Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. At our new facility, North America’s first fully digital hospital, the future is very exciting for our people and programs. And we’re looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University.
Humber River Hospital’s Nursing Resources Team is part of the Staffing Resource Centre within the Hospital. The Registered Nurses within the Nursing Resources Team are trained to cover all Medicine and Surgical Inpatient Units. Members of the Nursing Resource Team have the opportunity to be trained in specialty areas when needed.
Right now we are looking for a Temporary Part Time Registered Nurse to work with our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (temporary until approx Jan 2019)
Reporting Relationship: Manager, Paediatrics & NICU
Hiring Salary Range: $32.12-46.11/hour
- RN responsibilities, with a focus on assessment and total patient care of the premature and ill newborn from 30 weeks gestation to term.
- Parent and family education and support.
- Facilitate discharge planning.
- Current RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- Current BCLS/CPR certification required.
- Current NRP certificate required or agreement to obtain within 3 months of commencement into position.
- Previous level II or III experience required.
- NICU certificate preferred.
- S.T.A.B.L.E. certification an asset.
- Proficiency in initiating IV therapy and venipuncture in infants and children preferred.
- Good parent and family teaching skills required.
- Neonatal Nursing Certificate preferred.
- Bereavement/palliative nursing care skills an asset.
- Ability to facilitate and promote family centered care.
- Willingness to be cross-trained to one other area within the Women’s & Children’s Health Program.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required with an ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team as well as with parents and families from a diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Good organizational skills, with an ability to be flexible and adapt to effectively meet the changing needs and priorities of the unit.
- Willingness to rotate to other departments at any Humber Site as required.
- Second language is an asset.
- Excellent attendance and a discipline free record is required
Location: Humber River Hospital – Wilson Site
Hours of work: Must be available to work rotating 12 hour shifts, Days/Nights and Weekend Rotation.
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on building our evidence-based leadership practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it’s our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
ONA JOB POSTING #833088 Position: Registered Nurse - 2 Positions Site: Toronto General Hospital Department: Hemodialysis Program Reports to: Nurse Manager Scale/Grade: E0 06 Salary Range:...
JOB POSTING # 835930 Position: Clinical Research Study Assistant (CRSA) Site: Princess Margaret Cancer Centre Department: Surgical Oncology / Urology Reports to: Research Manager Shifts: Monday to...
Posted: 01/11/2019 9:22:47 AM We currently have an opportunity for a Temporary Part-time (until approximately January 2020) Registered Nurse position in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) located...
ONA JOB POSTING #835707 Position: Registered Nurse (2 positions) Site: University Centre, Toronto Rehab Department: Inpatient Stroke Rehab Reports to: Manager, Program Services Scale/Grade: E0:06 ...
Registered Nurse - Emergency Department Sponsorship - Full Time (184012), Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, 27 daysPosted: 12/21/2018 3:16:59 PM Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is offering to sponsor nurses who are interested in completing the Emergency Department Certificate program through Humber College...
ONA Job Posting #836021 Position: Registered Nurse (2 positions) Site: Toronto Western Hospital Department: Spine/Neurosurgery Reports to: Nurse Manager Scale/Grade: E0:06 Salary Range: $32.66-...
ONA JOB POSTING #833088 Position: Registered Nurse - 2 Positions Site: Toronto General...
JOB POSTING # 835930 Position: Clinical Research Study Assistant (CRSA) Site: Princess Margaret...
Posted: 01/11/2019 9:22:47 AM We currently have an opportunity for a Temporary Part-time...
ONA JOB POSTING #835707 Position: Registered Nurse (2 positions) Site: University Centre,...
Registered Nurse - Emergency Department Sponsorship - Full Time (184012), Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, 27 daysPosted: 12/21/2018 3:16:59 PM Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is offering to sponsor nurses...
ONA Job Posting #836021 Position: Registered Nurse (2 positions) Site: Toronto Western...