Retail Representative (Part-time) - London & Surrounding area
Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years)
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Industry: Packaged Goods
Job Category: Sales
Years Experience: 1-2 Years
Job Type: Part-time
Posting Date: June 17, 2020
Share this job:
This is a part-time role – 24 hours/week (3 days)
Retail Representative – London & surrounding area
The Retail Representative within an assigned territory and is responsible for assigned customers. The key responsibilities are building relationships, selling, distribution and merchandising.
What are we looking for?
- Able to use company standardized software including SFA and Outlook
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to merchandise products in a variety of outlets
- Good written and verbal communication and one-on-one presentation skills
- Demonstrated self-motivation with the ability to execute a distribution/display plan with limited supervision
- Ability to lift product (maximum lifting requirement 50 pounds)
- Ability to drive approximately 100 km daily while making sales calls
- Ability to sustain repeated movement which includes but is not limited to in and out of car movement, bending, leaning, reaching, pushing, pulling and grasping motions
- Ability to use hand tools like , wrenches and screw drivers to assemble displays
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Responsible for suggesting order and selling presentation programs to customers.
- Presenting and selling booking sheets to stores.
- Refilling of merchandiser fixtures, as well as working with the customer to secure secondary space for building of display
- Utilize POS for effective merchandising and pricing
- Proper territory management through customer coverage that involves efficient and effective use of time and resources.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Chance to work on world-renowned brands such as Excel, m&m’s and Skittles withinMars, Inc.â€‹
- An industry competitive salary
- Opportunity to work with some of Canada's largest retailers.
- The opportunity to learn and develop, taking charge of your own career across Mars.
Mars is a family-owned business with more than $35 billion in global sales. We produce some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’sÂ®, SNICKERSÂ®, TWIXÂ®, MILKY WAYÂ®, DOVEÂ®, PEDIGREEÂ®, ROYAL CANINÂ®, WHISKASÂ®, EXTRAÂ®, ORBITÂ®, 5â„¢, SKITTLESÂ®, UNCLE BEN’SÂ®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIAÂ®. Alongside our consumer brands, we proudly take care of half of the world’s pets through our nutrition, health and services businesses such as Banfield Pet Hospitalsâ„¢, BluePearlÂ®, Linnaeus, AniCura, VCAâ„¢ and Pet Partnersâ„¢.Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire our 125,000 Associates into taking action every day towards creating the world we want tomorrow.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Learn More about Mars Canada Inc.
See all Mars Canada Inc. job postings
Setup a Career Alert for similar jobs
Send to a friend
Share this job:
Recent Graduates Welcome Permanent, full-time RESPONSIBILITIES: Administer and process bi-weekly payroll for salary, hourly and on-call employees Process pay adjustments, retroactive and vacation...
Temporary-Permanent opportunity Location: London, ON Full-time hours RESPONSIBILITIES: HR Administration- maintaining all employee personnel records Administration of benefits program Assist in...
Location: London, ON Day shift, full-time temporary-ongoing Responsibilities: Ensure high quality of manufactured product confirming that proper materials are being used Assembly of components Use...
temporary to permanent opportunity full time day shifts We’re looking for a Plant Mechanic join our client’s team in London. This is a full-time temp to perm opportunity to work in a fast paced,...
WE ARE PEOPLEREADY Staffing. It’s what we know. Because we’ve been providing staffing solutions, putting people to work, for nearly 30 years. Whether you’re looking for work, or you’re seeking...
Organization: Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks Division: Drinking Water and Environmental Compliance Division City: London Job Term: 1 Permanent Job Code: 15548 - Scientist...
Recent Graduates Welcome Permanent, full-time RESPONSIBILITIES: Administer and process bi-weekly...
Temporary-Permanent opportunity Location: London, ON Full-time hours RESPONSIBILITIES: HR...
Location: London, ON Day shift, full-time temporary-ongoing Responsibilities: Ensure high...
temporary to permanent opportunity full time day shifts We’re looking for a Plant Mechanic join...
WE ARE PEOPLEREADY Staffing. It’s what we know. Because we’ve been providing staffing solutions,...
Organization: Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks Division: Drinking Water and...