In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Respiratory Therapist practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice as outlined by the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT) as well as within a client and family centered care model. Performs ongoing respiratory care in a multi-disciplinary setting to clients with a variety of illnesses/diseases including, but not limited to acute and/or chronic cardio-respiratory illnesses or pathologies by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team. Enhances quality of life from the perspective of the client/family. Consults, confers and collaborates with other health care professionals. Demonstrates continuous improvement and best practice approach in respiratory practice. Maintains and advances own clinical competence. Participates on committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
- Graduation from a recognized Respiratory Therapy program.
- Current certification with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT) and eligible for registration with the British Columbia Society of Respiratory Therapists (BCSRT) and CSRT.
- Current valid BC Driver's License as required in the specific practice area.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Assessment and Treatment: Demonstrated ability to complete initial and ongoing client assessments (clinical and diagnostic reasoning) through appropriate/prescribed technical, therapeutic, safety type interventions.
Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and members of the interdisciplinary team using verbal, written, computer communication means. Ability to effectively apply conflict resolution skills.
Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach.
Human Caring and Relationship Centered Practice: Ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients and significant others, sensitivity to diverse cultures and preferences, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
Management: Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team and collaborates across disciplines.
Leadership: Promotes staff morale, engagement and empowerment. Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovation, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
Equipment: Demonstrated computer skills including the use of Meditech and Windows based programs. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Chetwynd is located in the foothills of the Eastern slope of the Rocky Mountains. It is British Columbia's entrance to the mighty Peace River Country and is the natural transportation hub of the Peace River area. The area is rich in oil, gas, coal and timber and the local resources and manufacturing industries reflect these assets. Ranching, tourism and the service sector round out Chetwynd's diversified economy.
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Laboratory technology program; R.T. (General). - Eligible for certification from the Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science. SKILLS AND...
- Minimum Grade 10 education or equivalent. - Certification from a Long Term Care Aide program. - Previous experience in a Long Term Care Facility or home care services is an asset. SKILLS AND...
- Grade 12. - Graduation from an Office Assistant Course from an accredited Community College plus two years recent, related experience in a health care setting. - Or an equivalent combination of...
- Registered Nurse with current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia. - Current Level C CPR certification required. - NRP and ACLS certification an...
- Grade 10 with one (1) year recent related experience, and/or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Skills and Abilities: - Ability to communicate effectively both...
You must sign in before you can apply for this position. Click here to sign in. Print This Posting CLEANER (CASUAL) Location:Chetwynd Facility:CHETWYND GEN HOSP COMPLEX Find out MORE about our...
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Laboratory technology program; R.T....
- Minimum Grade 10 education or equivalent. - Certification from a Long Term Care Aide...
- Grade 12. - Graduation from an Office Assistant Course from an accredited Community College...
- Registered Nurse with current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of...
- Grade 10 with one (1) year recent related experience, and/or an equivalent combination of...
You must sign in before you can apply for this position. Click here to sign in. Print This...