Receptionist - (18000075)
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is a global asset management and disposition company, offering customers end-to-end solutions for buying and selling used heavy equipment, trucks and other assets. Operating in a multitude of sectors, including construction, transportation, agriculture, energy, oil and gas, mining, and forestry, the company’s selling channels include: Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers , the world’s largest industrial auctioneer offers live auction events with online bidding; IronPlanet , an online marketplace with featured weekly auctions and providing its exclusive IronClad Assurance® equipment condition certification; Marketplacee , an online marketplace offering multiple price and timing options; Mascus , a leading European online equipment listing service; and Ritchie Bros. Private Treaty , offering privately negotiated sales. The company also offers sector-specific solutions including GovPlanet , TruckPlanet , Kruse Energy Auctioneers , and Cat® auctions, plus equipment financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services. For more information about the unprecedented choice provided by Ritchie Bros., visit RitchieBros.com .
Join a growing global company that offers endless career and learning opportunities with a work culture like no other.
We’re looking for a Receptionist based out of Ritchie Bros.’ global headquarters in Burnaby, BC.
What We Offer:
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 55+ years in business. And, we'll take care of you along the way. Here’s how:
- Base salary + paid overtime
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
- RRSP and an Employee Share Plan, both with company match.
- Ongoing training, professional development and tuition reimbursement.
A multi-award winning LEED gold certified facility, in an exceptional park-like setting, featuring:
- A subsidized, multi-award winning childcare centre.
- A subsidized cafeteria, car washing and dry cleaning services, and free parking.
- A workout facility, featuring advanced gym equipment, bike room, shower and changing facilities, and nutrition and fitness programs.
- Proximity to miles of Fraser River walking paths, plus shops, restaurants and services.
Reporting to the Manager, Facilities & Maintenance, this position will be responsible for answering and directing external and internal calls on our Avaya one-A OSPC system (46 line) to the appropriate departments. The Receptionist will complete administrative duties for any department requiring assistance with filing, spread sheets, copying, binders, and data entry. Computer literacy a must.
In this role you’ll:
- Maintain and order supplies (Xerox)
- Enter meter reads for billing forward to Xerox
- Enter Xerox Billing information
- Order office supplies, business cards, marketing material and uniforms for department requests
- Maintain company organizational charts
Set up and maintain the Saturday reception schedule
- Maintain changes and send e-mails to advise everyone of changes
- Inform Saturday person of anything specific happening that day in the building
- Statutory holiday coverage
- Data entry
- Print brochures/catalogues for events and trade shows
- Event support
- Fishing trip support - culture screen/name badges
- Presentation folders for trade shows
Cover shipping when Shipper/Receiver is on vacation or sick
- Brochures in mail slots to be mailed out to RB Sites
- Mail Delivery distribution for the building
- Fedex shipments
- Purolater shipments
- Fill out customs forms for shipments
- Pick up mail from Post Office (drivers abstract) for the runner.
- Put Company mail through the postage meter
- Take cheques to the Royal Bank for deposit
- Mail pick up from Post Office
- Bank Deposits – Royal Bank
- Deliveries for Office
- Costco runs for special events
Here’s what you bring:
- 2+ years in a similar office role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- You are a team player who enjoys giving a helping hand
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Strong MS Office skills: Visio, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Experience working with Oracle preferred
- Experience running an IP phone system (Avaya or similar)
To get an idea of what our auctions are like, you can check out some auction videos on YouTube right here: http://bit.ly/KKL9Fz
Want to learn more about the company? Visit our Career site , LinkedIn or connect with us today through Facebook or Twitter .
Ritchie Bros. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures nondiscrimination in all activities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is located. Candidate selection is made by Talent Acquisition. Only electronic applications can be can be accepted. No agency calls please.
9500 Glenlyon Parkway
Burnaby V5J 0C6
: Apr 13, 2018, 4:26:25 PM
AECOM is currently seeking a Senior Environmental Technical Expert with expertise in business development to join our dynamic team of professionals within our Environment Business Line in the...
Industrial Staffing - Vancouver Order Picker-Burnaby Our client is offering up to 40 hours per week with the possibility of being hired full time with benefits. You will be order picking very...
Senior Marine Geophysicist - BUR003N Company: Advisian Primary Location : CAN-BC-Burnaby Job : Geosciences Schedule : Full-time Employment Type: Staff Job Level: Experienced Job...
Construction Supervisor - Casual - BUR003O Company: Advisian Primary Location : CAN-BC-Burnaby Job : General/Other Construction Schedule : Part-time Employment Type: Hourly Job...
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together...
Competition No.: 2018-LRL Duration: Auxiliary / On Call / Seasonal Salary: $22.98 per hour with 12% paid in lieu of benefits (Pay Grade 13). Last Updated: 7/24/18 3:16 PM Description Do you enjoy...
AECOM is currently seeking a Senior Environmental Technical Expert with expertise in business...
Industrial Staffing - Vancouver Order Picker-Burnaby Our client is offering up to 40 hours per...
Senior Marine Geophysicist - BUR003N Company: Advisian Primary...
Construction Supervisor - Casual - BUR003O Company: Advisian Primary...
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that...
Competition No.: 2018-LRL Duration: Auxiliary / On Call / Seasonal Salary: $22.98 per hour with...