professional and efficient manner. Through exceptional negotiation and diligence you will assure distribution of all listed Lassonde products, as well as identify new business opportunities and increase sales in the respective territory.
To be successful you are a quick thinking, goal oriented individual who has the drive to achieve results in a rapidly changing fast paced environment. You are a key player in executing our sales plans through selling, merchandising, shelving and managing distribution in your territory. By optimizing the in-store environment you will influence consumer purchasing behaviors generating sales.
- Service and manage various stores in Saskatchewan (province wide) area including grocery stores, small-format stores which include gas & convenience, independent grocery and drug location;
- Identify opportunities to improve and increase sales, and achieve sales objectives;
- Maintain accurate account records and submit required territory audits/reports;
- Through effective communication, develop and maintain excellent relationships with our customers gaining trust and support;
- Report and manage sales execution on an electronic tablet;
- Plan store visits in an economic and efficient way including adherence to set travel budgets;
- Ensure there are sufficient quantities of products on shelves
- Develop action plans for promotions and new product launches;
- Install POS materials and help stores build displays when needed;
- Ensure that quality of products meet company standards and that products are priced correctly and properly rotated;
- Provide feedback on performance of shelving/merchandising programs;
- Execute booking forms issued by Account Managers
- Maintain a high level of competitor and marketplace knowledge including products, pricing, discounts, promotions.
Education and experience:
- Must thrive as part of a dynamic, transparent team that is continuously looking for ways to grow the business and improve on processes;
- Minimum 3-5 years of retail sales experience (preferably in the food and beverage industry);
- Post-Secondary education in business or marketing preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills;
- Self-motivated, passionate and innovative thinker possessing strong leadership, communication and negotiation skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, prioritize, multitask, detail oriented and highly organized;
- Possess a valid driver’s license;
- Ability for overnight travel often for coverage of full province (main areas Saskatoon and Regina), out of town for meetings/training;
- Excellent knowledge of MSWord office suite;
- Bilingual (French and English) is an asset;
- Must be able to lift 25–30 pounds and occasionally up to 60 pounds.
Learn More about A. Lassonde inc.
See all A. Lassonde inc. job postings
Setup a Career Alert for similar jobs
Send to a friend
Share this job:
Brandt is currently seeking a Territory Manager - Ditch Witch for our Saskatoon location. The successful applicant will be responsible for the demonstration and sale of the Ditch Witch product...
Brandt is currently seeking a Machine Operator for our Saskatoon Manufacturing Facility. This position is responsible for efficient operation of CNC cutting machines including plasma and laser as...
Brandt Tractor Ltd is currently seeking a Foreman reporting to our Saskatoon location. The successful applicant for this position is responsible for assisting with coordinating and directing the...
Brandt is currently seeking a Territory Manager - Ditch Witch for our Saskatoon location. The...
Brandt is currently seeking a Machine Operator for our Saskatoon Manufacturing Facility. This...
Brandt Tractor Ltd is currently seeking a Foreman reporting to our Saskatoon location. The...