7095-TORONTO HEAD OFFICE (STORE SUPPORT CENTRE)
Do you know what makes The Home Depot the largest home improvement retailer in the world? Our people. We do all we can to empower those within the Home Depot to tap into their potential and make a difference where it matters most – for our customers and for themselves.
Do you have what it takes to make an impact on the world’s largest home improvement retailer?
Discover what it’s like to be part of a team responsible for helping millions of people complete thousands of home improvement projects every year. Search corporate careers today.
The Home Depot Canada’s public relations (PR) team initiates and inspires conversation while fiercely protecting the brand. The team is seeking a strategic, creative and results-driven PR Specialist who has traditional and digital public relations experience, that includes developing national and regional campaigns to generate reach, positive brand awareness and content. With established relationships and experience working with both traditional media, as well as micro and macro influencers across Canada, the specialist must have a strong understanding of the evolving media and influencer landscape. Reporting to the sr. manager, public relations and communications, the PR specialist is responsible for developing strategic communications plans and executing The Home Depot’s proactive programs, while managing reactive opportunities. This role requires proven strength in analytical skills and strategic thinking that drives results. In partnership with an established agency of record, the PR specialist will also lead The Home Depot’s merchandising and corporate PR programs, while supporting corporate media relations efforts. The specialist will also participate in issue and crisis management and social media efforts.
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Conceptualize and manage integrated campaigns with cross-functional teams including marketing, social, store operations, etc …
- Experience with new measurement tools to demonstrate PR value is an asset.
- Experience with amplification of PR content to support additional goals, including SEO.
- Media relations – proactive and reactive.
- Develop strategic communications plans to support corporate initiatives and execute tactics.
- Manage partnerships with traditional media and influencers, as well as agency partners.
- Conceptualize and execute events and media renovation partnerships.
- Strong written skills required to develop communication plans and supporting written materials, such as look books, media pitches.
- Increase public awareness of Home Depot as the leader in product authority, customer experience and as a good corporate citizen.
- Co-manage external PR agency to ensure effective PR programs are delivered on time and on budget.
- Participate in integrated marketing efforts to position The Home Depot as Canada’s everyday leader in home improvement value.
- Develop strategic communications plans and materials to support corporate objectives and initiatives.
- Research and identify key influencers, bloggers and online media
- Identify, recruit and manage influencer/brand ambassador programs
- Build strong relationships with social influencers through seeding programs and regular communication
- Negotiate and execute paid blogs/blog networks
- Craft quality pitches that effectively communicate message
- Proactively identify angles and pitch customer, product, or issues-based stories
- Secure and negotiate earned and paid placements
- Act as media spokesperson when required on certain topics.
- Provide media training for Home Depot Canada’s spokespeople.
- Research and write communication materials.
- Liaise with media personalities. Manage and respond to media.
- Leverage opportunities to turn research into news.
- Triage product-focused media inquiries, responding directly or referring to PR agency.
- Develop metrics and report back on results.
- Provide regular status updates on agency activities, overseeing budget reporting and tracking.
- Develop and coordinate product-focused media events.
- Develop content and support execution of special corporate events and live shows.
- Corporate Communications
- Develop and implement communications plans to manage Home Depot’s reputation, neutralize issues and identify issues related to the industry.
- Participate in issue and crisis management.
- Oversee development of daily media summary, providing update to Canadian leadership team.
- Analyze information and media while collaborating with social media team to identify opportunities to minimize negative impacts and/or maximize positive impacts for Home Depot, our partners and associates.
- Provide strategic advice to stakeholders & senior management.
- Build effective relationships and networks with senior management, stakeholders and external media contacts.
- Written communication skills - develop a variety of issues management documents (e.g. issues management plans, news releases, key messages, letters, etc.).
- Act as potential spokesperson and manage government relations activities and respond to media as required.
- Responsible for contributing to the efforts of The Home Depot Canada’s social media team, providing strategic advice and managing contentious issues.
Experience / Knowledge Required:
- Internal Candidates: Must fulfill minimum time-in-position (1 year) and performance management code requirements (M+, Meets expectation, Consistently demonstrates).
- University degree in journalism or public relations and/or diploma or post graduate certificate in public relations or corporate communications.
- Four to six years of experience in public relations (a combination of agency and corporate experience preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in strategy development and tactical execution to accomplish public relations objectives
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining attention to detail
- Availability to respond to issues and crises outside typical business hours (issues and crisis management experience an asset)
- Retail experience an asset
- Bilingualism (English and French) an asset
- 10% travel required
Thank you for applying to The Home Depot Canada. Our careers allow you to “unleash your inner orange” to improve the lives of our customers and yourself by helping them to complete their projects. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
The Home Depot Canada is committed to diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Last Date to Apply
Product Manager, Contact Center Agent Experience 18WD30525 Americas-Canada-Ontario-All Cities Product Manager, Contact Center Agent Experience Location: Home Office, Ontario- Canada Job ID:...
Simply put, customers, innovation, and success are at the heart of what we do at The Source and why we do it. These three words shape our business decisions and our everyday actions. They are...
Early Childhood Resource Spec Job Number: 73169 Job : Health Professional/Assistant Primary Location : Ontario-Hamilton This position will be located at: Ron Joyce Children’s Health...
Early Childhood Resource Spec Job Number: 73170 Job : Health Professional/Assistant Primary Location : Ontario-Hamilton This position will be located at: Ron Joyce Children’s Health...
Physiotherapist Job Number: 73331 Job : Health Professional/Assistant Primary Location : Ontario-Hamilton This position will be located at: St. Peter's Hospital Organization : St. Peter's...
Registered Nurse - Home Visiting - North Bay - (18008753) Description McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At...
Product Manager, Contact Center Agent Experience 18WD30525 Americas-Canada-Ontario-All...
Simply put, customers, innovation, and success are at the heart of what we do at The Source and...
Early Childhood Resource Spec Job Number: 73169 Job : Health Professional/Assistant Primary...
Early Childhood Resource Spec Job Number: 73170 Job : Health Professional/Assistant Primary...
Physiotherapist Job Number: 73331 Job : Health Professional/Assistant Primary...
Registered Nurse - Home Visiting - North Bay - (18008753) Description McKesson is in the...