Job Posting: #869858
Position: Records and Registration Officer
Department: Registrar's Office
Site: The Michener Institute
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Salary: $50,615-$63,269 annually
Hours: 35 hours per week
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Records and Registration Officer position with The Michener Institute.
The Records and Registration Officer reports to the Associate Registrar, Records and Registration and takes direction from the Records and Registration Coordinator. This position provides high quality service to internal and external stakeholders in-person, by telephone and by email for a broad range of complex services related to registration, academic records, graduation, scheduling and accounts receivable/cash receipts (AR/CR) for base and continuing education programming.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and understanding of Institute programs and courses, general admissions, registration, and program participation requirements, deadlines, procedures and policies, as well as the related systems used by the Registrar’s Office.
- Provides complete and current information regarding Institute programs, courses, and services as well as information, interpretation, and clarification regarding Institute policies and procedures to internal and external Institute stakeholders in-person, by telephone and by email.
- Maintains the integrity, security, accuracy, and consistency of student records as required in Registrar’s Office procedures and under Institute policy and provincial/federal privacy legislation.
- Efficiently and accurately processes course and program registrations, transfers and withdrawals including Leave of Absence requests including conditions of readmission.
- Verifies and reviews individual student financial accounts and electronic payment transactions for accuracy and processes and reconciles student payments including daily closing and balancing.
- Processes Transfer Credit/ Exemptions including collecting and processing payment and recording on transcripts.
- Inputs final grades accurately and efficiently as required.
- Prepares Official Transcripts requests and produces Education Verification and Confirmation of Enrollment Letters or Completion letters.
- Undertakes audits for Continuing Education Certificates and prints/distributes credentials.
- Assists in the auditing of credential requirements for Convocation, prints credentials, prepares replacement credentials and participates in convocation ceremony preparation and other graduation activities, as required.
- Prepares draft course and exam schedule for Team Lead including data validations, and creation of draft and final schedules ensuring schedules are conflict-free.
- Maintains and updates departmental procedures manual as required.
- Provides input into the development of annual timelines.
- Under the direction of senior staff, performs system testing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A post-secondary Diploma and 3-5 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated positive customer service skills, superior interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrated organizational, problem solving, and decision-making skills to multi-task, meet deadlines, and be flexible in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Experience using an integrated student information database system and proficient computer/technical skills, using all aspects of MS Office suite. Scheduling software knowledge is an asset.
Qualified internal applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter by January 22, 2021.
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca .
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer.
We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply...
Description Position: Director, Regional Sales Location: Toronto We are looking for salespeople who are sharp, creative, and hardworking with an unwavering desire to be the best. Traditional...
Enterprise Account Manager – Imperva Location: Eastern Canada - Home Office Cyber Security is a big deal. It’s in the news, growing rapidly, a critical tool for every company, and our...
Named Account Manager – Imperva Location:Eastern Canada Cyber Security is a big deal. It’s in the news, growing rapidly, a critical tool for every company, and our specialty. Imperva is a...
Description Xylem |ˈzīləm| 1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots; 2) a leading global water technology company. Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated...
Brandt is currently seeking a Division Manager for the Greater Toronto Area, based out of Mississauga. Reporting to the VP of Operations - Ontario, the successful candidate will be a highly...
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise...
Description Position: Director, Regional Sales Location: Toronto We are looking for salespeople...
Enterprise Account Manager – Imperva Location: Eastern Canada - Home Office Cyber Security is...
Named Account Manager – Imperva Location:Eastern Canada Cyber Security is a big deal. It’s in...
Description Xylem |ˈzīləm| 1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots; 2) a...
Brandt is currently seeking a Division Manager for the Greater Toronto Area, based out of...