ONA POSTING #868786
Position: Registered Nurse
Site: Toronto Western Hospital
Department: Family Health Team - Garrison Creek, 928 St Clair Avenue West
Salary Range: $33.56 - $48.05 PER HOUR (start rate determined in accordance with the collective agreement requirements)
Hours: 37.5 Hours/Week -Monday to Friday Days, Evenings and Weekends
Status: Temporary Full-time (MLOA)
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning ...
At University Health Network, the breadth of skills, proud histories and stellar reputations of Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and Toronto Rehab Hospitals come together to achieve a common purpose and vision. UHN is among the ranks of the world's leading providers of exemplary patient care and innovative research and teaching. Our hospitals share a tradition of great outcomes and medical firsts. These traditions will be built upon as we follow our vision of achieving global impact.
The Registered Nurse (RN) will be a member of the Family Health Team (FHT) and the UHN Nursing group. The FHT – Garrison Creek, provides primary care services using multi-disciplinary and inter-professional team approaches to a variety of patient populations. The RN follows the patient through all stages of growth and development, through degrees of wellness and illness, while collaborating with other service providers, patients and families. The RN provides holistic assessment, screening, healthy lifestyle support, education, and chronic disease management with a goal of improving health outcomes and facilitating access to services.
- Provide complete comprehensive nursing assessments, with an understanding of the social determinants of health
- Complete triage of patients both in person and on the phone to aid in appropriate treatment and care decisions in relation to same day appointments, unscheduled care, and telephone calls from patients
- Assist in the functioning of the clinic to ensure smooth and efficient functioning
- Provide general primary care nursing to patients in keeping with nursing standards
- Develop and implement treatment plans/therapeutic interventions in consultation with patients and other interdisciplinary team members
- Provides health teaching and education, counseling, and health promotion and prevention of illness to patients
- Make appropriate hospital and community referrals and follow up as needed
- Assists in the functioning of the clinic to ensure smooth and efficient operation
Work collaboratively with other TWH UHN FHT staff and community organizations to improve client care, service delivery, and coordination
- Preceptorship of Primary care nursing students
- Current Registration with the Ontario College of Nurses in the General Class
- BScN preferred
- CPR certified
- 3 to 5 years demonstrated nursing experience working with patients and families in a multi-disciplinary and inter-professional team within an ambulatory or primary care setting is required
- Experience with FHT’s targeted patient populations: patients with chronic diseases particularly diabetes and vascular disease, new immigrants and/or young families, care for patients in the home, patients requiring access to mental health and/or addictions services is required
- Experience working in Emergency or ICU where triage skills are required is an asset
- Ability to effectively triage patients that walk in or call on the telephone
- Ability and willingness to complete home visits in conjunction with other care providers
- Knowledge of the broader determinants of health
- Knowledge of concepts of health promotion, disease prevention, behavior change counseling, and individual and group counseling
- Knowledge and awareness related to cultural competence
- Proven ability to problem solve effectively and independently, organizational skills (managing workflow, assessing and judging priorities, planning, multi-tasking)
- Experience in educating health professionals, including nursing and medical students
- Commitment to patient-centered care with the ability to adapt to a diverse patient population
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a interdisciplinary team
- Availability to work flexible hours including days, evenings, and Saturdays
- Excellent interpersonal and crisis intervention skills
- Experience and comfort working with an electronic charting system (FHT electronic documentation system) is an asset
POSTED DATE: January 7, 2021 CLOSING DATE: January 21, 2021
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however for non UHN employees, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
University Health Network has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Location: UK, US (East Coast), Canada, Poland (home-based) Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work within a dynamic, collaborative environment with a team committed to being an...
Close Retail Representative - Part-time - Toronto & North York Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job...
Close Sr Customer Development Leader Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Manager Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Marketing,Sales Years Experience: 8-10...
Req ID: 112245 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and...
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply...
Close Tax Analyst Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Financial ,Accounting Years Experience:...
Location: UK, US (East Coast), Canada, Poland (home-based) Are you looking for an exciting...
Close Retail Representative - Part-time - Toronto & North York Job Posting Category: Experienced...
Close Sr Customer Development Leader Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+...
Req ID: 112245 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate...
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise...
Close Tax Analyst Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level:...