Since 1911, we have been part of society’s progress on five continents … and we’re not done! Our teams bring together some of the most skilled professionals anywhere. People like you, who have the desire to stretch their talents. By joining SNC-Lavalin, you’re seizing the chance to grow with a leader in engineering and construction offering challenges that never cease to inspire. Take this opportunity to go further.
Our business development team in Toronto is looking for a Business Development Student to be an integral part of their team, performing tasks which will require critical thinking, innovation and problem solving.
** This is an 8 month student opportunity. Applicants must be part of a registered co-op or internship program. **
- Work closely with the Business Development Team in the development of technical models including costing models, workflow activity models, lifecycle models and condition based asset management models.
- Lead the development of O&M data mining protocols for various O&M data streams from existing operations.
- Lead the development of business cases for the procurement of rail operations software.
- Support the development of bid benchmarking models for active and inactive rail O&M pursuits.
- Support the Business Development Team in the development of bids in the P3 Rail and Transit market.
- Support the Business Development Team in the development of marketing materials and senior management presentations.
- Process, control and manage bid documents through all stages of a rail pursuit.
- Prepare weekly status reports for Business Development Management Team
- Handle confidential and highly sensitive information
- 3rd or 4th year student currently enrolled in a related university program
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Analytical skills and motivated by learning opportunities
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, adapt to changing priorities, maintain patience in high pressure situations and take initiative where appropriate
- Strong skill set working with office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio and Adobe Pro
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for solving problems and process improvement.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Student (Fixed Term)
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Application Engineering- Intern-013033 Description Siemens Canada is building tomorrow’s talent. That’s Ingenuity for life. For more than 100 years in Canada, Siemens has been offering engaging...
Risk Analyst Co-op (Fall 2018)-1806012 Description The Financial Risk Management Co-op Program provides a collaborative work environment encouraging talented students to develop into superior...
Project Coordinator Co-op (Fall 2018)-1806015 Description Manulife's Investment Division is a leading global investment manager with offices in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom,...
What is the opportunity? Are you interested in the opportunity to work as a Business/Operations Analyst Student? By applying to this job posting, you will be considered for multiple roles...
Quantitative Analyst Co-op (Fall Sept-Dec 2018)-1805697 Description Gain Experience with a Global Leader The Global Asset Liability Management (Global ALM) group within Investment Division has the...
149252BR Job Description Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world...
Application Engineering- Intern-013033 Description Siemens Canada is building tomorrow’s talent....
Risk Analyst Co-op (Fall 2018)-1806012 Description The Financial Risk Management Co-op Program...
Project Coordinator Co-op (Fall 2018)-1806015 Description Manulife's Investment Division is a...
What is the opportunity? Are you interested in the opportunity to work as a Business/Operations...
Quantitative Analyst Co-op (Fall Sept-Dec 2018)-1805697 Description Gain Experience with a...
149252BR Job Description Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they...