Bank of America is one of the world's largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk-management products and services. Following the acquisition of Merrill Lynch on January 1, 2009, Bank of America is among the world's leading wealth management companies and is a global leader in corporate and investment banking and trading across a broad range of asset classes serving corporations, governments, institutions and individuals around the world.
The QS Uncleared Margin Rule (UMR) Professional is a member of the team responsible for maintaining the stability of business processes and controls needed to ensure the firm’s initial margin calculations are accurate and consistent with Dodd-Frank’s Uncleared Margin Rules (UMR) in support of our internal stakeholder, the Counterparty Portfolio Management group.
The analyst will be responsible for various business-as-usual deliverables which must be executed in a timely yet accurate fashion.
- Review and verify the model inputs feeding the IA calculations
- Identify, document and escalate production errors detected during pre and post-calculation routines
- Perform periodic controls which exist to prevent and mitigate erroneous IA calculations
- Work directly with the front office and technology teams on issues discovered through technology testing and daily control procedures
- Assist with the testing and validation of IA results through each technology release
- Identify and establish control processes that will mitigate future IA calculation errors
- Perform daily and ad-hoc reporting to measure and monitor key metrics for the UMR BAU space
- Provide enhanced analysis and IA explains to front office and collateral operations teams when counterparty disputes arise for IA calculations
- Minimum undergraduate in Mathematics, Finance or Quantitative field
- At least 3 years of experience working in a quantitative risk, middle office, or front office role
- Excellent communication & analytical skills
- Knowledge of Financial Risk Management, Credit Risk Models, Value at Risk (VaR) including market & credit risk
- Strong technical skills including experience using Excel, VBA and SQL
- Experience pricing OTC derivative products including futures, options, swaps, credit default swaps, forward rate agreements and swaptions
- Experience working with OTC derivatives/Fixed Income
What Bank of America Merrill Lynch Offers
Bank of America Merrill Lynch embodies a culture that extends from how we think, to how we behave, and to how we measure performance. By achieving excellence - in everything we do, every time we do it - we deliver the full value of Merrill Lynch for our clients, our shareholders and our employees.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch places a high value on talent and on maintaining a culture defined by meritocracy. For these reasons, it is deeply committed to professional development, opportunity and accountability at all levels of the organization.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants with disabilities may notify us of any accommodations needed to support your participation in the recruitment process. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying. Please be aware that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for this position.
What is the opportunity? You would be part of the 2nd line of defense function, providing challenge and oversight on our Infrastructure platform. You would manage a broad set of Enterprise Cyber...
Senior Business Analyst, Market Risk Solutions Requisition ID : 19005585 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Risk Management Work Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto-161 Bay...
What is the opportunity? Reporting to the Director, Counterparty Credit and Regulatory Initiative Development in Counterparty Credit Risk group, the Risk Manager will be responsible for...
Senior Risk Manager Requisition ID : 19007067 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Risk Management Work Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto-21 Melinda Street 6th Floor Unposting...
What is the opportunity? The Senior Manager is responsible for model validation of enterprise risk models, Value At Risk models, regulatory capital models and pricing models. This individual will...
What is the opportunity? The Manager, Credit Risk Measurement will support implementation and maintenance of IFRS 9 Credit Measurement System for the consolidated bank, a systems implementation...
What is the opportunity? You would be part of the 2nd line of defense function, providing...
Senior Business Analyst, Market Risk Solutions Requisition ID : 19005585 Position...
What is the opportunity? Reporting to the Director, Counterparty Credit and Regulatory...
Senior Risk Manager Requisition ID : 19007067 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full...
What is the opportunity? The Senior Manager is responsible for model validation of enterprise...
What is the opportunity? The Manager, Credit Risk Measurement will support implementation and...