Purchase Coordinator/Office Admin-1806573
The Dow Chemical Company has an exciting opportunity for a Purchase Coordinator/Office Admin in Prentiss, AB.
This dual role has the primary responsibility for ensuring purchasing requisitions standards are maintained, while supporting the administrative needs of the department. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, interfacing with multiple clients as well as customer interaction. The successful candidate must be able to work independently to produce quality results.
Purchase Coordinator/Material Flow Responsibilities:
- Create Purchase Requisitions for department, monitor requisitions for Purchase Order (PO) creation.
- Record PO and send to vendors.
- Cross reference contractor employee’s timesheets with invoice, Data entry in SAP for payment.
- Process data entry in SAP for month end charges.
- Monitor invoice payment (correct amount & PO).
- Follow up with Procure to Pay/Accounts Payable for on time payment of invoices.
- Ensure all monthly bills of all on site contractors are being paid on time.
- Monthly Accruals.
- Run SAP financial reports for all cost centers and compile data for department, fix discrepancies when found.
- Audit cost centers and prepare documentation/ follow up with cost accountants to move cost if required.
- Work with purchasing / Ariba group to resolve invoice payment issues.
- Work with vendors on overdue accounts.
- Scope out and purchase various railyard equipment/parts.
- Attend New Vendor Requests.
Office Admin/Office Professional Responsibilities:
- Manage department email distribution list.
- Manage employee on/off boarding.
- Organize special events (Golf tournament, team building event, United Way).
- Manage recurring department meetings and lunches.
- Purchase office supplies for department.
- Building Owner for all Site Logistics buildings (coffee, photocopier, problems with building).
- Backup building warden - attend meetings quarterly.
- Attend monthly safety meeting.
- Manage department headcount list.
- Assist with site functions when needed (school tour, TA lunch, United Way etc.).
- Pick up parts offsite.
- Help team members with software/IT/SAP issues or anything else.
- Update Organization Chart.
- Back up Admin Professional for other functions on site.
- Coordinate office moves (evacuation list, office furniture, etc).
- Edit / format & move operating procedures.
- Create overdue WebEDMS (Electronic Documentation Management System) Report
- Manage file / folder share access.
- Data Entry in system tools/data base.
- Logbook Admin - Add/remove new users - help troubleshoot user problems.
- Track contractor Over Time.
- Record contract Overtime metrics on Global SharePoint site.
- Update Authorization matrix.
- Print & file hard/electronic all Responsible Care Checklists.
- Scan & file load (poly/glycol) check sheets.
- Cross Reference log book procedures noted vs # of procedures turned into library and document.
- Document Administrator for WEBEDMS.
- Prepare and send monthly department reports.
- Set up new employee accounts for all employees.
- Maintain file share security (6 File Shares).
- Prepare annual on call list for unit.
- Perform record retention on documents under my control annually.
- Perform phone and workstation inventories as required.
- Participates in annual Management System Review.
- Coordinate Self-Assessment against standards.
- 2 or more years of administrative or office management experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Proficiency in SAP.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and adapt to changes and priorities.
- Ability to work in teams and support various members of the department, as well as other site employees.
- This position requires the ability to build strong working relationships with diverse groups. The job duties are diverse and require quick, accurate and consistent decision making.
- Able to communicate and relate well with those internal and external to the company.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are needed.
- Able to handle multiple priorities from multiple sources.
- Must be an organized self-starter exhibiting good judgment and the flexibility to adapt to priority changes and demands.
- Must be able to apply software applications to respond to requests with attention to detail and accuracy.
- A minimum requirement for this Canada based position is the ability to work legally in the Canada. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position.
- Invoice payment
- Creating purchase orders
- Using SAP in current role
- Accounts payable experience
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
At Dow, diversity and inclusion are inherent in our work environment. We are committed to building a vibrant, diverse and talented employee base and helping each employee grow and develop as part of Dow's inclusive global community. Dow has an accommodation process in place to support employees with disabilities.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com .
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us , you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.
Corrosion Chemist (Upstream Chemicals) - Calgary, AB ( Job Number: 1813928) About Us: Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated...
Long Haul Chemical Transport Driver (Canada and United States) - Calgary, AB ( Job Number: 1814298) About Us: Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream...
Long Haul Chemical Transport Driver (Canada and United States) - Calgary, AB ( Job Number: 1814297) About Us: Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream...
Logistics Manager (Upstream Chemicals) - Calgary, AB ( Job Number: 1813999) About Us: Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated...
Project Engineer (Intelligent Production Systems) - Calgary, AB ( Job Number: 1814787) About Us: Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of...
Senior Sales Staff Manager (Completions & Wellbore Intervention) - Calgary, AB, Baker Hughes, 12 daysSenior Sales Staff Manager (Completions & Wellbore Intervention) - Calgary, AB ( Job Number: 1814607) About Us: Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream...
Corrosion Chemist (Upstream Chemicals) - Calgary, AB ( Job Number: 1813928) About Us: Baker...
Long Haul Chemical Transport Driver (Canada and United States) - Calgary, AB ( Job...
Long Haul Chemical Transport Driver (Canada and United States) - Calgary, AB ( Job...
Logistics Manager (Upstream Chemicals) - Calgary, AB ( Job Number: 1813999) About Us: Baker...
Project Engineer (Intelligent Production Systems) - Calgary, AB ( Job Number: 1814787) About...
Senior Sales Staff Manager (Completions & Wellbore Intervention) - Calgary, AB, Baker Hughes, 12 daysSenior Sales Staff Manager (Completions & Wellbore Intervention) - Calgary, AB ( Job...