At Northwestel, we're driven by a common vision of a highly connected North where every Northern Canadian can prosper and thrive. We're getting there by delivering the most innovative communications solutions for the #North. We know there�s more to your decision about where you work than just the work itself. Along with a professional and fulfilling work environment, you�ll enjoy competitive pay, team incentive plan, comprehensive benefit program and a commitment to ongoing professional development....
A Retail Sales Associate is responsible for all sales activities and sales associate job duties, from greeting customers, answering questions, offering assistance, suggesting items, lending opinions and providing product information.
- Drive sales of core communications products and services to existing and new customers. This may be done in-person and via outbound telemarketing campaigns.
- Provide information and demonstrations of communications products and services to customers in a retail storefront setting.
- Take ownership to continually learn and understand Northwestel’s products, services and promotional offerings to effectively present solutions to customers.
- Actively participate in training and coaching initiatives to improve sales skills and product knowledge.
- Activate and configure services and features for customers.
- Track and record inventory, sales, and activations in an inventory management database.
- Process, distribute and/or file company documentation, including mail, bills, invoices and customer records.
- Process sales and service orders in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Provide after sale support by following-up as required/requested and thereby ensuring customer loyalty.
- Other clerical support or customer service duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- Minimum of one year experience in a computerized environment
- Minimum one year consultative sales experience in a retail environment
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Candidates will be required to score a minimum of 70% on an exam that assesses customer service skills, math, keyboarding, and computer applications
- As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
Rewards and Benefits:
- Northwestel Employee Discount (Television, Telephone and Internet) Bell Employee Discount ( wireless & video) and Vendor Discount (Electronics, Clothing, Vehicle and so much more)
- Extended Health Care (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- Team Incentive Plan
- Vacation Travel time ( Up to 3 weeks per year)
- Career Development Benefit Program (Offer support for education or qualifications they need for career development)
- Employee Pension and Share Purchase Plan
- Health and Wellness Programs
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.