JOB POSTING# 865502
Position: REGISTERED DIETITIAN, In-patient and Ambulatory Care - Multi-Organ Transplant
Site: TORONTO GENERAL HOSPITAL
Department: ALLIED HEALTH
Reports to: MANAGER
Salary: $36.01 - $45.02 per hour
Hours: 30 HOURS PER WEEK
Status: TEMPORARY PART-TIME - approx. 24 MONTHS
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. Tthe University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
The scope of research and complexity of cases at Toronto General Hospital have made it a national and international source for discovery, education and patient care. It has one of the largest hospital-based research programs in Canada, with major research in transplantation, surgical innovation, cardiology, infectious diseases, genomic medicine and liver disease. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here .
As an integral member of the interprofessional team, and a specialist in the delivery of nutrition therapy, the REGISTERED DIETITIAN (RD) provides services based on standards of quality and evidence-based practice. The RD provides consultation and independently screens patients for nutritional intervention, collects and interprets patient health data for in-depth assessment, completes ongoing monitoring and reassessment in collaboration with patients, caregivers, and the health care team. Through patient-centered approaches, the RD establishes priorities, strategies and interventions in order to contribute to the individualized treatment program that allows the patient to achieve optimal outcomes. As an interprofessional team member, the RD fosters a culture of safety by minimizing patient harm, promoting the well-being of patient and health care providers, reducing the likelihood of adverse events, and communicating safety concerns. Additional responsibilities may include mentoring dietetic students, implementing pertinent medical directives, completing administrative responsibilities, supervising assigned personnel, conducting practice-based research and performing other functions consistent with the job classification to ensure excellence in the provision of care.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a 4 year Dietitians of Canada accredited university food/nutrition program degree/discipline or recognized equivalent required
- Successful completion of either the Dietitians of Canada accredited 40-52 week Comprehensive, Post-Graduate Dietetic Studentship Program or combined Masters/Internship Practicum Program or Integrated/Stage/Co-ordinated Undergraduate Program or Ryerson Internationally Educated Dietitians Pre-registration Program required
- Two (2) years hospital experience preferred
- Experience working with transplant population an asset
- Experience with the provision of enteral nutrition
- Experience with conducting practice-based research an asset
- Experience supervising dietetic students/interns an asset
- Registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario required
- Membership with Dietitians of Canada preferred
- Complies with the Code of Ethics and Rules of Conduct according to College of Dietitians of Ontario, required.
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize and to deal with changes in tasks with short notice, required.
- Ability to learn and perform applicable advanced nutrition assessment including Subjective Global Assessment, Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis, skinfold measurements and indirect calorimetry, required.
- Proficiency in computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Office applications and medical software, required.
- Ability to negotiate and advocate for patients and the Dietetic profession, required.
- Demonstrated teaching ability, and leadership skills to facilitate meetings, volunteers and students, required.
- Ability to adapt to a wide variety of patient populations and knowledge of cultural foods and diversity, required.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, required.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, decision-making and conflict resolution skills, required.
- Ability to extract very detailed information to make informed decisions, required.
- Broad-based knowledge and versatility in clinical dietetics, required.
- Recognizes and acts within the scope and limitations of the dietitian's role, required.
- Ability to exercise sound clinical judgment and to function in an independent, self-directed manner, required.
POSTED DATE: October 22, 2020 CLOSING DATE: until filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Close Talent Planning Manager Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Manager Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Human Resources Years Experience: 6-8...
Gestionnaire, recherche marketing de detail / Bilingual Shopper Insights Manager, Arterra Wines Canada, 3 daysClose Gestionnaire, recherche marketing de detail / Bilingual Shopper Insights Manager Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry:...
Close Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate Strategy Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category:...
Job Description Position at CloudBlue CloudBlue is a technology solution startup born from the need to digitally transform a multibillion-dollar enterprise. The CloudBlue platform orchestrates...
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the regions....
Close Brand Manager, Innovation - Natural & Organic Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category:...
Close Talent Planning Manager Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career...
Gestionnaire, recherche marketing de detail / Bilingual Shopper Insights Manager, Arterra Wines Canada, 3 daysClose Gestionnaire, recherche marketing de detail / Bilingual Shopper Insights Manager Job...
Close Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate Strategy Job Posting Category: Experienced...
Job Description Position at CloudBlue CloudBlue is a technology solution startup born from the...
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our...
Close Brand Manager, Innovation - Natural & Organic Job Posting Category: Experienced...