Position # 20012275
Primary office is 280 Booth Drive. May be required to work in other Community Areas and/or Nurse Supported/ Wound Clinics.
Under the general supervision of the Team Manager and while demonstrating a commitment to the mission, vision and values of the WRHA, the Registered Nurse (RN) provides nursing care to clients in the community, including those with complex and unpredictable health needs. These services include independent nursing services, administration of prescribed treatments, a leadership role within the healthcare team and facilitating coordination of client care and discharge. These services may be provided in the home, school, place of business settings or at a home care nursing clinic.
- Graduate of an approved Registered Nursing education program required.
- CNA Community Health Nurses Certification or relevant applicable certification preferred.
- Additional wound care and chronic disease management education preferred
- 2 years related recent experience preferred.
- Knowledge of:
- College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses.
- Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses.
- Community Health Nurse Standards of Practice & Home Health Competencies.
- Scope of practice document as documented in the Registered Nurses Act.
- Regional/Facility unit policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
- Nursing care knowledge related to community nursing.
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Protection of Persons in Care Act, Mental Health Act, Workplace Hazardous Material Information System.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge of Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- Demonstrated critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize care for an individual or group(s).
- Ability to delegate & assign care appropriately and monitor outcomes of both delegated and assigned care.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities.
- Ability to perform independently and as a member of the healthcare team.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Ability to maintain concentration with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment.
- (WHMIS), Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions) and other legislated acts.
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the healthcare team.
- Principles of delegation/assignment.
- Principles of adult learning and teaching strategies.
- Responsible for maintaining and providing proof of registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM).
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training requirements for this position will be in accordance with the WRHA policy.
- Subject to Immunization and Tuberculin testing as per WRHA policy.
- Valid Manitoba Class 5 Drivers License required.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort required.
- Physically able to provide service in a wide variety of community settings under varying weather and environmental conditions.
- Use of a reliable motor vehicle suitable for all environmental conditions.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment and/or to provide evidence of educational achievements.
Any application/resume received after the deadline closing date will be marked late and not included in the competition.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).
Description Employer Job Number: GO-00547875 Facility: CARROT RIVER HEALTH CENTRE Job Description: Provides direct client care activities including assessment, planning, implementation, and...
What is the opportunity? As a Commercial Mortgage Specialist you will develop and deliver on business priorities and improving the Client Experience through the execution of sales plans to sell...
Auto Parts Counter Person - PartSource - Winnipeg (Portage Ave) - C04QG4 PartSource is a chain of automotive parts specialty stores that offer brand-name auto parts to the medium to heavy...
- Grade 12 plus graduation from a recognized Home Support Attendant/ Resident Care Aid Program or equivalent combination of current education, training and experience. - Registered on the BC Care...
Customer Service Specialist (Maternity Leave) - Winnipeg, MB 1360 Inkster Blvd. Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3C3J4 Canada We are currently looking for a Customer Service Specialist for a maternity...
Req Id 83983 - Posted 09/17/2018 - Protective Services - Physical Security - Canada - Manitoba - Winnipeg GARDAWORLD is the largest privately-owned security services company in the world. We are...
Description Employer Job Number: GO-00547875 Facility: CARROT RIVER HEALTH CENTRE Job...
What is the opportunity? As a Commercial Mortgage Specialist you will develop and deliver on...
Auto Parts Counter Person - PartSource - Winnipeg (Portage Ave) - C04QG4 PartSource is a chain...
- Grade 12 plus graduation from a recognized Home Support Attendant/ Resident Care Aid Program...
Customer Service Specialist (Maternity Leave) - Winnipeg, MB 1360 Inkster Blvd. Winnipeg,...
Req Id 83983 - Posted 09/17/2018 - Protective Services - Physical Security - Canada - Manitoba -...