CUPE JOB POSTING #865696
Position: Registered Practical Nurse
Site: E. W. Bickle Centre, Toronto Rehab
Department: Complex Continuing Care, South 5
Reports to: Manager, Program Services
Salary Range: $31.175 to $32.385 per hour (Start rate in accordance with collective agreement requirements).
Hours: 0.35 FTE; Shifts: Days/Evenings
Status: Permanent Part-Time
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Registered Practical Nurse in our South 5 Complex Continuing Care Department.
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
The Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, a leader in adult rehabilitation and complex continuing care, is Canada’s largest adult rehabilitation hospital. Bringing together innovative patient care, groundbreaking research and diverse education to help people overcome or recover from disabling injury, illness or age-related conditions Toronto Rehab is located at four sites: University Centre (550 University Ave.), Lyndhurst Hospital and Toronto Rehab’s Cardiac and Stroke Centre (Rumsey Road) and the Bickle Centre (Dunn Ave).. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here .
South 5 is a 50 bed inpatient a general medicine CCC unit at the E.W. Bickle Centre on Dunn Ave. We provide a broad range of care and 24/7 support to individuals who are unable to live independently as a result of chronic and complex health issues or traumatic injuries.
An Interprofessional team helps them to manage their complex medical conditions and health issues to improve their overall well-being and restore their maximum level of independence. For many of our patients, this is a long process, taking months or years before they can move to the next part of their lives.
- Plan, manage, and evaluate nursing care for patients and families within the RPN scope of practice in the context of an interdisciplinary practice.
- Use current theoretical and research knowledge and the input of team members to plan and implement care for patients and families
- Participate in inter-professional team care planning forums, inter-professional rounds and family conferences
- Provide mentorship to RPN students and new staff on the unit
- Participate in professional, program and hospital-wide initiatives, including professional development of self
- Compliance with and commitment to patient safety responsibilities and corresponding hospital plans, policies and procedures in order to ensure a safe environment for patients
- Member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Diploma preparation as an RPN in a recognized education program for Nursing preferred
- Current medication certificate (if not included in diploma program)
- Medical asepsis preferred (if not included in diploma program)
- Experience in Complex Continuing Care preferred
- Successful completion of Basic Cardiac Life Support (C level) Heart Saver Plus (Canada)
- Member, Registered Practical Nurses Association of Ontario (RPNAO), preferred
- Well developed conceptual and theoretical understanding of nursing concepts as they relate to patient population and an ability to articulate these concepts
- Well developed clinical decision-making skills that reflect patient centeredness, problem solving and critical thinking
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to impart knowledge to students within the context of a teaching hospital
- Good knowledge of standards of nursing practice and applicable health care legislation
- Able to use computer software such as word, email and web applications or willing to pursue appropriate training in computer software
- Demonstrated ability to identify and meet own learning needs for pursue ongoing professional development
- Good attendance required
- Must be proficient in English
- Completion of a health assessment/physical assessment course from an accredited college or university in the past 2 to 3 years (or equivalent) required; qualified internal applicants, if currently enrolled in a health assessment/physical assessment course, the course must be successfully completed before January 1, 2021.
- Recent health assessment course required
POSTED DATE: October 29, 2020 CLOSING DATE: November 5, 2020
If you are interested in making a contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Customer Service & Logistics Coordinator (Wellness Natural Inc. - SimplyProtein), Graeme C. Imrie & Associates, 21 daysClose Graeme C. Imrie & Associates Customer Service & Logistics Coordinator (Wellness Natural Inc. - SimplyProtein) Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level:...
Customer Service & Logistics Coordinator (Wellness Natural Inc. - SimplyProtein), Graeme C. Imrie & Associates, 21 daysClose Customer Service & Logistics Coordinator (Wellness Natural Inc. - SimplyProtein) Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry:...
Job title: Dynamics NAV/BC Implementation Consultant Job location: Remote - Must currently be based in Canada, preferably Toronto Salary: $120,000 A Microsoft Partner is seeking a functional...
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the regions....
AFEX is a trusted global payment and risk management solutions specialist with a heritage that dates back to 1979. We offer a comprehensive range of global payment and foreign exchange services,...
Close Assistant Brand Manager - Contract Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Marketing Years...
Customer Service & Logistics Coordinator (Wellness Natural Inc. - SimplyProtein), Graeme C. Imrie & Associates, 21 daysClose Graeme C. Imrie & Associates Customer Service & Logistics Coordinator (Wellness Natural...
Close Customer Service & Logistics Coordinator (Wellness Natural Inc. - SimplyProtein) Job...
Job title: Dynamics NAV/BC Implementation Consultant Job location: Remote - Must currently be...
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our...
AFEX is a trusted global payment and risk management solutions specialist with a heritage that...
Close Assistant Brand Manager - Contract Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+...