ONA JOB POSTING #873574
Position: Registered Nurse (2 positions)
Site: E. W. Bickle Centre, Toronto Rehab
Department: South 4, LTLD/Geri Rehab
Reports to: Manager, Program Services
Scale/Grade: E0: 06
Salary Range: $33.56 to $48.05 per hour (Start rate in accordance with collective agreement requirements.)
Hours: 0.40 FTE; Shifts: Days/Evenings
Status: Permanent Part Time
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Registered Nurse in our South 4 Low Tolerance Long Duration/Geriatric Rehab Department.
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
The Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, a leader in adult rehabilitation and complex continuing care, is Canada’s largest adult rehabilitation hospital. Bringing together innovative patient care, groundbreaking research and diverse education to help people overcome or recover from disabling injury, illness or age-related conditions Toronto Rehab is located at four sites: University Centre (550 University Ave.), Lyndhurst Hospital and Toronto Rehab’s Cardiac and Stroke Centre (Rumsey Road) and the Bickle Centre (Dunn Ave).. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here .
The LTLD/Geri unit is a 48 bed inpatient unit located on South 4 at the E.W. Bickle Centre on Dunn Ave. We offer rehabilitation to people who will benefit from therapies at a slower pace and with less intensity. Often, our patients have multiple co-morbidities, such as diabetes, multiple sclerosis or heart disease in addition to the injury or illness that led to their hospitalization.
We provide rehabilitation to patients who have a discharge destination. As soon as possible after you arrive, we will work with you and your loved ones to plan your discharge, to help you make a safe and successful transition to the next stage of your rehabilitation in the community.
- Plan, manage, evaluate and coordinate comprehensive professional nursing care for patients and families within the context of an interdisciplinary practice.
- Use theoretical and empirical knowledge and the input of team members to plan and implement care for patients admitted to LTLD/Geri Rehab and their families
- Education of patients, family, referring facilities and other community providers regarding philosophy of rehab nursing
- Participate in inter-professional team care planning forums, inter-professional rounds and family conferences
- Provides leadership, supervision and mentorship to students and new staff on the unit related to LTLD/Geri Rehab
- Participate in professional, program and hospital-wide initiatives, including professional development of self
- Demonstrates understanding of, compliance with, and commitment to, patient safety responsibilities and corresponding hospital plans, policies and procedures in order to ensure a safe environment for patients
- Member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing preferred
- Experience in Low Tolerance Long Duration rehabilitation preferred
- Certification in gerontology or rehab nursing preferred
- Specialty certification preferred (Canadian Nurses Association)
- Successful completion of Basic Cardiac Life Support (C level) Heart Saver Plus (Canada)
- Member, Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO), OARN (SIG) preferred
- Excellent conceptual and theoretical understanding of nursing concepts and ability to articulate the concepts as they relate to Rehabilitation Nursing Model of Care
- Superior clinical decision-making skills that reflect patient centeredness, problem solving and critical thinking
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to use theoretical concepts and research findings in practice
- Demonstrated ability to teach students within the context of a teaching hospital
- Proven ability to work independently, and as part of an inter-professional team
- Excellent knowledge of standards of rehabilitation nursing practice and applicable health care legislation
- Demonstrated ability to identify and meet own learning needs for pursue ongoing professional development
- Ability to provide substantiated rationale for clinical management of patient care
- Successful candidate is required to work rotational shift
- Computer proficiency required or willing to pursue appropriate training in computer software
- Good attendance required
- Ability to demonstrate strong health assessment skills
POSTING DATE: March 25, 2021 CLOSING DATE: April 1, 2021
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Close Territory Manager - Greater Toronto Area Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Sales Years...
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the regions....
Req ID: 113682 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and...
D365 F&O Developer - Toronto, Ontario - End User - Remote - $125k A rapidly growing Microsoft End User is actively seeking a well-established Dynamics 365 F&O Developer to join their internal...
Close Sales Operations Analyst Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Sales,Analyst Years...
Close Marketing Coordinator Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Administrative...
Close Territory Manager - Greater Toronto Area Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals...
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our...
Req ID: 113682 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
D365 F&O Developer - Toronto, Ontario - End User - Remote - $125k A rapidly growing Microsoft...
Close Sales Operations Analyst Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career...
Close Marketing Coordinator Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career...