Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years)
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Industry: Packaged Goods
Job Category: Research & Development,Regulatory
Years Experience: 2-4 Years
Job Type: Full-time
Posting Date: April 06, 2021
Share this job:
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Provides assistance across the company in regulatory issues and opportunities. Helps to lead projects, programs and/or processes to ensure regulatory compliance and to leverage regulatory opportunities to the benefit of Conagra Brands. Works cross-functionally and communicates with all functional and operating groups on matters relating to regulatory topics of importance to the enterprise. Contributes to the development and implementation of strategic domestic regulatory initiatives for the company.
- Leads and collaborates with cross functional partners (Marketing, Sales, Quality, Finance, Operations and others) to ensure regulatory and labeling compliance to protect consumer health, company and brand reputation as well as shareholder value.
- Responsible for the development of mandatory label copy (MLC) which includes product name, weight statement, ingredient statement, allergen declaration, descriptions, kosher, nutrition facts panel and claims which meet local regulations and standard of identities.
- Review and approve product names, composition, descriptions, claims, and messaging on advertising to meet local regulatory requirements.
- Review all product related artwork to ensure it meets local food regulations and internal requirements.
- Provide business teams with answers to product and package labeling and compliance-related questions and creative compliance options.
- Collaborate in the process of obtaining and finalizing labels, temporary approvals and extensions in a timely fashion (including Health Canada/CFIA/USDA product approvals).
- Collaborate with internal stakeholder to resolve regulatory and labeling concerns from art house, printer and private label customers, as required
- Participate in sharing up-to-date knowledge of current labeling and food product regulations to internal partners.
- Identifies opportunities to leverage regulations and give Conagra Brands a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Maintains appropriate International Labeling Services policies and procedures.
- BS in Food Science, Nutrition or related field required.
- Minimum of 3 years of food industry regulatory experience.
- Solid working knowledge of Health Canada, CFIA and USDA regulations and requirements.
- Breadth of experience with different food formats.
- Good knowledge of food product development and processes.
- Good understanding of food safety and allergens.
- Ability to research regulatory issues and lead/influence resolution.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Detail oriented and self-motivator
- Ability to be persuasive, assertive while also being collaborative.
- Proactive and goal oriented in driving business growth.
- Proven ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, Adobe and SAP-PLM.
- Ability to work with multiple database systems and network efficiently to get information required to effectively complete tasks.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or any other protected factor. ConAgra Foods is committed to working with and providing accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail Canada.Recruitment@conagrafoods.com. We will make a determination on your request for accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
A titre d'employeur souscrivant au principe de l'égalité d'accès a l'emploi, Conagra Brands considère les postulants qualifiés pour les offres d'emplois sans égard a la race, la couleur, les croyances religieuses, l'origine, le sexe, l'orientation sexuelle, l'identité de genre, la langue parlée, l'âge, le handicap ou tout autre facteur discriminatoire. Conagra Brands s'engage a travailler et offrir des accommodements aux individus ayant des handicaps. Si vous avez besoin d'assistance ou si vous avez des besoins spécifiques pour votre emploi, vous pouvez transmettre votre demande par courriel a Canada.Recruitment@conagrafoods.com. Nous prendrons en considération votre demande d'accommodement au cas-par-cas.
Learn More about Conagra Brands Canada Inc.
See all Conagra Brands Canada Inc. job postings
Setup a Career Alert for similar jobs
Send to a friend
Share this job:
JOB POSTING #873632 Position: Manager, Quality Assurance & Training Site: Corporate Department: Environmental Services & Nutrition Reports To: Senior Director, Environmental Services &...
CUPE JOB POSTING # 872861 Position: Nutrition Aide, Food Delivery Site: Toronto Western Hospital Department: Nutrition Services Reports To: ...
CUPE JOB POSTING # 875042 Position: NUTRITION AIDE, FOOD DELIVERY Site: TORONTO GENERAL HOSPITAL Department: NUTRITION SERVICES Reports To: ...
SEIU JOB POSTING # 875112 Position: Aide, Nutrition Site: Princess Margaret Cancer Centre Department: Nutrition Services Reports To: ...
SEIU JOB POSTING # 873716 Position: Aide, Nutrition Site: Princess Margaret Cancer Centre Department: Nutrition Services Reports To: ...
USW POSTING #873416 Position: Aide/Porter Site: University Centre- Toronto Rehab Department: Nutrition Services Reports to: Supervisor Salary...
JOB POSTING #873632 Position: Manager, Quality Assurance & Training Site: Corporate Department:...
CUPE JOB POSTING # 872861 Position: Nutrition Aide, Food Delivery Site: ...
CUPE JOB POSTING # 875042 Position: NUTRITION AIDE, FOOD DELIVERY Site: ...
SEIU JOB POSTING # 875112 Position: Aide, Nutrition Site: Princess...
SEIU JOB POSTING # 873716 Position: Aide, Nutrition Site: Princess...
USW POSTING #873416 Position: Aide/Porter Site: University...