What is the opportunity?
As a Regional Director, you will provide overall market management by leading the establishment and achievement of team objectives including client services and sales related activities. Your focus will be to achieve superior client experience through advice driven client discussions. You will also be accountable for ongoing coaching and development of staff, ensuring high level of employee capability and engagement through focused sales management routines and the promotion of a collaborative team environment.
What will you do?
- Oversee Insurance store operations
- Reinforce a client first culture, actively coach each team member in delivering a superior client experience
- Represent RBC Insurance within the community, demonstrating leadership and focus on attracting new business opportunities and increasing likeliness to recommend through existing client referrals
- Contributes and leads market sales plan results, adjusting team sales and client activities to achieve/exceed overall market plan
- Accountable to drive team sales success through regular sales routines and ongoing coaching activities targeted to develop team sales capability
- Apply Performance Management through regular reviews, joint sales calls, sales routines, ongoing coaching discussions of the PMD, performance enablement, assessment and development plan
- Ensures sales force capability through building necessary skills/competencies/accreditations to meet market needs, including knowledge of RBC partners for referral success
- Takes the initiative to keep informed of current events, market news and internal information on applicable internal sites
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum 5 years of sales leadership, people management and sales management experience
- Progressive industry and general business experience (5+ years) with a focus on multi-line insurance in a sales capacity
- Superior selling and sales management skills
- LLQP (Life License) & General Insurance License
- Entrepreneurial / business developer mindset
- Superior time management and organizational abilities
- Strong people management skills; able to assemble and manage a new team of people
- Must be flexible to work fluctuating schedules including evenings and weekends
- Post-secondary education preferred, or equivalent experience in lieu
- Financial Planning designation would be an asset
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Opportunities to build close relationships with clients
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: Ontario South West
Address: Ontario South West
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Insurance Centre
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: People Manager
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 26-50
People Manager: Yes
Application Deadline: 2018-06-18
Req ID: 165884
Posting Notes: [[mfield1]]
Req ID: 25561 Experience Level: Professional Other Location(s): Los Angeles (CA) Relocation offered: Yes Travel required: a. Up to 25% Come grow with us At Capital Group, how we work is defined...
Store Manager - PartSource - Toronto (Finch Ave.) - C04QMH PartSource is a chain of automotive parts specialty stores that offer brand-name auto parts to the medium to heavy ‘do-it-yourselfers,’...
Are you Brother material? Who is Brother? Behind every one of our easy-to-use reliable products –printers, labellers, scanners, sewing, embroidery and quilting machines – you’ll also find a whole...
At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your...
Channel Manager - Sales (Toronto) - SAL03734-18 Description Join our team TELUS Small Business Solutions (SBS) Sales is a dedicated business-to-business sales channel serving customers from the...
Reporting to the Dayforce Workforce Management Product Owner, the Business Analyst is responsible for gathering and analyzing market and technical requirements for implementing new software...
Req ID: 25561 Experience Level: Professional Other Location(s): Los Angeles (CA) Relocation...
Store Manager - PartSource - Toronto (Finch Ave.) - C04QMH PartSource is a chain of automotive...
Are you Brother material? Who is Brother? Behind every one of our easy-to-use reliable products...
At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We...
Channel Manager - Sales (Toronto) - SAL03734-18 Description Join our team TELUS Small Business...
Reporting to the Dayforce Workforce Management Product Owner, the Business Analyst is...