Since 1911, we have been part of society’s progress on five continents … and we’re not done! Our teams bring together some of the most skilled professionals anywhere. People like you, who have the desire to stretch their talents. By joining SNC-Lavalin, you’re seizing the chance to grow with a leader in engineering and construction offering challenges that never cease to inspire. Take this opportunity to go further.
Our business development team in Toronto is looking for a Business Development Student to be an integral part of their team, performing tasks which will require critical thinking, innovation and problem solving.
** This is an 8 month student opportunity. Applicants must be part of a registered co-op or internship program. **
- Work closely with the Business Development Team in the development of technical models including costing models, workflow activity models, lifecycle models and condition based asset management models.
- Lead the development of O&M data mining protocols for various O&M data streams from existing operations.
- Lead the development of business cases for the procurement of rail operations software.
- Support the development of bid benchmarking models for active and inactive rail O&M pursuits.
- Support the Business Development Team in the development of bids in the P3 Rail and Transit market.
- Support the Business Development Team in the development of marketing materials and senior management presentations.
- Process, control and manage bid documents through all stages of a rail pursuit.
- Prepare weekly status reports for Business Development Management Team
- Handle confidential and highly sensitive information
- 3rd or 4th year student currently enrolled in a related university program
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Analytical skills and motivated by learning opportunities
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, adapt to changing priorities, maintain patience in high pressure situations and take initiative where appropriate
- Strong skill set working with office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio and Adobe Pro
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for solving problems and process improvement.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Student (Fixed Term)
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Business Development manager-TAME-CAMI01780942 Description BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - SERVICES REQUISITION NUMBER: TAME-CAMI01780942 ABOUT BOMBARDIER TRANSPORTATION Bombardier Transportation...
Student Support Specialist - (1811057) Description At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly...
Project Director - (BI 00042V) Description LeighFisher, a wholly owned subsidiary of Jacobs, is a global business consulting firm with over 65 years of deep expertise in technical advisory,...
Cloud Platform Rep (Toronto, Canada) Technology Sales Representative III-18000TW0 Preferred Qualifications Sells a subset of product or services directly or via partners to a large number of named...
Vehicle Engineer- Transit and Rail 1800029K The Challenge? Help support our Transportation Clients and have a hand in transforming tomorrow. Senior Project Manager- Transit and Rail-Toronto CH2M...
IS DIGITAL DEVELOPER (CO-OP) Why join the Digital Transformation at Maple Leaf Foods? Do you have a passion for innovation, desire to building world-class IT systems and most of all, a craving for...
Business Development manager-TAME-CAMI01780942 Description BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER -...
Student Support Specialist - (1811057) Description At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s...
Project Director - (BI 00042V) Description LeighFisher, a wholly owned subsidiary of Jacobs, is...
Cloud Platform Rep (Toronto, Canada) Technology Sales Representative III-18000TW0 Preferred...
Vehicle Engineer- Transit and Rail 1800029K The Challenge? Help support our Transportation...
IS DIGITAL DEVELOPER (CO-OP) Why join the Digital Transformation at Maple Leaf Foods? Do you...