Staples Promotional Products (SPP) is the world's most trusted source for branded solutions because we make promotional products easy. We are committed to providing outstanding service and exceptional value by being your business partner in brand development. That's why companies large and small, all over the world, turn to us for the resources they need to increase brand reach and visibility.
Leading the industry with over 65 years of experience, Staples Promotional Products has financial strength and global partnerships that ensure we can deliver your custom order on time and at the best possible price. We are dedicated to helping your business.
Responsible for the management and development of the Special Order (SPO) Canada Team, which consists of 3+ Special Order Team Leads, 30+ Special Order Account Representatives, and 3+ Special Order Expediters. Supports Special Order Team Leads and their Special Order team associates with management and trouble-shooting of Special-Order-related tasks (order-entry, processing, following-up and invoicing functions within Linc) Canada-wide, while measuring and enhancing efficiencies within these functions. Responsible for meeting company revenue and margin dollar goals, as well as maintaining and driving profitability with the use of preferred vendors and transport carriers. Supports SAM’s and Field Reps with order-entry assistance via the SPO team and Linc, and facilitates dialogue between all parties to enhance customer service experiences/assess any areas that can be improved upon. Supports the senior leaders within the organization to drive efficiencies within the SPO team and maximize order-entry productivity. May support SPO quoting functions and quotas, with direct client contact, upon request.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Manage and develop Special Order (SPO) Team, consisting of 3+ Special Order Team Leads, 30+ Special Order Account Representatives, 3+ Special Order Expediters
• Work with senior leaders to analyze SPO team productivity reports and effect changes to drive efficiencies within the team and department
• Learn and understand Linc, the order-entry/PO generation/invoice system and related processes, in order to support Special Order Team Leads, Special Order Account Representatives, and Special Order Expediters with order-scenario troubleshooting and training opportunities (with the support of the Learning and Development Team)
• Work with Special Order Team Leads to evaluate and share the successes/opportunities of the SPO team members to drive efficiencies
• Work with Special Order Team Leads to interview and onboard potential SPO team member candidates
• Connect with other departments within SPP Canada and SPP USA to streamline order-entry, processing, follow-up and invoicing functions within the SPO Canada team
• Connect with SAM’s and Field Reps to evaluate customer service experiences via the SPO team and enhance communication between all parties (Field Reps, SPO Team, and customers)
• Work with senior leaders and Special Order Team Leads to modify and enhance the electronic order-entry form
• Connect directly with clients and vendors to assist with and remedy service or team concerns related to order-entry, processing/PO, and invoice functions
• Run daily and weekly SPO team productivity reports and communicate output versus goals to SPO team members
• Upon request, transform the current SPO team functions to include direct client contact with quoting tasks/functions
• Direct SPO sales activities in support of organizational sales targets as confirmed yearly by senior leaders
• Responsible for realizing budgeted gross margin dollars (as confirmed yearly by senior leaders) through adherence to organizational targets, cost avoidance (related to order-entry, processing, follow-up and invoicing errors), and effective supplier negotiation in alignment with SPP Supply Chain on large quote and/or order opportunities
• Responsible for delivering efficiencies to the bottom line through effective cost controls combined with margin maximization on SPO Sales
• Responsible for driving the majority of SPO purchases through preferred (Platinum/Gold) suppliers to trigger and maximize vendor incentives and rebates and internal bonus opportunities
• Direct product safety compliance and mitigation of risk (in alignment with Staples corporate directives) to SPP by having the SPO department utilize compliant suppliers while employing critical evaluation of products which require compliance measures.
• Maximize capacity utilization across teams and locations, allowing on-boarding of new business with minimal headcount additions through strategic structuring of department
Innovation and Change
• Initiate process, structure and system changes across all locations and teams to achieve company response time, customer support, and employee engagement goals
• Direct development and enhancements of the order form to create ongoing efficiencies
• Collaborate with senior leaders to evaluate roadblocks and opportunity areas for process and structural changes
• Create working environment where managers and team members are empowered to recommend changes and improvements
• Work with senior leaders to transform the current SPO team to include direct client-contact quoting as part of the SPO process
• Internal & External Customers / Suppliers as well as Third Parties (i.e. include level or job title of customer relationship and the nature of the customer relationship management and service delivery)
• Customers- Special Order Manager communicates directly with customers (with the approval of the SAM and/or Field Rep) to resolve billing challenges, facilitate problem resolutions, and eventually initiate strategic sales opportunities
• Suppliers- Special Order Manager communicates directly with the Sales VP, Procurement VP or CEO/President level to facilitate problem resolutions, influence negotiations, & collaborate on strategic planning.
