ONA POSTING #864333
Position: Registered Nurse - 2 Positions
Site: Toronto Western Hospital
Department: Family Health Team
Scale/Grade: E0 06
Salary Range: $33.56 - $48.05 per hour (Start rate: determined in accordance with collective agreement requirements)
Hours: 37.50 Hours/Week -Various Shifts: Monday to Friday, Days; and some Evenings; and Occasional Saturdays
Status: Permanent Full-Time
At University Health Network, the breadth of skills, proud histories and stellar reputations of Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and Toronto Rehab Hospitals come together to achieve a common purpose and vision. UHN is among the ranks of the world's leading providers of exemplary patient care and innovative research and teaching. Our hospitals share a tradition of great outcomes and medical firsts. These traditions will be built upon as we follow our vision of achieving global impact.
Located at the heart of downtown Toronto, Toronto Western Hospital has provided community care and specialized services for more than 100 years. Our hospital provides world-class care in Neural and Sensory Science, Musculoskeletal Health and Arthritis, and Community and Population Health programs. Complementing these programs are outstanding facilities, including the Krembil Neuroscience Centre.
Based at Toronto Western Hospital, the Family Medicine Department links with the surrounding community to provide primary care to families and community members, with special attention to the needs of the aging population, children and women.
With the teamwork of pharmacists, social workers, physicians, primary care nurse practitioners and staff nurses, we do our best to help families deal with a broad range of health concerns. We also help connect families with the care of specialists when needed.
We are presently looking for Registered Nurses to join our Family Health Team (FHT) to provide professional primary care nursing to clients of the UHN Toronto Western (TW) FHT. This is an exciting opportunity to work as a member of an inter-disciplinary care team to develop and provide a diverse and varied service in a primary care setting.
- Provide complete comprehensive nursing assessments, with an understanding of the social determinants of health
- Complete triage of patients both in person and on the phone to aid in appropriate treatment and care decisions in relation to same day appointments, unscheduled care, and telephone calls from patients
- Assist in the functioning of the clinic to ensure smooth and efficient functioning
- Provide general primary care nursing to patients in keeping with nursing standards
- Develop and implement treatment plans/therapeutic interventions in consultation with patients and other interdisciplinary team members
- Provides health teaching and education, counseling, and health promotion and prevention of illness to patients
- Make appropriate hospital and community referrals and follow up as needed
- Assists in the functioning of the clinic to ensure smooth and efficient operation
Work collaboratively with other TW UHN FHT staff and community organizations to improve client care, service delivery, and coordination
- Preceptorship of Primary care nursing students
- Current Registration with the Ontario College of Nurses in the General Class
- BScN preferred
- CPR certified
- 3 to 5 years demonstrated nursing experience working with patients and families in a multi-disciplinary and inter-professional team within an ambulatory or primary care setting is required
- Experience with FHT’s targeted patient populations: patients with chronic diseases particularly diabetes and vascular disease, new immigrants and/or young families, care for patients in the home, patients requiring access to mental health and/or addictions services is required
- Experience working in Emergency or ICU where triage skills are required is an asset
- Ability to effectively triage patients that walk in or call on the telephone
- Ability and willingness to complete home visits in conjunction with other care providers
- Knowledge of the broader determinants of health
- Knowledge of concepts of health promotion, disease prevention, behavior change counseling, and individual and group counseling
- Knowledge and awareness related to cultural competence
- Proven ability to problem solve effectively and independently, organizational skills (managing workflow, assessing and judging priorities, planning, multi-tasking)
- Experience in educating health professionals, including nursing and medical students
- Commitment to patient-centered care with the ability to adapt to a diverse patient population
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a interdisciplinary team
- Availability to work flexible hours including days, evenings, and Saturdays
- Excellent interpersonal and crisis intervention skills
- Experience and comfort working with an electronic charting system (FHT electronic documentation system) is an asset
POSTED DATE: October 1, 2020 CLOSING DATE: October 8, 2020 by 3:00pm
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however for non UHN employees, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
University Health Network has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Close SRM Pricing Manager Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Manager Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Financial ,Marketing,Sales Years Experience: 4-6...
Dynamics NAV Senior Consultant - Toronto Canada Job location: Remote Salary: $140,000 A mid-sized Microsoft Partner is seeking a functional consultant to assist with NAV/Business Central projects...
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation...
Dynamics NAV/BC Project Manager- Toronto (Remote)- Flex Salary My client in Toronto, CA is currently seeking a highly qualified Dynamics NAV Project Manager to assist a team that's starting new...
Close Director of Sales (Consumer Goods - Remote Work from Home) Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Director Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category:...
3 Month contract Solid Rumor Oncology Pharmaceutical Our client, a leader in the Pharmaceutical Industry is looking for an experienced Medical Project Manager (For Solid Tumour Oncology) This is a...
Close SRM Pricing Manager Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career...
Dynamics NAV Senior Consultant - Toronto Canada Job location: Remote Salary: $140,000 A...
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants...
Dynamics NAV/BC Project Manager- Toronto (Remote)- Flex Salary My client in Toronto, CA is...
Close Director of Sales (Consumer Goods - Remote Work from Home) Job Posting Category:...
3 Month contract Solid Rumor Oncology Pharmaceutical Our client, a leader in the Pharmaceutical...