JOB POSTING #833524
Position: Project Planner, Planning & Integration
Department: Infrastructure Planning
Reports to: Director, Planning
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Status: Permanent Full-time
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Project Planner, Planning & Integration in our Planning & Integration Department.
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here .
As an integral member of the Infrastructure department, the PROJECT PLANNER, organizes and orchestrates planning activities for redevelopment projects, under the direction of the Director, Planning (or designate). The principal responsibilities include: scope development with users and project sponsors, driving the planning of capital projects and gaining necessary stakeholder input and sign-offs in a staged fashion to facilitate the cost effective and timely execution of multiple/simultaneous small and medium projects for assigned user groups; performing financial responsibilities; performing quality management responsibilities; performing administrative responsibilities to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the department; performing cross-functional and other duties consistent with the job classification as assigned/requested.
- Coordinates and implements strategies to facilitate the cost effective and timely execution of multiple/simultaneous small scale planning activities for projects for assigned user groups
- Monitors the progress and quality of work associated with project planning outcomes
- Performs financial responsibilities such as defining project costs and monitoring budget activity
- Performs quality management responsibilities including conducting on-going evaluation of quality indicators to ensure the integrity and safety of projects
- Performs administrative responsibilities to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the department
- Performs cross-functional and other duties consistent with job classification as assigned/requested
- At minimum, completion of a 3-year community college program in Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Urban Planning or equivalent
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification an asset
- Strong communication skills, to both internal and external stakeholders required
- Effective conflict-management skills required
- Very strong organizational skill required
- Minimum 5+ years related practical experience
- Experience in AutoCAD architectural drafting in detailed design an asset
- Experience utilizing other programs such as Adobe Illustrator/InDesign an asset
- Experience working in hospital an asset.
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: November 8, 2018 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Principal Network Engineer Financial Markets Primary Location : ON-Central GTA-Toronto Employee Status : Regular Schedule : Full-time Description As a Network Engineer, assist in the operational...
Maintenance Planner( Job Number: 190001DZ) Description Good Food, Good Life is the very essence of Nestlé. This philosophy can be traced back to our beginnings. The Nestlé Company was founded in...
Senior Transportation Development Lead -Toronto/ Ottawa/ Kitchener 190000GO The Challenge? Help support our Transit clients and have a hand in transforming tomorrow. Senior Transportation...
What is the opportunity? Support small to large development or maintenance projects (multiple projects - one application with multiple interfaces and/or third parties). Provide input into high...
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. At our new facility, North America’s first fully digital hospital, the future is very exciting for our...
Organization Overview Aecon Construction Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure Development Company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private...
Principal Network Engineer Financial Markets Primary Location : ON-Central GTA-Toronto Employee...
Maintenance Planner( Job Number: 190001DZ) Description Good Food, Good Life is the very...
Senior Transportation Development Lead -Toronto/ Ottawa/ Kitchener 190000GO The Challenge? Help...
What is the opportunity? Support small to large development or maintenance projects (multiple...
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. At...
Organization Overview Aecon Construction Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded...