LOCATION: Fort McMurray, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 21221
Reporting to the manager of reclamation planning and field services, the quality control - construction monitor is responsible to provide consistent, reliable and efficient geotechnical guidance to operations, planning and engineering groups.
- Complete geotechnical inspections of assigned work areas and raise issues and report anomalies
- Perform geotechnical monitoring and testing for earth dam construction, foundation approvals, compaction testing/lift approvals, materials sampling at placement areas, pit inspections to assess borrow source material
- Conduct the monthly scheduled instrumentation readings including slope indicators, piezometers and standpipes
- Complete routine maintenance of instrumentation in assigned area of responsibility
- Crat, maintain and follow up of both the documented reporting and informal communication loops required for the completion of field activities (non-conformance reporting, monthly area surveillance reports and cross shift reporting)
Experience and Education:
- Degree in Civil Engineering/Geotechnical Engineering or related field
- Engineer in training with a year of experience in geotechnical construction monitoring, instrumentation monitoring, including drilling, installation and reading of slope inclinometers, piezometers, and other dyke monitoring activities
- Experience with the operation and maintenance of portable moisture and density testing gauges
- Eligible for ASET membership preferred
- Experience with SAP/GTILT would be a plus
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong technical knowledge and skills in geotechnical field engineering
- Familiar with American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) and Canadian Standards Association (CSA) sampling, testing methods and procedures
- Excellent organization and communication skills, and ability to work in a team environment
- Strong sense of ownership, with demonstrated interpersonal and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple and changing priorities under tight deadlines with strong decision-making skills
- Possess solid leadership and communication skills to interact with all functions and levels of leadership
- Understand complex processes, and strive to develop and implement continuous improvement and creative process enhancements
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Our mission to create energy for a better world begins with caring about the communities we live and work in, while responding to your interests and concerns. Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see how we're living up to our commitment to keeping you informed.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Suncor is committed to accessibility and accommodations will be provided to applicants upon request. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Engineering
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas;...
Finding efficient, safe, and economical ways to develop and deliver oil and gas is an on-going challenge. From the Arctic to the Canadian oil sands and the US shale plays, our Oil & Gas team...
Do you have the ability to work in a collaborative team environment? Do you love problem solving? Our client is looking for an Information Management Specialist to complete a six month contract in...
Are you ready to work for a company that champion’s integrity in a safe, responsible manner? Our Calgary Oil & Gas client has an opening for Senior Environmental Specialist on a one year contract....
Job description The Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) Engineer role: provides Instrumentation and Controls engineering support across Upstream conventional oil, heavy oil and oil sands mining...
Finding efficient, safe, and economical ways to develop and deliver oil and gas is an ongoing challenge. From the Arctic to the Canadian oil sands and the US shale plays, our Oil & Gas team...
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees...
Finding efficient, safe, and economical ways to develop and deliver oil and gas is an on-going...
Do you have the ability to work in a collaborative team environment? Do you love problem...
Are you ready to work for a company that champion’s integrity in a safe, responsible manner? Our...
Job description The Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) Engineer role: provides Instrumentation...
Finding efficient, safe, and economical ways to develop and deliver oil and gas is an ongoing...