Relationship Manager C - Edmonton
# of Positions Available
April 27, 2018
Agriculture, Banking / Real Estate / Mortgage / Professionals, Business / Strategic Management, Sales / Retail / Business Development
Edmonton - Edmonton, AB T5J 0N3 CA (Primary)
Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB. Is that you?
Relationship Manager C
You’ve got a strong internal drive, an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for making a difference through your work. You describe yourself as someone who loves to live outside your comfort zone, a trailblazer who constantly seeks new ways to learn and grow.
If that sounds like you, ATB Financial Business & Agriculture (B&Ag) is THE place to work for you. The B&Ag group at ATB is dedicated to helping support the success of Alberta’s entrepreneurs and farmers. As a part of our continued growth and unrelenting desire to provide innovative solutions to our customers, we have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to make a significant impact on our small business and agriculture clients in Alberta.
Reporting to a Director – Business & Agriculture, the Relationship Manager C (RMC) works with a team of Business and Agriculture (B&Ag) associates and business partners and is responsible for increasing and retaining business based on annual growth targets, and increasing the profitability of a specified portfolio of B&Ag customers. The portfolio managed by the RMC is the most complex and requires the ability to provide easy to understand solutions for their B&Ag business customers needs.
At the heart of it, you are a relationship builder and connector who thrives on supporting the needs of our small business and agriculture clients in the province. You aim to become a trusted advisor through consistent support and a genuine desire to understand where our clients are, where they came from and where they are going.
- You meet and exceed customer needs and expectations by identifying products, services and opportunities they may not be aware of, in order to grow their business
- You achieve set portfolio targets by growing your existing book of business and developing a pipeline of new loans and deposits
- You refer customers to the appropriate partner and effectively translate B&Ag and Market information for the entire branch team emphasizing its relevance to their business while growing partnerships
- You effectively manage your existing portfolio of B&Ag customers which includes renewing expired credits, initiating and following up on arrears and debt recovery
- You effectively manage operational, regulatory & credit risk to ensure ATB’s risk tolerance is adhered to
- You handle customer inquiries, concerns, and complaints expertly by resolving them in a timely manner
- You actively participate in internal and external events, promoting ATB Financial by supporting initiatives that are important to the success of Albertans
- You have the capacity to work collaboratively with clients in a virtual manner, and are proactive in building relationships with clients and communities you are not always physically present in
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS:
- Connector: You build relationships naturally, and bring people of mutual interest together easily
- Translator: You have an uncanny capacity to convert large volumes of information, complex or ambiguous, into readily-understood communication
- Hungry: You combine the intrinsic motivation and drive to excel with the ability and determination to achieve success
- Customer Service Passion: You have an unrelenting desire for exceptional service by going beyond expectations
- Business Judgment: You are keenly aware of business issues, processes and outcomes that could affect ATB & the client
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Post secondary education in business, agriculture or related equivalent experience
- 3-5 years previous experience in retail banking or commercial lending to small and medium sized enterprises
- Proven ability to generate new business and meet established targets
- Demonstrated experience analyzing financial data and structuring credit recommendations
- Demonstrated knowledge of the drivers of business cash flow and how to apply basic principles of effective cash flow management
- Demonstrated success with building collaborative relationships both virtually and in person
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills
- Ability to evaluate the attractiveness of new business opportunities
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset with a confident, tactful and a persuasive demeanor
- An inquisitive approach with the proven ability to connect and engage with new and existing clients with ease
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Broad based business knowledge and acumen
- Agriculture lending experience strongly preferred
As a team member with the Business & Agriculture (B&Ag) group at ATB, you can expect:
- Challenging work that serves as a stepping stone or building block for a fulfilling career in financial services
- The opportunity to work in a results oriented work environment – giving you the autonomy to be where you want to be, when you need to be
- The ability to grow your career without ever having to leave the province
- The capacity to work with in house experts who understand the in’s and out’s of Alberta and are all dedicated to the success of the province
- Bragging rights! Knowing you work for an employer who is a true partner to Alberta and our small business and agriculture clients
So what can ATB Financial offer you? Imagine paying less for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments. Throw in an excellent benefits and pension package, opportunities for career advancement, and a financial institution that’s leading the way in change – now you’re talking about a career with a company that allows you to grow. As an award-winning employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working for Albertans. Sound like a team you want to be a part of?
Advancement. Fun. Rewards… We get it.
To learn more visit atb.com.
To read our employer reviews visit our Glassdoor page.
Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview .
Please click the following link for information on communities where ATB thrives .
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster...
Cargill's Agricultural Supply Chain - North America (CASC NA) connects agricultural producers to food, feed and industrial customers through a seamless supply chain. We help our customers compete...
Field Inspector - (180000DP) Description Move, Build, Grow your career! As the premier global asset management and disposition company, Ritchie Bros. helps thousands of people around the world buy...
Current ENMAX employees are encouraged to apply through their internal Workday access. We’re looking for a Senior Account Representative. You have a passion for sales and you are a natural...
What is the opportunity? Reporting to the Regional Vice President, Investment & Retirement Planning, this position will lead and manage a team of high performing, highly motivated Financial...
Category:Business Analysis (functional and technical) City: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Employment Type: Full Time Meet our professionals Canada-That's CGI Position Description: To support our...
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us...
Cargill's Agricultural Supply Chain - North America (CASC NA) connects agricultural producers to...
Field Inspector - (180000DP) Description Move, Build, Grow your career! As the premier global...
Current ENMAX employees are encouraged to apply through their internal Workday access. We’re...
What is the opportunity? Reporting to the Regional Vice President, Investment & Retirement...
Category:Business Analysis (functional and technical) City: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Employment...