• Develop and measure performance objectives for all roles in SPO
• Conduct full performance appraisals for direct reports and review all of the appraisals for each associate on their teams
• Review and approve pay actions for direct and indirect reports
• Mentor and coach direct reports
• Establish training curriculum to ensure new associates are properly prepared and that established associates receive ongoing training.
• Attend and/or host department-wide meetings to provide strategic direction for achievement of department/company initiatives, plus discussion on department/company performance
• Business Strategy (if contributes to business strategy; is position responsible for defining, modifying or executing and is focus on long term (typically 3-5 years) or short- to mid-term (12-18 months)
• The Special Order Department is in place to manage event driven, non-stocked product buys with short windows between quoting, order and delivery. Fluctuations in new business, lost business and often wide ranging large projects necessitate a fairly short term strategic approach, usually 12-18 months. Among the categories of Business Strategy involved are:
• Direct the assessment & reallocation of team structures to support organizational needs
• Collaborate with Procurement on the feedback and selection of Supply Chain partners to drive the required spend to maximize supplier incentives & rebates
• KPIs– Key Performance Indicators (i.e. how is success defined in this role?)
• Order-entry and invoice productivity rates for entire SPO Team
• Efficiency – maximizing order-entry output versus head-count
• Manage expenses including headcount in alignment with departmental budget goals to maximize profitability
• Meet/exceed purchase percentage of transactions utilizing key supplier partners (Platinum/Gold)
• SPO top line sales and margin dollars produced in relation to departmental budget
• Deliver improved response times to customers and field sales
• Improve SPO departmental Global Engagement Scores
Education/Experience Equivalent (minimum requirements)
• Post-secondary university degree
• BS in Business Administration preferred
• MBA or advanced degree beneficial but not required
• Minimum 5 years of management experience
• Experience working with product suppliers
• Product and decoration method expertise a strong asset
• Transactional knowledge of purchase ordering protocols and sourcing platforms
• Advanced management experience
• Customer engagement experience
• Established working relationships at the Leadership Team level
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and influence the decision making process within all levels of the organization and with external vendors and suppliers
• Advanced analytical skills to develop and interpret various departmental and company reports
• Planning / organizational skills to drive results
• Proven ability to express ideas and information clearly, accurately, and effectively through verbal and written communication at all levels within the organization
• Advanced problem resolution skills at both a strategic and functional level
• Excellent interpersonal skills to lead high performing teams and obtain results through others
• Advanced problem resolution experience
• Commitment to company values
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.
Coordinator, Order Fulfillment Location: Holt Renfrew - Toronto - Corporate Store Support Centre (60 Bloor Street West, Suite 1100) Department: Store Experience Cosmetic/Brand Line: Work...
Description WithumSmith+Brown, PC, is seeking a full-time administrative assistant for our Orlando office. This person will perform administrative work of considerable difficulty and involving...
food service supervisor Job Order #: 5646871 Employer Name: BOB'S DINER Wage/Salary Info: $14.50-$18.50 Posted Date: 09-Oct-2018 Location: ELROSE # of Positions: 1 Employment Terms: Full...
We are currently accepting applications for Aboriginal Education The role of the Secondary Aboriginal Support Teacher is to provide specialized services to secondary schools in order to enhance...
American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) equips companies of all sizes with the insights, tools, services and expertise they need to keep their travelers informed, focused and productive...
Skills and Abilities Cook Categories - Cook (general) Cuisine Specialties - Vegetarian - East Indian - South Indian Additional Skills - Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or...
Coordinator, Order Fulfillment Location: Holt Renfrew - Toronto - Corporate Store Support Centre...
Description WithumSmith+Brown, PC, is seeking a full-time administrative assistant for our...
food service supervisor Job Order #: 5646871 Employer Name: BOB'S DINER Wage/Salary...
We are currently accepting applications for Aboriginal Education The role of the Secondary...
American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) equips companies of all sizes with the insights,...
Skills and Abilities Cook Categories - Cook (general) Cuisine Specialties - Vegetarian - East...