CUPE JOB POSTING #866486
Position: Registered Practical Nurse
Site: University Centre, Toronto Rehab
Department: Spinal Cord, ABI and Stroke Program
Reports to: Manager, Program Services
Salary Range: $31.175 to $31.550 per hour (Start rate in accordance with collective agreement requirements.)
Hours: 1.0 FTE; Shifts: D/E/N alternate weekends
Status : Permanent full-time
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Registered Practical Nurses as part of Toronto Rehab Pandemic response team.
The Pandemic response team is an initiative created to respond to nursing staffing requirements at UHN based on pandemic related activities and staffing needs
- Plan, manage, evaluate and coordinate comprehensive professional nursing care for patients and families within the context of an interdisciplinary practice
- Use theoretical and empirical knowledge and the input of team members to plan and implement care for patients admitted to the Spinal Cord, ABI and Stroke Program and their familes
- Education of patients, family, referring facilities and other community providers regarding philosophy of rehab nursing
- Participate in inter-professional team care planning forums, inter-professional rounds and family conferences
- Provides leadership, supervision and mentorship to students and new staff on the unit
- Participate in professional, program and hospital-wide initiatives, including professional development of self
- Demonstrates understanding of, compliance with, and commitment to, patient safety responsibilities and corresponding hospital plans, policies and procedures in order to ensure a safe environment for patients
- Member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Diploma preparation as an RPN in a recognized education program for Nursing preferred
- Experience with rehabilitation preferred
- Successful completion of Basic Cardiac Life Support (C level) Heart Saver Plus (Canada)
- Member, Registered Practical Nurses Association of Ontario (RPNAO) preferred
- Excellent conceptual and theoretical understanding of nursing concepts and ability to articulate the concepts as they relate to Rehabilitation Nursing Model of Care
- Superior clinical decision-making skills that reflect patient centeredness, problem solving and critical thinking
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to use theoretical concepts and research findings in practice
- Demonstrated ability to teach students within the context of a teaching hospital
- Proven ability to work independently, and as part of an inter-professional team
- Excellent knowledge of standards of rehabilitation nursing practice and applicable health care legislation
- Demonstrated ability to identify and meet own learning needs for pursue ongoing professional development
- Ability to provide substantiated rationale for clinical management of patient care
- Successful candidate is required to work rotational shift
- Computer proficiency required or willing to pursue appropriate training in computer software
- Good attendance required
- Successful completion of a health assessment/physical assessment course from an accredited college or university in the past 2 to 3 years (or equivalent) required; qualified internal applicants, if currently enrolled in a health assessment/physical assessment course, the course must be successfully completed before January 1, 2021.
POSTED DATE: November 5, 2020 CLOSING DATE: November 12, 2020
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
University Degree in Science or Life Sciences and post-graduate certification in Regulatory Affair Must have a minimum of 8 years of direct experience with drug submissions. Experience with...
Close Associate Shopper Marketing Manager Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Manager Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Marketing,Market Research Years...
Close Supply Chain Operations Coordinator, part-time (12 month contract) Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged...
Close Assistant Brand Manager - Contract Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Marketing Years...
Job title: Dynamics NAV/BC Functional Consultant Job location: Remote - All applicants must currently be based in Canada Salary: $120,000 *All applicants must be fluent in French and English* A...
Close Sales Strategy Specialist Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Sales Years Experience:...
University Degree in Science or Life Sciences and post-graduate certification in Regulatory...
Close Associate Shopper Marketing Manager Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+...
Close Supply Chain Operations Coordinator, part-time (12 month contract) Job Posting Category:...
Close Assistant Brand Manager - Contract Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+...
Job title: Dynamics NAV/BC Functional Consultant Job location: Remote - All applicants must...
Close Sales Strategy Specialist Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+...