Employee Type:Regular-Full time
Union/Non:This is a non-union position
WE= unlimited potential
We didn’t get to be a leader in energy delivery or ranked on the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations index on our own. We did it in partnership with outstanding individuals who work together as a team to fuel people’s quality of life. Individuals like you. And now we’re looking for just such an individual to join our team.
To learn more about us, visit www.enbridge.com .
This requisition will remain open until filled; however, consideration will be given to applicants in order of application date.
The Emergency Response Coordinator is primarily accountable for provision of specialist advice and support to regional operations personnel in implementation of Enbridge Liquids Pipelines (LP’s) Emergency Preparedness and Response (ER) programs, processes, procedures and initiatives within Canada and the U.S. In addition, the Emergency Response Coordinator assists and supports the development and maintenance of ER programs, processes, and procedures as required ensuring their ongoing effectiveness and consistent application within LP.
- Facilitate, coordinate and support implementation of ER programs, processes, procedures and initiatives to ensure consistent and effective application across operating regions within Canada and the U.S.
- Coordinate development and support the delivery of ER training to employees, contractors, external EPR agencies and other identified stakeholders across LP.
- Assure an adequate supply of emergency response equipment and materials are readily available and are properly maintained as required to effectively respond to emergencies across the pipeline system.
- Liaise with local emergency response, mutual aid organizations and neighboring facilities as required assisting Regions in identifying their ER capabilities and limitations.
- Assist Regions in the development and maintenance of agreements with emergency response, mutual aid agencies and other companies with neighboring facilities as required and requested.
- Assure ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements for ER and liaise with regulators as requested and required in this regard.
- Assist and support offices and Regions in development, execution and evaluation of emergency response exercises (table tops, notification, evacuation drills, fire scenarios, and land/water/ice deployment exercises, security etc.).
- Coordinate larger scale internal exercises and Enbridge participation in larger scale exercises conducted by external agencies (government, mutual aid etc.).
- Assure all required ER exercises are completed as required and that post exercise review meetings are held and that any learning are documented, effectively communicated, and followed up on as required across all of Liquids Pipelines.
- Regularly assess operational emergency risks within the organization and ensure adequate preparedness to respond to and mitigate such risks.
- Regularly assess the adequacy and effectiveness of ER programs, processes, procedures and initiatives being implemented in the field and ensure corrective action plans are developed and followed up on as required.
- Act as an on-site technical resource to incident commanders and crews responding to emergencies (spills, fires, etc.) as required and requested.
- Assure proper post incident review meetings are held and that any lessons learned are documented, effectively communicated, and followed up on as required.
- Provide specialist ER support and advice to management and operating regions and participate and act as a resource to internal committees as requested.
- Assure ER programs adequately address ongoing operational emergency preparedness needs and adequately address and provide input to the ER Program Coordinator with ongoing development and maintenance of programs and initiatives to address identified needs.
- Provide input to the ER Program Coordinator during development of emergency response plans for new or expanding facilities as required by projects.
- Monitor industry best practices by participating in external pipeline and emergency response committees and exercises, monitoring industry trends, and researching and identifying new ER technologies, equipment and materials.
- Coordinate purchase of ER equipment and materials within LP as required and requested.
- Develop and maintain assigned operating and capital budgets items as required for EPR training, exercises, and equipment and material purchases.
- A degree, diploma or certification related to occupational health and safety, environment or emergency response combined with a minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible experience in roles involving emergency response within the oil and gas industry. Other combinations of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Training and experience in incident command systems, response to oil spills on both land and water and response to high vapor pressure products releases is preferred.
- Training and experience in industrial firefighting including tank fires would also be considered an asset.
- Working knowledge and practical experience in utilizing industry best practices for responding to oil and gas facility and/or pipeline emergencies.
- Understanding of applicable emergency response regulations and related standards within Canada and the U.S.
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills in executing routine duties and during times of crisis.
- Exceptional organizational, planning, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to innovative, influence change and deliver results.
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
We accept applications submitted via our online recruiting system only (https://careers.enbridge.com ).
Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to provide employment opportunities to all individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org .
We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.
Organization Overview Aecon Construction Group Inc. is the largest publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company in Canada. Aecon’s expertise covers the full range of...
AECOM is seeking a Site Administrator to join our team at IOL Kearl, Alberta. This is a Temporary position on a 6 day on, 1 day off rotation. May include the following responsibilities: Control...
AECOM is seeking a Carpenter Foreman to join our IOK Kearl Project team to be based in Fort MacKay, Alberta. This is a Full Time position; 14 day on 7 day of shift rotation. Carpenters...
AECOM is seeking Safety Advisors to join our IOL Kearl project team in Fort Mackay, AB. This is a Temporary position on a 6 day on, 1 day off rotation. Develops and manages SH&E programs for...
AECOM is seeking a Carpenter Journeyman to join our IOL Kearl Project located in Fort Mackay, Alberta. This is a Full Time position on a 14 day off, 7 day on shift rotation. Carpenters...
AECOM is seeking a Hydraulics Specialist to join our CNRL Horizon project located in Fort Mackay, Alberta. This position is on a 7 on, 7 off rotation. The Hydraulics Specialist will maintain...
Organization Overview Aecon Construction Group Inc. is the largest publicly traded construction...
AECOM is seeking a Site Administrator to join our team at IOL Kearl, Alberta. This is a...
AECOM is seeking a Carpenter Foreman to join our IOK Kearl Project team to be based in Fort...
AECOM is seeking Safety Advisors to join our IOL Kearl project team in Fort Mackay, AB. This...
AECOM is seeking a Carpenter Journeyman to join our IOL Kearl Project located in Fort Mackay,...
AECOM is seeking a Hydraulics Specialist to join our CNRL Horizon project located in Fort...