Posting #: 2018-823176
Position: Registered Nurse
Department: Adult Inpatient Mental Health - Treatment Unit 2
Hours: Monday to Sunday - Various 12 hour rotating shifts (hours subject to change based on operational needs)
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
This is what you’ll be doing:
- The RN functions as a valued member of the multidisciplinary team providing assessment and evidence-based nursing care for patients with acute mental health needs.
- Solid knowledge and skill includes the ability to perform thorough mental status examination, to utilize developmentally appropriate approaches, to implement and evaluate of various therapeutic interventions, to provide mental health teaching to patients and families, based on principles of adult education, to provide one to one and group therapeutic interventions.
- Essential to the role is a strong knowledge of all pertinent mental health legislation and the application of it in order to advocate effectively for patients living with mental health disorders.
- The nurse uses Case Management principles of planning and carrying out care consistently over the duration of a patient´s admission, allowing for a deeper and more informed therapeutic partnership. Belief in recovery and instilling hope are our critical values.
- Using a Primary Nursing Model, the successful candidate will function as a member of the multidisciplinary team on our adult in-patient mental health unit. The nurse will be skilled in dealing with acutely ill and high risk psychiatric populations including suicidal individuals, those with severe depressive or psychotic illnesses and personality and behaviour disorders.
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare is seeking individuals who are competent in their chosen profession; patient/customer focused; team players; effective communicators; caring and respectful and are fiscally responsible.
- Current Registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BCLS certification required at time of hire.
- C.N.A. certification in Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing designation or required commitment to obtain in the next 2 years.
- Completion of Non-violent crisis intervention training required
- Minimum of 1 year acute mental health experience required
- Knowledge and skill in Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing to Practice within the Canadian Federation of Mental Health Nurses´ Standards of Practice (www.cfmhn.ca/standards.html )
- Working knowledge of the Mental Health Act of Ontario & other related legislation
- Knowledge and understanding of current psychopharmacology and other treatments in Mental Health
- Effective computer skills
- Excellent problem solving and conflict/crisis resolution skills
- Ability to establish a therapeutic alliance with clients
- Willing to participate in and learn effective leadership skills
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and understanding to this population mandatory
- Effective team player who projects a positive, non-judgmental attitude
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
Salary: $32.21 to $46.11 per hour
Date posted: May 8, 2018
Internal applications due by: May 15, 2018
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.
JOB POSTING #827364 Position: Occupational Therapist Department: Altum Health Site: Hamilton (Centennial & Queensdale) Reports to: Site Manager Hours: 37.5 Hours per Week Status: Permanent...
UNIT PROFILE: The Alternate Level of Care (ALC) unit is committed to providing high quality care to a diverse spectrum of patients with simple to complex medical issues. Patients are transferred...
District Manager - Ontario & Alatantic Canada - 00001Q24 Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At Innomar Strategies, a company of AmerisourceBergen, you will find an...
Nurse Case Manager - 00001PA2 Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At Innomar Strategies, a company of AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient...
The Region of Peel serves a vibrant and culturally diverse community of more than 1.4 million residents and 163,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. Committed to service...
About Classic Care Classic Care Pharmacy was founded in 1996 for the purpose of exclusively providing medication and consulting services to Long Term Care Homes and Retirement Residences. With...
JOB POSTING #827364 Position: Occupational Therapist Department: Altum Health Site: Hamilton...
UNIT PROFILE: The Alternate Level of Care (ALC) unit is committed to providing high quality care...
District Manager - Ontario & Alatantic Canada - 00001Q24 Are you looking to make a difference...
Nurse Case Manager - 00001PA2 Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At...
The Region of Peel serves a vibrant and culturally diverse community of more than 1.4 million...
About Classic Care Classic Care Pharmacy was founded in 1996 for the purpose of exclusively...