Description: QA Lead (Senior)
Our client, a leader in the oil and gas industry is looking for a Senior QA Lead for their project in the Western Canada. This holder of this position leads QA activities for a large program or projects of large size or business impact or a number of concurrent projects.
This is a full time 12 months contract starting in September 2020.
- Establish and evolve formal information technology quality assurance processes and oversee all aspects of QA including applying industry leading practices and identifying new tools and processes to ensure quality objectives are met.
- Responsible for leading the development and execution of an end-to-end test plan.
- Establishes metrics and manages all activities in the plan to ensure that all objectives are met and that the solution works as expected.
- Accountable to ensure that testing is well defined, planned and executed
- Decision Making: Makes decisions and recommendations on highly technical or complex issues autonomously, including those without formal guidelines or precedents. Exercises resourcefulness and ingenuity to interpret policy.
- Provides direction in executing testing of every phase and feature of the solution to identify potential issues and fixes before the product goes live.
- Develops metrics for product quality and develops test programs and approaches in executing test cases, scripts, plans and procedures.
- Oversees testing solutions in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other legacy- and / or external systems.
- Evaluates requirements from various sources, including interviews with programmers and business users, project documentation, and bug reports.
- Manages functional, integration, end-to-end, performance, and load tests. Confirm that test plan and test script evaluations demonstrate that project deliverables meet business requirements. Plans, engages and directs technical, non-technical and business users to ensure quality of the solution or product.
Attend design sessions
• Deliverables: User stories, DevOps, test strategy, test plan
• Identification of testers and super users
• Arrange the test sessions with the SMEs and business
• Execution of SIT
• Defect logging, triage and administration
• Bachelor's degree or a Masters’ degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 6 years of experience as a QA Lead
- Extensive experience in the oil and gas industry
Please send your most updated Resume is MSWord format. We thank all the applicants but only the most qualified will be contacted.
What Do We Offer You?
- Competitive base+ 4% weekly vacation pay
- Prompt weekly paychecks via direct deposit
- Ability to enroll for benefits after 90 days
- Free training and continuous learning opportunities via our Kelly Learning Center (online)
About Kelly Services
At Kelly, we believe in the strength of relationships rather than transactions. That's why we are committed to placing job seekers among the best employers in Canada and around the world. Our positions range from entry levels to manager levels on a temporary or permanent basis.
MEDICAL DEVICE PRODUCT EXPERT / PRODUCT SPECIALIST / REGULATORY AUDITOR, Bosch Global Associates Ltd, about 1 monthUSD$95,000 - USD$150,000 per annum, negotiable Alberta , Canada Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now MEDICAL DEVICE PRODUCT EXPERT/PRODUCT SPECIALIST/REGULATORY...
Close Manager, Strategic Accounts - Prairies Retail Chain, Grocery & SLGA Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Manager Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category:...
City of Calgary City Clerk If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees...
Brandt is currently seeking a Geomatic Product Specialist based out of Calgary branch. Brandt Positioning Technology provides technology solutions to the construction, survey, engineering, mining,...
MEDICAL DEVICE PRODUCT EXPERT / PRODUCT SPECIALIST / REGULATORY AUDITOR, Bosch Global Associates Ltd, about 1 monthUSD$95,000 - USD$150,000 per annum, negotiable Alberta , Canada Permanent, full-time Be one of...
Close Manager, Strategic Accounts - Prairies Retail Chain, Grocery & SLGA Job Posting Category:...
City of Calgary City Clerk If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with...
Brandt is currently seeking a Geomatic Product Specialist based out of Calgary branch. Brandt...