ONA JOB POSTING # 866449
Position: Registered Nurse, Concurrent Disorders Program
Site: Toronto Western Hospital
Department: Centre For Mental Health
Scale/Grade: E0: 06
Salary Range: $33.56 to $48.05 per hour (Start rate in accordance with collective agreement requirements.)
Hours:37.5 Hours/Week; Days
Status: Temporary Full-Time 12 - 18 months
As a member of the UHN and the Nursing Multi-disciplinary Team, the REGISTERED NURSE practices in accordance with relevant legislation/standards, meeting the legal and ethical requirements of the profession. The principal responsibilities include: applying knowledge of nursing science, theory, skill and critical decision making in the provision of compassionate, collaborative and competent care in accordance with the UHN Professional Practice Model for Nursing and the mission and vision of nursing at the UHN; ensuring practice is consistent with professional standards and the ethical framework as outlined by the College of Nurses of Ontario and the UHN policy and procedure; demonstrating commitment to professional life long learning by participating in continuing education activities to meet the needs of the patient population served and the standards of the profession; performing reflective practice, analyzing and evaluating nursing knowledge and modifying practice accordingly to improve the quality of nursing and patient care; performing cross-functional and other responsibilities, as assigned and/or requested.
As an integral member of the Addictions Program, the Concurrent Disorders Nurse will work specifically, but exclusively, with patients with Concurrent Disorder. This position will also provide Addiction Nursing within our Rapid Access Addiction Medicine (RAAM) service and provide back-up coverage in our Mental Health Depot clinic as needed.
- Current Registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (B.C.L.S.) certification
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in Mental Health and/or Addiction Nursing preferred
B. Sc. N. preferred
- Excellent concurrent disorders assessment and intervention skills
- Experience in Addiction Medicine preferred
- Experience working in an outpatient addiction setting
- Experience with Addictions, including concurrent disorders/motivational counseling
- Experience with psychiatric patients counselling/psychotherapy models of care, including trauma; and group work
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to UHN standards
- Compliance with confidentiality requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional decision making and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of community resources available to patients with Concurrent Disorder an asset
- Canadian Nurses Association Certification in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing preferred
- CPI certification in NVCI preferred
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team environment preferred
Posted Date: November 12, 2020 Closing Date: until filled
Only hospital employees, who have successfully completed their probationary period, have maintained satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program and possess all the required experience and qualifications will be given first consideration.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
University Health Network has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation...
Close DSD Field Sales Rep Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Sales Years Experience: 2-4...
Close National Sales Manager Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Manager Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Sales Years Experience: 4-6 Years Job Type:...
Dynamics NAV Developer - Toronto, ON - $55k + Remote A Dynamics NAV end user is seeking a Developer to help lead technical support and customization of an expanding ERP operation. Due to continued...
Senior Executive Assistant to CTO/CPO Product & Engineering **6 month contract position** There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our portfolio and...
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply...
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants...
Close DSD Field Sales Rep Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career...
Close National Sales Manager Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career...
Dynamics NAV Developer - Toronto, ON - $55k + Remote A Dynamics NAV end user is seeking a...
Senior Executive Assistant to CTO/CPO Product & Engineering **6 month contract position** There...
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise...