Quality Assurance Technician
Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years)
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Industry: Packaged Goods
Job Category: Manufacturing,Quality Assurance
Years Experience: 1-2 Years
Job Type: Full-time
Posting Date: September 28, 2020
5055 Satellite Drive, Unit 1 & 2
Share this job:
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Supervisor, the Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for ensuring that all products manufactured are in accordance with internal, regulatory, and customer quality management systems.
- Monitor product safety and quality, production process and personnel GMP practice to ensure the compliance to established procedures (SOP’s), standards and requirements.
- Perform production line QA functions as required.
- Perform Pre-operational and/ or during production cleanliness inspection. Perform various swabbing for product safety monitoring
- Identify, report and investigate any deviation to procedure, system or standard and assist with implementing corrective actions and follow ups
- Perform and assist in administrating internal and external lab testing and test result documenting
- Participate or assist in employee Food Safety and Quality training
- Participate in compliance of CFIA and Health regulations, and customer’s requirements through inspections or audits of the facility to ensure food safety and quality standards are met
- Liaise with other departmental management to meet food safety and quality compliance, and provide assistance to other departments as needed or requested
- Inspect incoming raw materials and approve/disapprove their release; administrate records and verify all external or suppliers’ documents based on GPI’s requirements.
- Participate or assist in internal audits in as needed basis
- Document reports, complaints, departmental requests and assist with all administrative functions associated with this role.
- Assist in the continual implantation and improvement of food safety programs such as SQF, HACCP and HACCP Prerequisite Programs
- Follow all company policies and procedures, including: GMP, SQF, HACCP, Health & Safety, Attendance, etc.
- Follow safe work practices and procedures as per company policies and procedures and Work Safe regulations.
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements, Skills & Qualifications:
- B.Sc. or college diploma in Food Science or related fields Technology or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 year experience in industrial food manufacturing specializing in Quality Assurance/ Quality Control activities an asset.
- Understanding and application of experience of food science principals, production processes, statistics, sensory evaluation, and analytical techniques.
- Strong knowledge of HACCP, Prerequisite Programs, and GMP’s.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a cross functional team environment.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Must be computer proficient (MS Office & Excel).
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time management and stress managing skills
- Strive in fast paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Must be available for day, afternoon, graveyard and weekend shifts
- Combination of an office and plant setting
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Interacting with various levels of management and employees
- Exposure to some job related hazards, including: slippery floors and machinery
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or any other protected factor.
À titre d'employeur souscrivant au principe de l'égalité d'accès í l'emploi, Conagra Brand considère les candidats qui sont qualifiés pour les offres d'emplois sans égard í la race, la couleur, les croyances religieuses, l'origine, le sexe, l'orientation sexuelle, l'identité de genre, la langue parlée, l'âge, le handicap ou tout autre facteur discriminatoire.
Learn More about Conagra Brands Canada Inc.
See all Conagra Brands Canada Inc. job postings
Setup a Career Alert for similar jobs
Send to a friend
Share this job:
JOB POSTING #865941 POSITION: TEAM LEAD NUTRITION SYSTEM APPLICATIONS SITE: TORONTO GENERAL HOSPITAL DEPARTMENT: NUTRITION SERVICES REPORTS TO: SENIOR DIRECTOR,...
BSc or higher degree in Chemistry or related sciences Experience in method optimization and validation using HPLC Experience in a GMP pharmaceutical environment Kelly Scientific Resources (KSR) is...
CUPE JOB POSTING # 866778 Position: NUTRITION PORTER, WAREWASHING Site: Toronto General Hospital Department: Nutrition Reports to: Manager Scale/Grade: Level...
CUPE JOB POSTING # 867028 Position: Nutrition Porter, Warewashing Site: Toronto General Hospital Department: Nutrition Services Reports to: Manager Hours: ...
CUPE JOB POSTING # 865904 Position: NUTRITION PORTER, WAREWASHING Site: Toronto General Hospital Department: Nutrition Reports to: Manager Scale/Grade: Level...
CUPE JOB POSTING # 866821 Position: Nutrition Porter, Warewashing Site: Toronto General Hospital Department: Nutrition Services Reports to: Manager Hours: ...
JOB POSTING #865941 POSITION: TEAM LEAD NUTRITION SYSTEM APPLICATIONS SITE: ...
BSc or higher degree in Chemistry or related sciences Experience in method optimization and...
CUPE JOB POSTING # 866778 Position: NUTRITION PORTER, WAREWASHING Site: ...
CUPE JOB POSTING # 867028 Position: Nutrition Porter, Warewashing Site: ...
CUPE JOB POSTING # 865904 Position: NUTRITION PORTER, WAREWASHING Site: ...
CUPE JOB POSTING # 866821 Position: Nutrition Porter, Warewashing Site: ...