R&D Analytical Chemist - Internship/CoOp Canada-1900825
Analytical Science (AS), Core Research and Development of the Dow Chemical Company, has an exciting and challenging six-month work experience for an Analytical Chemist located in Alberta Operations, Fort Saskatchewan Site, Canada. The mission of AS is to accelerate Dow business success through excellence in measurement science.
With a focus primarily on analytical support for Alberta Operations site, the candidate will partner to provide accurate analytical measurements, solve problems for manufacturing customers, or to improve analytical measurement strategies through the application of analytical chemistry with a specialty in Separations Sciences. The candidate will be a member of the Gas Chromatography Center of Expertise (GC CoE).
This six-month work experience will provide the candidate with the opportunity to build skills and hands-on experience with sample preparation techniques, contemporary gas chromatographic instrumentation and related techniques, and an opportunity to develop process problem solving and plant support skills. A broad understanding of other disciplines in analytical chemistry is an asset. Expertise or experience in computers applications or good mechanical skills with analytical devices are desired attributes. Further attributes for the candidate include the capability to handle multiple projects at the same time, work independently, strong documentation skills, all with a high level of safety consciousness are required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with providing analytical support for site-related projects. Perform non-routine analysis and conduct method development under the guidance of a senior technical functional specialist.
- Participate in analytical problem solving teams to support AB Operations activities.
- Generate sound analytical data and interpretation for complex systems.
- Communicate and appropriately document analysis and project results.
- Participate and assist in supporting global projects, like oil sands, and other I-Park agreements.
- Assist with method transfers on procedures and method developed by the Center of Expertise in Gas Chromatography (CoE).
- Assist the team in projects the Capability Development Funding program under the guidance of a senior technical function specialist.
- Other duties include the involvement of the GC maintenance program, inventory management, ordering supplies, 5S, and waste disposal management.
- Satisfy all quality and safety requirements of the department.
An advanced degree in Analytical/Organic Chemistry is preferred. A minimum requirement is the completion of a Bachelor of Science degree with a major or minor in Chemistry.
Preferred (not required) skills and experience:
Good working experience Agilent Chemstation, Openlab, and Microsoft office programs are a benefit.
North America-Canada-Alberta-Fort Saskatchewan
AECOM is seeking a Hydraulics Specialist to join our CNRL Horizon project located in Fort Mackay, Alberta. This position is on a 7 on, 7 off rotation. The Hydraulics Specialist will maintain...
Organization Overview Aecon Construction Group Inc. is the largest publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company in Canada. Aecon’s expertise covers the full range of...
AECOM is seeking a Site Administrator to join our team at IOL Kearl, Alberta. This is a Temporary position on a 6 day on, 1 day off rotation. May include the following responsibilities: Control...
Experienced Vac Truck Operator Location: Sherwood Park Job Code: 4255 # of openings: 1 Description Canadian Hydrovac Ltd. Experienced Vac Truck Operator Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta Canadian...
AECOM is seeking a Carpenter Journeyman to join our IOL Kearl Project located in Fort Mackay, Alberta. This is a Full Time position on a 14 day off, 7 day on shift rotation. Carpenters...
AECOM is seeking a Carpenter Foreman to join our IOK Kearl Project team to be based in Fort MacKay, Alberta. This is a Full Time position; 14 day on 7 day of shift rotation. Carpenters...
AECOM is seeking a Hydraulics Specialist to join our CNRL Horizon project located in Fort...
Organization Overview Aecon Construction Group Inc. is the largest publicly traded construction...
AECOM is seeking a Site Administrator to join our team at IOL Kearl, Alberta. This is a...
Experienced Vac Truck Operator Location: Sherwood Park Job Code: 4255 # of...
AECOM is seeking a Carpenter Journeyman to join our IOL Kearl Project located in Fort Mackay,...
AECOM is seeking a Carpenter Foreman to join our IOK Kearl Project team to be based in Fort...