JOB POSTING #833524
Position: Project Planner, Planning & Integration
Department: Infrastructure Planning
Reports to: Director, Planning
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Status: Permanent Full-time
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Project Planner, Planning & Integration in our Planning & Integration Department.
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here .
As an integral member of the Infrastructure department, the PROJECT PLANNER, organizes and orchestrates planning activities for redevelopment projects, under the direction of the Director, Planning (or designate). The principal responsibilities include: scope development with users and project sponsors, driving the planning of capital projects and gaining necessary stakeholder input and sign-offs in a staged fashion to facilitate the cost effective and timely execution of multiple/simultaneous small and medium projects for assigned user groups; performing financial responsibilities; performing quality management responsibilities; performing administrative responsibilities to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the department; performing cross-functional and other duties consistent with the job classification as assigned/requested.
- Coordinates and implements strategies to facilitate the cost effective and timely execution of multiple/simultaneous small scale planning activities for projects for assigned user groups
- Monitors the progress and quality of work associated with project planning outcomes
- Performs financial responsibilities such as defining project costs and monitoring budget activity
- Performs quality management responsibilities including conducting on-going evaluation of quality indicators to ensure the integrity and safety of projects
- Performs administrative responsibilities to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the department
- Performs cross-functional and other duties consistent with job classification as assigned/requested
- At minimum, completion of a 3-year community college program in Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Urban Planning or equivalent
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification an asset
- Strong communication skills, to both internal and external stakeholders required
- Effective conflict-management skills required
- Very strong organizational skill required
- Minimum 5+ years related practical experience
- Experience in AutoCAD architectural drafting in detailed design an asset
- Experience utilizing other programs such as Adobe Illustrator/InDesign an asset
- Experience working in hospital an asset.
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: November 8, 2018 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. At our new facility, North America’s first fully digital hospital, the future is very exciting for our...
Facility Maintenance Technician - WD30059427341 What you will do: Customer Service Responds to customer needs, inquiries and requirements in a professional, prompt, respectful and courteous manner...
CAFM Analyst - C04R9B Primary focus is subject matter expertise and ownership of CTC’s CAFM system (FM Systems) for consistency and accuracy on a global basis. This role reports directly to the...
Sr Consultant, Concept Renewal - C04QCC The Concept Renewal team supports the development and execution of new store concepts throughout the project life cycle from initial strategy development to...
What is the opportunity? The Strategic Initiatives and Performance Management group within RBC Capital Markets Technology needs a Project Manager with a proven and consistent track record of...
Posted: 11/27/2018 1:30:38 PM We currently have a temporary full time (until approx. April 2019) opportunity for a Business Analyst in our PMO - Connecting Ontario program at our Bayview...
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. At...
Facility Maintenance Technician - WD30059427341 What you will do: Customer Service Responds to...
CAFM Analyst - C04R9B Primary focus is subject matter expertise and ownership of CTC’s CAFM...
Sr Consultant, Concept Renewal - C04QCC The Concept Renewal team supports the development and...
What is the opportunity? The Strategic Initiatives and Performance Management group within RBC...
Posted: 11/27/2018 1:30:38 PM We currently have a temporary full time (until approx. April 2019)...