JOB POSTING #865395
Position: REGISTERED DIETITIAN
Site: TORONTO WESTERN HOSPITAL
Department: BARIATRIC CLINIC
Reports to: MANAGER
Salary: $36.01 to $45.02 per hour
Hours: various hours & shifts as required days/evenings
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here .
As an integral member of the interprofessional team, and a specialist in the delivery of nutrition therapy, the REGISTERED DIETITIAN (RD) provides services based on standards of quality and evidence-based practice. The RD provides consultation and independently screens patients for nutritional intervention, collects and interprets patient health data for in-depth assessment, completes ongoing monitoring and reassessment in collaboration with patients, caregivers, and the health care team. Through patient-centered approaches, the RD establishes priorities, strategies and interventions in order to contribute to the individualized treatment program that allows the patient to achieve optimal outcomes. As an interprofessional team member, the RD fosters a culture of safety by minimizing patient harm, promoting the well-being of patient and health care providers, reducing the likelihood of adverse events, and communicating safety concerns. Additional responsibilities may include mentoring dietetic students, implementing pertinent medical directives, completing administrative responsibilities, supervising assigned personnel, conducting practice-based research and performing other functions consistent with the job classification to ensure excellence in the provision of care.
- At minimum, completion of a bachelors degree in a 4 year Dietitians of Canada (DC) accredited university food/nutrition program degree/discipline or recognized equivalent
- Successful completion of one of the following is required: Dietitians of Canada accredited 40-52 week Comprehensive, Post-Graduate Dietetic Studentship Program or Combined Masters/Internship Practicum Program or Integrated/Stage/Co-ordinated Undergraduate Program or Ryerson Internationally Educated Dietitians Pre-registration Program
- Registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Membership with Dietitians of Canada, preferred
- Experience in a hospital environment, preferred.
- Previous experience in an outpatient Bariatric Program/clinic preferred
- Experience in related specialties, an asset.
- Experience as a preceptor, an asset.
- Complies with the Code of Ethics and Rules of Conduct according to College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Recognizes and acts within the scope and limitations of the dietitian's role
- Ability to exercise sound clinical judgment and to function in an independent, self-directed manner
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize and to deal with changes in tasks with short notice
- Ability to learn and perform applicable advanced nutrition assessment including Subjective Global Assessment, Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis, skinfold measurements and indirect calorimetry
- Proficiency in computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Office applications and medical software
- Ability to negotiate and advocate for patients and the Dietetic profession
- Demonstrated teaching ability, and leadership skills to facilitate meetings, volunteers and students
- Ability to adapt to a wide variety of patient populations and knowledge of cultural foods and diversity
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, decision-making and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to extract very detailed information to make informed decisions
- Broad-based knowledge and versatility in clinical dietetics
- Ability to conduct practice-based research
POSTED DATE: October 22, 2020 CLOSING DATE: until filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
NTT DATA is currently seeking a strong Lead Developer experienced in Microsoft and other technologies to join their team in our Toronto location. We require a highly skilled professional to take...
Close Talent Planning Manager Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Manager Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Human Resources Years Experience: 6-8...
Close Key Account Manager Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Manager Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Manufacturing Job Type: Full-time Number of...
Job Description Position at CloudBlue CloudBlue is a technology solution startup born from the need to digitally transform a multibillion-dollar enterprise. The CloudBlue platform orchestrates...
Close Digital Content & CRM Manager Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Customer Relationship...
Close Senior Brand Manager (Food & Beverage - CPG) Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Manager Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Marketing Years...
NTT DATA is currently seeking a strong Lead Developer experienced in Microsoft and other...
Close Talent Planning Manager Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career...
Close Key Account Manager Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career...
Job Description Position at CloudBlue CloudBlue is a technology solution startup born from the...
Close Digital Content & CRM Manager Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+...
Close Senior Brand Manager (Food & Beverage - CPG) Job Posting Category: Experienced...